Everything New for 2023

What is wrong with Giant Wheel today? It is July 4th weekend, it is the new boardwalk, and Giant Wheel is down?

Wait - are you saying GIANT WHEEL FELL DOWN? That is terrible news. How many were killed???

Seriously what is your senseless obsession with rides being down?,

Senseless? Geez. Instead of trying to say I am senseless for asking a question, maybe try to answer the question. The park's premier new sparkling "Boardwalk" is open but they can't keep all the rides there going. That is a legit question.

I guess that depends on one's definition of "legit", but the answer is simple and boring - rides are machines, and machines have failures. These failures get diagnosed, then corrected, after which the ride reopens and the cycle begins anew. This happens to all rides in the ordinary course of operation, so is not cause for alarm, histrionics, or lengthy discussion each and every time it occurs.

Brandon

CoasterHawk:

Senseless? Geez. Instead of trying to say I am senseless for asking a question, maybe try to answer the question.

Your repeated questions are senseless because all you do is ask why "Ride A" is down. With the exception of Fury 325, none of us know why Ride A is down at any given time on any given day. Things happen. A motor burns out, a clutch fails. Who on this site is going to know what has happened. And what does it matter?

In all seriousness, do you really think the park wants things to not be operating?

And further more, my guess is you’re staring at the webcam and you’re not even at the park, meaning it in no way is it affecting your day.
I suppose it’s your right to get yourself worked into a knot over your perception of the park’s failure to their customers, but there’s not much sense it that either.
As pointed out, you surely are aware by now that there are very few users on this site, if any, that can help you with actual answers to these questions. It’s clear that for some reason you’re in the mood to point out problems and flaws in operations when really it shouldn’t be all that big a deal.

Important Update: (please read)

I just looked at the webcam and people are in line for Giant Wheel. The holiday weekend is saved!

Last edited by RCMAC,

Ok just got off Wild Mouse for the first time and have to say that is a surprisingly AWESOME ride. That’ll be a regular for me going forward!

Yeah, it’s a really fun ride. We are at the pavilion right now, and I’m not going near the line it currently has. People are starting to funnel in for the weekend and it’s picking up a bit.

To each their own, the line for Wild Mouse moves faster than one would think. Very smart idea on CP’s part to go with continuous motion with the cars moving through the station.

Also, yes it is a fun & neat ride. It’s always neat trying to see which car you’ll get also.

Jake Padden
13-Tiques/Wave Swinger
12-Camp Snoopy; Tiques/Wave Swinger
11-CP & LE Railroad Platform; Cedar Creek Mine Ride; Tiques/Wave Swinger

Has anyone tried the breakfast offerings at the pavilion yet? If not you should, I got the breakfast sandwich basket; (whatever it’s called), when I was there last time and it was amazing. Plus the best part was getting to eat it outside on the balcony overlooking the park & Lake Erie.

Disclaimer, this is based on personal experience and is in no way shape or form advertising for the park.

Jake Padden
13-Tiques/Wave Swinger
12-Camp Snoopy; Tiques/Wave Swinger
11-CP & LE Railroad Platform; Cedar Creek Mine Ride; Tiques/Wave Swinger

I was there with my daughter a couple of weeks ago so we tried both. They were both good but the chicken/honey/biscuit was the surprise standout. Going in, I expected the ham one to better. Not to suggest that one is bad either because it's very good, just not as a good as the other. Either way, both are great additions and nice uses of the meal plan.

I'm a huge fan of the breakfast options from the pavilion. Breakfast was always something I thought the park could capitalize on, and I'm glad they have come on board. And the cocktails are an added bonus, the tequila sunrise compliments the ham sandwich perfectly.

I'll add another +1 for the ham sandwich. Made a special morning trip just to try it out. The first time this year I've really missed having early entry. The window that breakfast is available is pretty small, and it was busy when I was there. Took a while for them to get through everyone ahead of me.

I'll have to do it again for the chicken.

Adding breakfast is a great move. When we visit it tends to be at park open, and even if food stands were open we're not ready for fried food or whatever quite that early. Having breakfast options will easily separate us from our money.

Brandon

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service