Hints for 2002...

I know it's just a rumor, but what different coaster could Intamin bring to CP?  A sit-down looper is impractical (B&M would be the better decision), and they don't have too much else.  But what about flat rides...  I can't think of anything big that CP would get from Intamin.
-----------------
Steuks!!
VertiGo flights: 4
MF: 28
Intamin Wood, or some sort of LIM launched coaster I could see happening. From Intamin anyway.
--------------
2001 Force-222   Magnum-413
Gemini- at least 100
"MF has broken down and still hasn't been fixed, consider kicking Joe out of the park"

*** This post was edited by Joe E. on 9/18/2001. ***

Just to put the fence post thing to rest, they put those in at the end of the year in 1999, it was for a new fence to go along there to seal off another behind the scenes area for Live E. and Tech. Services. The only problem with the project was that there wasnt enough money in the budget that year to finish the project, and now it has been put off until it can be finished.
-----------------
Raptor Crew 01
Blue Streak Crew 00
Wildcat Crew 99
Vertigo Launches : 4
Vertigo Wipe-outs : 1
Colossus at Heide Park in Germany just built a woodie last year by Intamin. It's just under 200 feet, and it's smooth as glass. Prefabricated solid pieces of wooden track is probably the way to go without having rough rides on tall woodies.

-------------
MF count: 20

I can't believe I forgot about the Intamin woodies (or woodie, I guess).  That would make sense, of course I would rather have a CCI or GCI but I will try not to turn this thread into another 2002 debate...
-----------------
Steuks!!
VertiGo flights: 4
MF: 28
I still think the fact that there could be a very long straightaway over back between Magnum and Mine Ride if Dogem bites the dust should be something to keep in mind...
Er, there is a long straightaway back there. It's called Camp Snoopy!

--Dave Althoff, Jr.
Another visit, another observation, another theory...

I was in the park on Saturday.

New orange paint has been spotted on the concrete just inside the Oceana gate. Markings begin on the concrete next to the Ocean Motion exit, extend out 10-15 feet towards the midway, then head back at a strange angle towards the stadium ramp.

Dave's theory: The stadium demolition that was scheduled for a couple of years ago will finally happen, and when it does, the park fence line will be brought in along those new markings and the Oceana gate will be moved...not so much moved as rotated...so that the gate will be at an angle, facing in the direction of Schwabinchen instead of straight towards that long empty space leading to the main midway.

Again, it's pretty mundane, boring stuff. But until the park wants us to know about something exciting, it's all we've got! :)

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

On an added note Dave... I was walking the beach early Sunday morning (about 7am.. don't ask) and I noticed that right behind the stadium.. they have started to tear up some of the walkway back there. Could just be stadard stuff but...

The one section is righ tbehind the tank.. second section is more towards the Giant Wheel, near the employee break area. Could just be standard "This needs to be fixxed" but who knows...

-------------
A barrel of fun...
MF total - 469 laps
VertiGo Launches - 79
June 11th, 2001 - Gemini 100

I think we're starting to get somewhere! ;)

-----------------
Force Laps: 381
VertiGo Shots: 32
6/11/01: Gemini 100

And all this time people doubted me about the location.

Silly rabbit, Trix are for kids!

-----------------
Jeff
Webmaster/GTTP
Watch my grass grow: http://www.sillynonsense.com/subdivision/

Jeff are you saying that Cedar Point's new coaster is going to be a a kiddie coaster, themed to a bunny that can never win a bowl of trix? ;)
(if anyone took that literally, then you need some MAJOR help)

-------------
I'll pack my bags, take my stick, and go home now.

While visiting yesterday we took a park survey. I asked the employee about the ride name survey but he could say nothing of it. He did say Kinzel will announce the new attractions in a few days.

We already knew it was going to be in October but we just have a few more days to wait :)

-------------
MF 00: 16
MF 01: 61
MF Total: 77
Be there through the thick and thin.

Kinzel won't announce anything. Marketing will.

-----------------
Jeff
Webmaster/GTTP
Watch my grass grow: http://www.sillynonsense.com/subdivision/

Very true Jeff. That was just how I was told, but after thinking of it you are correct. The important thing is we only have a few more days.

-------------
MF 00: 16
MF 01: 61
MF Total: 77
Be there through the thick and thin.

*** This post was edited by coast on 10/1/2001. ***

http://www.guidetothepoint.com/thepoint/cpplace/thread.asp?ForumID=1&TopicID=5664  sorry, but I couldn't put the actual link here, but just take a look. :)
ok, it actually worked.
Take a look at what? We already read that thread. It still tells us nothing.
-----------------
DIPPIN DOTS!!!111 THEY ROXOR YUR WORLD!!1!
Fine, fine. :)  I can't tell everything, that's just plain stupid.

Elroy said:
Jeff are you saying that Cedar Point's new coaster is going to be a a kiddie coaster, themed to a bunny that can never win a bowl of trix?
(if anyone took that literally, then you need some MAJOR help)
-------------
I'll pack my bags, take my stick, and go home now.

LOL!

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service