Hints for 2002...

Note: Don't get too excited; it's not all that exciting...

Somewhere along the way, I read or heard or otherwise caught wind of an odd rumor that Ocean Motion (Huss Pirat) would be either removed or relocated for the much-speculated 2002 project.

On Sunday, however, I noted some circumstantial evidence in the form of a fairly elaborate change in the ride's landscaping which suggests that Ocean Motion will be staying put for the near future. The change in the landscaping reflects something that had to be fixed in short order, but if the ride were scheduled for removal, a different fix would certainly have been employed.

Just spreading rumors again...
--Dave Althoff, Jr.

(two letters were missing from the original message)

*** This post was edited by RideMan on 9/12/2001. ***

Dang Dave, your hitting this stuff hard this year ;)

-------------
-Matthew Couts
RCT Recreations:
1.Cedar Point (vote best CP Recreation ever)
2.Kings Island

Haha, exactly what I was going to put Elroy. :)

-----------------
The name's Poochie D. and I rock the telly, I'm half Joe Camel and a third Fonzarelli. I'm the kung-fu hippie, from gansta city, I'm a rappin surfer, you the fool I pity. -Simpsons

Give it a rest already, just wait and see !
-----------------
Raptor Crew 01
Blue Streak Crew 00
Wildcat Crew 99
Vertigo Launches : 4
Vertigo Wipe-outs : 1
Dave, I know exactly what you are talking about.  I was there a few weeks ago and I noticed that they took out the bricks from around that tree and just put fresh mulch all around it.  I was thinking that they wouldn't be moving Ocean Motion if they did this landscaping so late in the season.
They also re-routed the rope fence, installing new fence posts. Something had to be done there; the bricks were in bad shape and were enough of a tripping hazard that the park had erected temporary barriers around the tree. But the new fence and mulch bed are pretty elaborate for a late-season fix, so I think they are permanent.

No, I don't know what is coming in 2002. Nor do I particularly care. I'm as interested as anybody else, but I figure I'll find out soon enough. But in the mean time, it's fun to watch for the signs of what the park has going on. :)

--Dave Althoff, Jr.
Has anyone noticed the 6ft tall concrete posts that line up from Peanuts playground, behind Schwabinchin to Krazy Kars? Maybe to build a wall to keep people away from a construction site???
Really?

-------------
-Matthew Couts
RCT Recreations:
1.Cedar Point (vote best CP Recreation ever)
2.Kings Island

No if you search there's topics about those polls.   They've been there for a while and were never part of a new attraction.
The concrete posts are indeed fence posts. The fence line would seal off the area directly behind Schwabinchen, including the last set of doors on the back side of the Coliseum facing the Peanuts Playground...those doors are already marked "EMERGENCY EXIT ONLY" but they are usually propped open. The fence would eliminate "short cut" access to the main First Aid facility from the Oceana midway...you'd have to either go through the Coliseum from Kiddy Kingdom, or walk all the way around the Peanuts Playground instead of through the space between Schwabinchen and the Gazebo.

Those posts have been there a couple of seasons now.

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

They better not remove Ocean Motion, because I love those types of flat rides. Perhaps they are improving the area that Ocean Motion sits it to make it more presentable and safe for bigger crowds if the next attraction is in that area...
those who don't know...just saying the expected thing. I think I might know...I am full of it tonight.
-----------------
I was the worst ATL in the park 2001
I like the location of Ocean Motion.  It just fits there.  Plus the lake adds to the ride's look.
Those who don't know...? You're talking to Rideman here...he's a fountain of information dealing in several subjects...just maybe not 100% on the 2002 additions and changes.
Hey...I never said I knew what they are planning; I'm merely reporting on actual observations of changes in the park, and connecting those observations to (and occasionally blowing holes in) selected rumors previously reported by others. For instance, the change I noted happens to be on the Oceana midway. That doesn't mean that section of the park is necessarily a target for new construction.

Perhaps I should have titled the thread, "Another 2002 rumor bites the dust."

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

*** This post was edited by RideMan on 9/14/2001. ***

Look for an Intamin ride in 2002 and a big S&S in 2003. 

*** This post was edited by Nemesis on 9/17/2001. ***

If that's true, I would absolutely love to see an intamin sit down looper with hyper/giga coaster trains.  :-) But if a ride comes from Intamin, it would probably end up being a woody which is still good news. :-)
-----------------
http://sapman.homestead.com --- My stupid website
Are you merely speculating/hoping Nemesis, or do you have some concrete information?

It's not like me to get wrapped up in new-addition rumors, but even I'm starting to get ancy...

Elroy took the words right out of my mouth
-----------------
Coasterbuzz name: Same
Home Park: PKI
Never Been To CP but will probably go in 2002
He's just hoping obviously, believing things like that are what start rumors.  I'd like what Nemesis said reversed!

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service