GCI Woodie - 2006/2007?

one less person in line in front of me

**** yeah! My thoughts exactly! I think a big problem for a lot of CP fans is that their main experience with woodies is Mean Streak, which I'm fairly certain was designed and funded by the Chiropractors Union of Earth.

One of the greatest woodies (imo) ever? The Beast!!! Not only is it a long, varied and fast coaster (especially for its time), but it has an AMAZING layout (over 30 acres!) and is completely engulphed in the forest. I have yet to get back to PKI since SoB, but I'm sure its quite a fun woodie as well!

Brandon

Unfortunately, the CUE also heavily funded that ride's construction as well...;)

-Gannon
-B.S. Civil Engineering, Purdue University

Never been on Beast (haven't made it to KI yet) but I know what a good woodie can be, its called Shivering Timbers.

Goodbye MrScott

John

Unfortunately, the CUE also heavily funded that ride's construction as well...
[/image="/images/wink.gif"]

Yeah, most definitely - but the overall experience tops that of MS.

And I (sadly) have yet to ride ST... but soon, I say... soon...

Brandon

I think a smaller woodie would go nicely on the Wicked Twister Midway. I would like to see one made by Gravity Group though, or maybe a remake of the old CP Cyclone. That would go great on the beach.

That is excatly what I was thinking.

The best kind of prize is a SUR-prise.
-Willy Wonka

I'm in favor of a flyer for 06. But I wouldn't mind a woodie next year or in 07.

They would make me and a lot of other people happy if they removed Disaster Transport and put the CP Cyclone in it's place... basicly building it on its original footprint.

-Gannon

They can remove Disaster Transport as long as they ship it up to Muskegon and reassemble it as Avalanche Run.

Goodbye MrScott

John

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Give that Jugga a prize!

MrScott

Mayor, Lighthouse Point

Go ahead, take that 20 year old rusty troughed piece of crap. Good riddance!

-Gannon

With a rebuild and new (either indoor or outdoor) themeing, the ride could be brought to it's former glory. It is in no way a "piece of crap" , CP boundup.

MrScott

Mayor, Lighthouse Point

Rebuilding the cyclone has been a longtime wish for many enthusiasts. Maybe this will be Kinzel's retirement. Replacing the ride he has stated publicly was a mistake with a classic woodie.

If they do ever decide to build a woodie I hope they concentrate on giving guests a world class ride instead of breaking records.

I can not not figure out why so many hat DT. Yes, I agree its current condition is bad. I rode it while it was AR (I liked it better as AR). It is a little tame compared to todays standards, but it still is fun. I like it better that CCMR (the true waste of space IMO), Corkscrew, Iron Dragon (since most of the trees are gone), Gemini, Wildcat (the carnival coaster) and it is tied with Magnum. Just my personal preference though.

DT is unique as are most bobled coasters. Maybe it is just me, but I think relocating (as AR and open) it to were the current theatre is would be great. It track could go over that entrance by Famous Daves.

- Hard works not easy, easy work is hard to find.

If we get a woodie, I can't see it going anywhere else than Frontiertown.

I agree with the location of a woodie in Frontiertown. I also love the idea of them resurrecting the CP Cyclone, that's a great idea.
I've often wondered why a park so old doesn't have any of their old woodies still running, that's kind of sad.

Millennium Force Laps-168
**Vertigo Launches-21**
Dragster Launches-52

I'd love to see a GCI/Gravity Group woodie at CP. I used to love Mean Streak, that is, until I took a trip a few years back which included MIA, Indiana Beach, and Holiday World. 'Nuff said. I experienced what GOOD wooden coasters should feel like, and nothing in Ohio, IMO, save Villain (maintained) and the Beast, can compare to those woodies.

As nice, and as aesthetic looking as it would be to have a coaster out on the beach, I don't think it would be feasible to do so. Waiting for WT is bad enough during early May and during Halloweekends with the cold wind off the lake. That, coupled with the sand that gets thrown around during such a windy day or a speeding train picking up said sand and tossing it, IMO, a miserable location.

I think a woodie, if we ever get another one, should go back in FT, especially if WWL ever gets removed.

This is the best expansion idea that I have heard of in a long time. I have found myself losing interest in Cedar Point after visiting other parks with great wooden twisters. If CP were to put one of these in I would probably go once a week, just like old times. It would also save on gas money by not having to drive to Pensylvania or Indiana for a good ride fix.

BillK said:
I like it better that CCMR (the true waste of space IMO), Corkscrew, Iron Dragon (since most of the trees are gone), Gemini, Wildcat (the carnival coaster) and it is tied with Magnum. Just my personal preference though.

This is just getting silly...

BirdOfPrey got it right. Waiting in line for Wicked Twister along the beach on the second last Saturday of the 2004 season while it's raining and the wind is blowing was absolutely freezing, but heck I loved it! It was so much fun! I'm wierd like that :).

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service