Gas at $3.25,will affect attendance

With gas at $3.25 a gal,will this affect opening weekend attendance.

Gas is 3.25 a gallon?

Ripcord Crew 2002 / MF Crew 2004

Yes,in michigan it is and also in toledo its $3.19,not good.

In San Francisco its $4.35 a gal

Still hanging around $2.85 here in PA.

eat. sleep. ride! - Coaster apparel and accessories!

Ride on, MrScott!

Its $3.00 even here in GL/Cleveland area.

Caitlin

Yea, 2.99 here in Canton. Won't change my CP plans though.

randi <><
Peace Love Hope

It may not affect opening day attendance, but I am sure it will definately take its toll through the year, especially this summer. Who knows how high it will go.

Trip Count 2003: 13 2004: 24 2005: 22 2006: 25 2007: 25

I always seem to come up with gas money to Get to Cedar Point. :)

It's the money for food and games that I won't have.

If gas becomes too high, I'll pack sandwiches and drinks, and go to the parking lot to eat, and not play any games (Sorry Cedar Point).

I prefer to stay in the park and eat though - games are for the kids.

So gas will hurt business in some ways. :(

GATEKEEPER-I came, I rode, I was mildly disappointed; until a second ride (rear left) put GateKeeper back on the...it's a nice ride list.

I had to change my trip from being Michigan's Adventure, Cedar Point, King's Island and Geauga Lake to just Cedar Point and King's Island just because gas is outrageous from now on. No more season pass for me. *** Edited 5/2/2007 5:40:42 PM UTC by ltparkmaster***

-Larry T.
Michigan's Adventure - 2009 - Ride Host - Logger's Run, Sea Dragon, Dodgems
Geauga Lake 1888-2007

$2.91 down here near Ft Lauderdale...and we were thrilled to find that "cheap" gas. They are predicting a national average around $4 by peak summer time.

Ouch.

"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world...but it requires people to make the dreams a reality."

-Walt Disney

Yeah, I would think that the one-two punch of high gas prices and the downtrodden SE MI economy will have a significant impact on CP's attendance. Just ask Mike Illitch.

Brandon

Hmm... Gas is still at 2.99 here in the South Bend/Notre Dame area. Not that I doubt the almighty gas fortune tellers, but the past 2 summers they have said it will hit 4 dollars a gallon nationwide, and while Southern California, Chicago, and NYC always go higher... I've never seen it go past like 3.20 here in South Bend... and it seems it's even cheaper in Sandusky.

To be honest... The gas thing frustrates me, but as long as it stays under 3.50, I'm not complaining... fluxuations of 20-30 cents only end up costing me 12 bucks a month... and come December, I normally make that back when it drops into the 2.00 range. I just hope it never gets out of control.

Ripcord Crew 2002 / MF Crew 2004

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

$3.09 here in Lima.

Let's Get Weird.

Saw $2.89-2.95 for regular here in NH.

2005: CP Group Utility (Garbage Detail)
Coaster Junkie From NH
Working at MHT airport

I might not be an expert on coaster technology, but I have learned a LOT about the gasoline and oil industry.

If you'd like to read my thoughts and blog, visit www.thegasgame.com

I personally am quite certain this (May) is as bad as it will get (less a hurricane or major disaster).

But do check the website- I make no money, its just to help folks learn about gasoline prices.

I've been hearing one thing after another. First about the $4 deal and then, today, that the national average is suppose to be around $2.80+ in summer. I don't know what to think anymore.
As long as I'm not paying over $40 to fill up my tank completely, I'm happy. For now, my friend is just going to have to pay me a little more than $5 for gas whenever we go on our 18 planned trips (which, if I put in $20 each trip, will cost me $360 plus filling up to last untill the next trip).
It's a good thing I have that money saved up otherwise I'd be cutting the trips in half......which I DONT want to do.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

ltparkmaster said:
I had to change my trip from being Michigan's Adventure, Cedar Point, King's Island and Geauga Lake to just Cedar Point and King's Island just because gas is outrageous from now on. No more season pass for me. *** Edited 5/2/2007 5:40:42 PM UTC by ltparkmaster***

Why would you not get the season pass? I have a season pass and am greatful that I only have to think about gas for the trip.

djDaemon said:
Yeah, I would think that the one-two punch of high gas prices and the downtrodden SE MI economy will have a significant impact on CP's attendance. Just ask Mike Illitch.

While SE MI is the worst, unfortunately, even all the way up here in TC, we're feeling the effects of Granholm's wonderful government. Hopefully the Coast Guard gives us a better place in June.

Owner, Gould Photography.

I'm with PBReader, I know that this won't affect how many trips I make to the Point, but it will affect how much money I spend there. Last year I always packed my meals and ate in the parking lot. I didn't play the games and drank water all day. Once in a while I bought a snack. I just can't afford to pay for the tank of gas and all that each time I go. It's not bad eating in the car, except that it gets very hot...and you have to plan your day around getting back to the gate and to the care. It can mean some extra walking. I'm in the Defiance/Toledo area and gas just hit $3.19 today, so I'll do what I can.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service