Did anyone witness or hear about the fight in line for maverick on sunday, may 31, 2009 ?

my two friends and I were in line for maverick @ about 4:30 5/31/09 when one of my friends said something to several people that were line jumping. At that time approximatly 25 people riped him to the ground by his hair where he was kicked in the face multiple times. It took somewhere from 5-10 min for an employee to get word and help us and and another 10-15 min for the cops to get there. the cops caught 5 of the guys, but for some reason let them go while we were at the first aid station. If anyone has any information that we could give to the police (a video or pictures would be great) please put it in a comment and/or email me at mattmccoy14@yahoo.com, thank you.

Last edited by mattmccoy14,

I did hear about this, but did not witness it.

Ryaи.L мsυ '11 || Cedar ρoıиt Adмıssıoиs 07·09 || Disиey 2010-2011

...and you want video/pictures of your friend getting the s**t knocked out of him, because...?

-Daniel

I would assume it would be for some sort of evidence.

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

I will say that Ive noticed this whole week that the CPPD is out in force in the park a whole lot more then Ive ever seen them, on TTD's platform, Magnum's queue (near close to prevent the cheaters who duck under the queues by the Pretzel Stand,) and randomly on the Trail. Oddly enough, Ive not seen one in the Maverick queue. I think this is a great development, and cuts down on any line jumper, no one is going to give lip or try to pull a move when an armed cop is right there.

ok,i had to re-read the story. they jumped the dude because he mentioned that they line cut? wow. see,this is why cedar point/fair needs to do what sfga does(or at least DID at one time)--dispense tickets for the line "control". if the line dude sees that your number doesnt go in numerical order,that means u cut and out u go! and i cant believe none of the workers saw nothing! that is ridiculous.

fast...Faster...FASTEST!

That's terrible. Let's hope the CP police took good care of the situation.

Speaking of Cedar Point police has anyone else notice a lot more lurking around this year. I have noticed them everywhere.

I saw ems and police at the entrance, that's all. I didn't know that there was a fight, wow.

4 summers of employment in ride operations does stuff to you.

mattmccoy14 said:
At that time approximatly 25 black people

Just gotta ask, why did you feel the need to mention that they were black?

Didn't want to confuse them with the 25 green people that were in the line. Let's not get all hyper sensitive. I was with a black property manager the other day and I asked her if she knew the manager for one of her properties. She described him as "the black fellow".

"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world...but it requires people to make the dreams a reality."

-Walt Disney

Seriously, can we get rid of the stupid "political correctness" crap? Most stupid social concept invented in the last few decades.[/soap box]

I'm really surprised at the fact that we already have two posted accounts of stupid guest violence/rage this early in the season. While the two such incidents may be a "normal" number of incidents, the fact that they've been widely circulated says something to me, as does the apparent reaction of the CPPD. I'm well aware of the economic conditions of the two largest markets, and ethnic population, but it would seem to me that things are starting to really go down the gutter. And my faith in humanity further diminishes...

Blue Streak crew 2007
ATL Matterhorn Tri. 2008
Three things you need to fix anything in the universe: duct tape, WD-40, and a hammer. Duct tape if it moves and it shouldn't, WD-40 if it doesn't move and should, and the hammer as the last resort.

Wow another problem in the Maverick line. That line has issues!

MaVeRiCk AnD MaGnUm-XL200
Higher +
Steeper +
Faster =
The Better!

I've been a passholder for the past 10 years and have made at least 20 trips to CP each year. I'm there at least once a week and have noticed that line-jumping has become more prevelant. Everyone would agree that these inconsiderate YOUTHS should not be tolerated....regardless of their skin color...and be tossed from the park! It has been my observation though, that line jumping by youths of African ancestry is MUCH more common than those of any other ethnicity. Has anyone else made the same observations as I have?

All Lines have problemns to a certain extent. The general public usually only hears about it from other general public. Theres a lot of things that happen at amusment parks that would shock you, but fortunatly for us cedar fair along with other amusment parks are taking the precautions to keep everyone happy and safe.

Screamster 08,09,10,11
Soak city 10,11
Castaway Bay 10,11

** Worst screen name ever**

Have any of you been to kings island this year? I was there a month ago. I would like to say that the line jumping there was way worse than at cedar point. I was waiting in line for fire hawk and a group of about 20 actually walked up to the station without waiting in line. The line op saw them and DID NOTHING! That was crazy!

Also i was in line for Dimondback and it seemed like avery 20 min someone would walk pass us saying they were with the group a head. Its really bad at kings island...

Last edited by MaVeRiCk 'n MaGnUm XL,

MaVeRiCk AnD MaGnUm-XL200
Higher +
Steeper +
Faster =
The Better!

^On Saturday I seen a lot of line jumping from Diamondbacks Main quque to the SRL! Which wasn't even open at the time so these people were sent right back the back of the line! I know this is off topic but Kings Island's policies are a lot less harsh then CP's ex:Loose articles, Line jumping and smoking around the park!

Visual Scan!
First Top Thrill Dragster train of 2011!
Rollbacks: 1st Triple Rollback of 2009!

sorry about that, didn't even notice that I kept that in there, i'll get gid of it. I mentioned "black" because that is what they were and I feel that the attack on my friend was somewhat racialy motivated. (my friends and I = 3 skinny, 15 year old white guys. these guys were 16-20)

and no, the whole reason I wrote this, is because I could have done a better job than the cops that handled this did. there were a few that handeled it very professionaly, but most of them just ran around and eventualy let 5 people that I PERSONALY IDENTIFIED go free, not only that but one cop lied and said that no one would identify who it was. and that is why I need a video, for evidence against the police at CP, for the REAL police.

btw I know that the cp police are real officers, it's just that I have never seen anything done or prevented by them to prove that.

Last edited by mattmccoy14,

This is precicely the reason why many people do nothing to prevent line-jumping; they are scared of a possible retaliation. This is also the reason many people say nothing about people smoking in line; they are scared of retaliation.

And look what happens...at least according to this fellow, 5 are let go?

Promoter of fog.

I think that all new que rails sould have some sort of mesh wire barrier that goes all the way down to the concrete so no one can duck under them anymore. Also the group of teens of course had to show off for one another. I am so sorry that your day was ruined at CP and that these losers got away. It makes me angry. If I were you I would personally send emails to all of the contacts on the Cedar "Fair" website and please let us know of the responses of this. Ovbiously Cedar Point has failed us in letting these people free. I would be curious as to how corporate will handle this. Please keep on keeping us informed. We all know that we can't control others but if CPPD had the chance to at least make an arrest and they didn't, then they have really failed us in my opinion.

Last edited by clevelander,

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service