Demon Drop 1983-2009

I wonder when they would let the public know if in fact this rumor is true that Knots passed on demon drop? I hope if it does happen to be confirmed it ends up at Michigan Adventures because I don't think they have a drop ride. I could be wrong though.

Just keep Demon Drop?

I doubt they would keep it. They already have half the ride taken down.

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

They are working on taking the top of it down today. Take a look on the funcoast cam. You can kind of see it from the dragster cam too.

2009 TL Gemini
2008 ATL Gemini
2007 ATL Witches' Wheel/Monster
Da BEARS!

Would love to see Demon Drop at Michigans Adventure,i love this ride and only live an hour away.It would be a great addition to Michigans Adventure.

According to Screamscape, that might happen. I don't have the link on hand, but in today's date, they mention something about demon drop. I know screamscape is not 100% accurate, but they might know something this time.

I can confirm that the LA media has had a field day with this debacle. I was in Anaheim when the news was announced (Visiting an unnamed theme park that isn't known for doing things half-a$$ed like Cedar Fair...) and the Orange County Register and LA Times were both incredulous at the backwards thought process.

Cedar Fair continues to proceed like a bull in a china shop. Knotts is genuinely loved by many in SoCal in a different way than Disney. The chicken restaurant, ghost town area and many of the rides have been beloved for generations and have a deep emotional bond with folks in Southern California, which is why they keep coming back. Then Big Dick and Team Sandusky come in, screw up the theming beyond recognition and destroy the area of the park that people love the most by inserting more third rate, unthemed roller coasters. All to give folks what they really (should) want...a 1980's era intamin freefall!

Cedar fair was taking lumps in the public opinion because this shows just how out of touch they are. Coming soon in the same market, Disney is adding a huge billion dollar expansion to their California Adventure park with a Cars area and thrill ride, Sea World is expanding bigtime and even legoland is spending money to improve their offerings. In other news, Cedar Fair thinks Demon Drop is a good addition.

The funny thing is Kinzel and his team of yes-men honestly don't realize how foolish they look.

"Forgiveness is almost always easier to obtain than permission."

Back in October, Cedar Point even said it was going to Knotts. http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/fun/blog/index.cfm?entry=b0a6af69-...ddf0169d8d

Pepsi Refresh is saving one coaster at a time: http://pep.si/bTTsfc

In my opinion, it's real simple, either a certain park would need Demon Drop or Cedar Point needs it out, and the whole 'if knotts doesn't take it michigan adventrues will' would indicate that it is Cedar Point who needs the ride out. I don't think it's so much that Cedar Fair is trying to push another park into the dumpster as much as they are trying to make use of a ride that is still valuable.

I think the 'why' Cedar Point needs Demon Drop out is the much more interesting part of the equation.

Check out T and T's blog, there's a picture of the removal of the top of the ride.

I'm too sexy for my harness!

If Knott's was my home park, and I had no knowledge of how much fun DD is, I would take this addition as an insult.

Obviously we all differ, but I'm not that big a fan of drop towers to begin with; that said, I have always thought that DD was a better ride experience overall than Power Tower at CP or Drop Tower at KI. It's ruggedness, violence, and the gut-wrenching drop are fantastic.

Promoter of fog.

I wonder if the response would have been different had CF showed any concern toward theme and integration into Knott's. Presumably, a nice illustration showing off the ride reimagined as a mine shaft or whatever would have gotten a better reaction than the picture of the existing ride at CP, with the accompanying verbage stating they had no plans to even repaint the damn thing.

Brandon

That would require some type of investment in the importance of creativity and presentation.

Promoter of fog.

I wonder if Knotts will repaint DD and give it a new name! If they do repaint it, I wonder what color they'll use.....My guess will be Typical Cedar fair colors, like red or yellow!

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

Good lord I can't wait for Dick to retire. There needs to be a new person who gets things..

Let's Get Weird.

What ever happens I am hopefull that DD will get used again! It is a fun ride!!!

Life is like a rollercoaster! It is full of ups and downs

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD. said:
Good lord I can't wait for Dick to retire. There needs to be a new person who gets things..

You got that right. I think Dick needs to stepdown quietly before the shareholders wake-up and throw him out and the company suffers even more. The only thing is that Dick's business habits would only continue up in Sandusky because when he leaves, one of his followers will more than likely fill his spot. I think Cedar Fair needs a new fresh face in the big chair, an executive that knows how to market in troubled times, one that allows thinking and new ideas from employees and one that allows their employees to do their jobs. The whole company is suffering because of poor business handlings in Sandusky.

Last edited by pointperson,

Visual Scan!
First Top Thrill Dragster train of 2011!
Rollbacks: 1st Triple Rollback of 2009!

^ Coulden't agree more.

He was good for the company in the 80's, but they now need somebody with fresh ideas and a new vision for the chain.

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

And maybe somebody with a degree....

Last edited by Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.,

Let's Get Weird.

I would be open for the job. Boy , do I have fresh ideas!!

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service