Did anyone witness or hear about the fight in line for maverick on sunday, may 31, 2009 ?

this was much easier than talking to a dozen sleepy cops drinking gatorade from a paper cup, I mean who drinks gatorade from a paper cup!

Last edited by mattmccoy14,

I feel bad for the kid getting beat up, but the emphasize on race disturbs me. You said it was only used as an adjective to describe the assailants, but I highly doubt you would describe them as "white guys" if that were the case.

First rollback=opening weekend '09

WOW, a little hyper aren't we?!? ONE inclusion of the "word" and everyone is going bannanas over it. Most of the negative comments are the ones turning this comment into a race thing. It was described for what it was, nothing more.

Why ride coasters? Becuse there is NOTHING better to do than riding a coaster!

What was wrong with cedar point victim describing the persons race? It is politicly correct saying black. I agree cpcoasterhaven. Everyone just needs to take a breather and not crap themselves over this!

Last edited by coolkid2345,

Pepsi Refresh is saving one coaster at a time: http://pep.si/bTTsfc

Cops EVERYWHERE today. Millennium Force line near the split to the last set of queues, Magnums old fast pass line and 3 or 4 near Maverick (even thought it was down all day).

Good to see a much greater presence and with the amount of kids there today, line jumping was minimal.

coolkid2345 said:
What was wrong with cedar point victim describing the persons race? It is politicly correct saying black. I agree cpcoasterhaven. Everyone just needs to take a breather and not crap themselves over this!

Actually the PC way of saying it would be African American :-) J/K!

Anyways, I hope as a African American (thats just way to long) man the person jumped in line wont sterotype all "black" people into one catergory. Quite honestly, If I was there, I would have helped you- not because of the black white thing, but because I HATE ignorance no matter what color it is. As far as dude describing the people who beat him up, They are what they are. I think that he would have used the same if they were white. Lets not get our panties up in a bunch over color.

I really hope you dont let a few ignorant people discourage you from comming back to Cedarpoint. if you come back, go durring the week. (less black people) :-)

I love Monkeys! I love Monkeys!

MaVeRiCk 'n MaGnUm XL said:
Wow another problem in the Maverick line. That line has issues!

I agree. Everyday I ride Mavvie, I see problems with the line. One too many line jumpers. I understand that there is a single rider line, but wait until you get to the area for the stairs. Mavvie is not going anywhere.

ask me for my facebook.

Gmoney hit the nail on the head. I don't stereotype them all, thats not how I roll. I also agree with cpcoaster haven and coolkid. This blog post had nothing to do with race. It was to get responses and potential videos/pics. It wasn't me that made this seem racial, it was the people that brought it up.

as an objective and pragmatic observer of this episode,i
can understand why CPpolice let the thugs go: an arrest
and conviction would be even worse publicity for CP than
the currant situation

elmerfritz said:

as an objective and pragmatic observer of this episode,i
can understand why CPpolice let the thugs go: an arrest
and conviction would be even worse publicity for CP than
the currant situation

Even So, that doesnt make it right. No one has the right to beat some one up just because they want to be first. reguardless of the of the consequences, the cops should have should have done somthing.... Stuff Like this pisses me off.

I love Monkeys! I love Monkeys!

i agree Gmoney -- just saying CP brass are thinking with
their pocketbook instead of what is moral

ATTN: Coolkid

Actually, those are frowned upon 'round these parts, too.

If you're speaking to the person right above you, or even 2 posts above you, you probably don't have to point it out - unless it's something specific you're replying to.

Ooops e x i t english sorry! i thought you should because some other people do it that way! But I guess either you could just put the name if you really wanted to. :)

Pepsi Refresh is saving one coaster at a time: http://pep.si/bTTsfc

I, personally don't mind them on most occasions, but most of the time they just lead to confusion.

No biggie.

I appreciate all of your comments.

the racial thing is simply getting out of hand. I don't want anyone else to mention it. the only reason I said black, was because at the time it was still soon enough for people to come forward, and that significantly narrowed any effort that was put into looking for them. it was a description of the assaliants, nothing more, and yes I would have put "white guys" if that were the case.

if anyone else feels the need to comment on race, may I ask that you either keep it to yourselves, or shout it in the privacy of your own home.

thank you.

Old thread-old news-whatever. I'm just curious here but what was actually said to the line jumpers? I feel like this question should have probably been asked pages ago. Not to mention has there been any progress made on this case?

I know this is a dead post, but I wanted to add my thoughts anyways, as a former CPPD member.

So lets get this straight ... the fight went on 10-20 minutes (5-10 before the ride op came, 5-10 after that till the police came) and nobody did anything, not saying you're laying, maybe exhaggerating? Your friend took a beating for 10-20 minutes, nobody helped, and he isn't brain dead? When I worked at Cedar Point, we'd hear fight come over the radio, and every cop in a 5 mile radius would be running to get there ASAP, especially on a slow May 31st night.

Anyways, it is typical that they let the guys go. In the state of Ohio, a misdemeanor must take place in the presence of an officer for an arrest to be made. Misdemeanor fighting is not something that they can just arrest the guys for, unless the fight was going on when they got there. Your friend can always press charges himself, but he would need to know the ID's of the suspects. CPPD usually takes the ID's of everyone involved when something like this happens. Your friend needs to go to the police station and request a copy of the report.

That said, Cedar Point actually is pretty good compared to other parks when it comes to line jumping. I was in Six Flags Georgia a few weeks ago, and I think I was the only person NOT cutting in line.

Man I'm 17 and the kids who think they own the place (all nationalities) really make me mad that we can't all just enjoy a nice day at
Cedar Point. I hate how most of my generation acts.

If you want a line jumper to get what he deserves, stay with a goup, or get a group of people who saw it happen together. Confront that person or group of people, but you need more of a large, intimidating group. Don't react with violence, but say something, and if the line jumper doesn't do anything after being told, tell the ride-op, and have plenty of witnesses. I saw this happen effectively while in line for Vortex and Firehawk at KI. The key to catching a line jumper is witnesses.

Dodgem Enthusiast

Student at THE Ohio State University

I still check this, and P-sov, i think you're confused, the argument went on for 10-20 min (through 2/3 of the covered queues for maverick) then the physical fighting went on for about only a minute. it was 5-10 minutes after the fight was ended that someone got a ride-op's attention, it took a few min before the even called security, then it was about 10 min before i saw a security guard. apparently this happens so rarely, and half the time its just people yelling at each other that the guards had no idea what to do. after the first few guards showed up they quickly multiplied into a few dozen, it seemed to me as if they weren't really doing anything though.

I also appreciate that no one has commented on race.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service