Demon Drop 1983-2009

I've said this before- and I keep getting blasted.

Kinzel was great during the 80's, 90's and even into the millennium, but as of late, its definitely time for him to go. 2007 was the initial year for his retirement, and unfortunately he decided to stay on...

IMO the theme park industry is beyond gimmicks, this new generation is interactive and has short attention spans.

Disney has seen this and has adapted accordingly. Rides like Toy Story Mania, as well as interactive queue lines allow for excellent guest satisfaction for the entire family. I understand that Cedar Fair does not have a Disney sized budget, but they could begin to atleast show some creativity. (I still believe an interactive, pirate themed water ride would have been a more creative addition than STR)

I still say this- every grandparent I know is not interested in a water ride, maybe trailerpark grandparents, but certainly not the "money-spending" type. They're taking their kids for timeless spins on rides like "The Haunted Mansion" or even Holiday World's "Gobbler Getaway"

but everyone has a different opinion...

ffej man what are your favorite colors and fast food chain? As long as they are not Red Yellow and you hate McDonalds, you will be highly qualified for having fresh ideas.

Visual Scan!
First Top Thrill Dragster train of 2011!
Rollbacks: 1st Triple Rollback of 2009!

I'm holding out that there will be more pictures of Demon Drop coming down.

In Today's on-point blog entry, the top of demon drop came off. Not too much longer and parts of Demon Drop will be shipped away.

Not sure how true it is, but some people over on coasterbuzz say the ride has now been confirmed to be going to dorney park. Somebody has seen pieces of dd at dorney.

If this is true, than I am still scratching my head.

Last edited by crazy horse,

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

It wouldn't be the first time Dorney got rides from CP. The carousel and Road Rally (well the cars at least) both came from the park. Then I remember reading Dorney's sky ride is somewhere rotting away at CP.

They also got Superman from Geauga Lake! What is going on? They are moving rides like someone moving cars in a driveway! The question now is what is going in that area? Why else would they move a ride like DD that still gets riders?

Life is like a rollercoaster! It is full of ups and downs

Hate to turn this into a wishlist, but I'd like to see a SkySwat. ;)

I think a deep fried twinkie/snickers stand would fill the void nicely.

It would be nice to see something that they are currently missing from the park and could be incorperated with halloweekends. A ride such as darkastle in busch gardens would be perfect.

I do not have any favorite colors from a fast food chain.

I believe a very large lemon chill stand would work great in that area. But truthfully I think they are just going to leave it as is. I do think that maybe in the next couple of years there will be a new ride put in there. Im not going to speculate because I have absolutely no clue what can go there. Ill leave that to cp brass.

Firemen never die, they just burn forever in the hearts of the people whose lives they saved

EvilChameleon09 said:
Hate to turn this into a wishlist, but I'd like to see a SkySwat. ;)

I have been on a sky swat, and have no desire to get back on one.

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

Wait for the reaction of the people who live in California who thought they were getting a old ride and were mad about it, but then changed their minds, and were ok about it coming, and now having it taken away from them. Funny. :)

Let's Get Weird.

Obviously no one ever told Demon Drop that it's not good to be out in this kind of weather without his hat on. ;)

http://rollercoasterfreak.com/Demon_Drop_Tribute/2009-10-25.jpg

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

I think they just cant afford new rides, so they are moving around old ones. They are new to that park.

Like when Firehawk went to KI, the general public thought it was a brand new ride.

Dodgem Enthusiast

Student at THE Ohio State University

Firehawk moved because its park closed down. Obviously they can afford new rides. Look at the Intimidator twins on the east coast. Look at STR here. They have money, just not for every park every year.

The general public definately did know it was a used ride. It was in the papers and everything. Everybody knew it was coming from the "sucky park close to Cleveland". Thats what they called it anyways.

Let's Get Weird.

I think they are trying to pay off their debt by moving old rides around. This is good in a way because it gives that old ride a fresh start somewhere else to be appreciated again. It cost less money to take an old ride down and then put it back together rather than buying everything brand new and spending a couple million dollars. Now I know Cedar Point, Kings Dominion, and Carowinds are getting totally brand new while the other parks are getting something small. This is probably they're way of budgeting how much they spend.

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD. said:
Firehawk moved because its park closed down.

It actually moved a year prior to the park closing down. The 2007 Geauga Lake season operated without X-Flight or Steel Venom. Then the park closed.

But do you really think they didn't know back then?

Let's Get Weird.

Whenever I went to KI and talked to people that were not enthusiasts of any kind, they thought it Firehawk was a new ride.

Dodgem Enthusiast

Student at THE Ohio State University

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service