CoasterMania 2018

I've gotten a few last rides by virtue of my place in line. Passing on multiple rides to deliberately get a last ride? No thanks.

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

Why is it so important to get the last ride of the day? It will still be there in the morning or on your next visit.

It's done so they have the ability to self aggrandize and show they are one of the cool kids.

I got a last ride on Valravn out of pure luck, and I don't brag about it at all. I knew that would be my last ride of the night on a HalloWeekends Saturday and it just happened to be the last ride. Actually TRYING to get the last ride on anything sounds woefully unnecessary.

I understand wanting to get the first/last train of the season and will admit I have done both. But I don't get the first/last train of the day.

I don't get the reasoning for wanting the first and last train for the day/season. It is still the same ride. It's like everyone crowding the boarding area for a flight. You are all going to get there at the same time.

Last edited by Lash,

^ The only time that makes sense is if you actually have something to put in an overhead. There is always a jacka$$ that puts something in sideways, or takes up a ton of room. Otherwise yeah that's silly, same with waiting for a specific train.

^^It's for enthusiasts pickle measuring point. Being able to say you were on the last train of the 2009 season. That's all.

In the dark distant past, last train of the night on the Streak was traditionally employees. Not officially, but, quietly self managed. Out of uniform, of course. It is rumored that some of us left our lap bars unlocked too! 😈

1974: Catering Slave for Interstate United
1975-77: Catering Manager for Cedar Point

Back when I was fat, the lap bar on MS popped open while on the lift. I figured WTF, no airtime, I should be fine. Plus I had a seatbelt. It was added fun due to the (limited) risk.

Hey everyone, I plan to ride Rougarou at least 5 straight times during ERT.

coast said:
Back when I was fat, the lap bar on MS popped open while on the lift. I figured WTF, no airtime, I should be fine. Plus I had a seatbelt. It was added fun due to the (limited) risk.

I call fake news

We got last rides on Valravn a couple years ago when they sold the seats for charity. It was fun, and they gave us free on-ride photos. Having said this, I assume the reason they didn't do it last year was that it wasn't worth the bother, and I would agree. I'm not one who would normally wait for the "last ride", but for a good cause, why not?

^^ Can’t the ride operators see whether or not each lap bar is down?

Last edited by CoasterKyle1121,

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

^The only thing that could have reasonably happened is perhaps the restraint was "in between" ratchets (barely engaged somehow) and popped up one notch. I believe it sometimes happens on old Arrow restraints. Maybe it could happen on a PTC ratchet bar as well? But in that case, the next ratchet will catch it and it shouldn't be an excessively dangerous situation.

CoasterKyle1121 said:
^^ Can’t the ride operators see whether or not each lap bar is down?

Do you mean visually? Or the control panels having a screen saying whether that seat is securely locked or not? If you’re referring to the latter, the answer is no. Almost all of the rides at CP don’t have that feature. Exceptions that come to mind are Skyhawk, maXair, Gatekeeper, and Valravn

GigaG said:
^The only thing that could have reasonably happened is perhaps the restraint was "in between" ratchets (barely engaged somehow) and popped up one notch. I believe it sometimes happens on old Arrow restraints. Maybe it could happen on a PTC ratchet bar as well? But in that case, the next ratchet will catch it and it shouldn't be an excessively dangerous situation.

That’s exactly what happened, but due to my size at the time, it was already at the last notch apparently because when we hit the lift hill, there it opened up.

No fake news. I have no reason to lie.

Coastermania rules, can't wait to put my 18+ hours in.

^PTC ratchet bars should require at least 2-3 notches, but that may not have been enforced at the time.

Do CoasterMania tickets go on sale tonight at midnight?

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service