CoasterMania 2018

But, but, but.... coaster stock.... and doughnuts!

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

T shirts with a list of gripes? Like concert tour shirts? Tell me you’re not serious.
I woulda bounced em.
And I’m secretly happy to hear that the park held to the card carrying club member rule.
Jackasses. See, this is why I don’t go anymore.

RCMAC- I wish I was kidding. It was a pretty large group. Tried to get a discreet pic but couldn’t. Red shirts with white font... Back of the shirt read:
——————————————————————————
(family name) Family’s 28th CoasterMania

“I thought last year was our last CoasterMania?”

Followed by gripes scattered around the shirt, some were about the park & event including donuts, others were about the kids, etc.
I don’t remember what the front of the shirt said.

As for the card & CM ticket folks, they argued with Tony a bit at the gate. Finally he said if the guy who forgot his card could show an email saying he had a valid, paid membership, theybwould take that. But had to have a ticket. No honor system there. So those 2 stormed off, the rest of the group comes through behind us, and I hear someone comment about how heartless Tony is. Now I don’t know Tony personally but my few interactions with him don’t come across as heartless. And it was made very clear you needed admission ticket or pass, CM ticket, and coaster club card. Rules is rules.

Last edited by Shane Denmark,

ROUNDABOUND.

I lost my lunch ticket, When I went to the tent to get a new one, they said I needed to show my CM ticket, which I had already thrown away at that point in the day, so they asked for coaster club card, which I showed them and I also had my lanyard and cruise ticket so they were able to match up the correct lunch time I had. They handled that well and get no gripes from me about that. Even if they said I was SOL, I would've just said oh well and used my meal plan to eat elsewhere in the park.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Shane Denmark said:

And it was made very clear you needed admission ticket or pass, CM ticket, and coaster club card. Rules is rules.

But the rules apply to everyone else but ME, CAUSE I'M SPECIAL!

My only hitch with CoasterMania was that they ran out of large t-shirts just as I approached the tent. And we weren't toward the end of the line, either. I played it safe and went with the XL, which after washing, actually doesn't look bad on me (normally they'd be way too long). Such things were a regular occurrence at past events, which made sense because admission was free and they didn't necessarily know how many would show up. But this event sold out months in advance and asked for our shirt size. Why wouldn't they have the right number?

Now before anyone lumps me in with the entitlement crowd, let me say it wasn't a big deal, no one in our group griped about it at 100 decibels, we didn't rip up our shirts and throw the shards in Tony's face. Maybe it was something as simple as an intern mixing up the L and XL quantities when ordering. I just thought it was odd, is all.

The day overall was a good time, I'm glad the rain mostly held off, and I don't regret choosing this over HoliWood Nights for one year. I got plenty of turns on Steel Vengeance and other big coasters, so I got that out of my system for a while. But as always, the friends I get to share the day with is what really makes it.

I am not extremely familiar with how coaster clubs work but perhaps a little self policing by the clubs is in order. Perhaps if the clubs’s leadership is made aware of specific members behavior and they continue to have them as members the park should rethink inviting that those clubs. That t-shirt thing is way over the top. And doughnuts? Seriously?

Shane Denmark said:

RCMAC- I wish I was kidding. It was a pretty large group. Tried to get a discreet pic but couldn’t. Red shirts with white font... Back of the shirt read:
(family name) Family’s 28th CoasterMania

“I thought last year was our last CoasterMania?”

Followed by gripes scattered around the shirt, some were about the park & event including donuts, others were about the kids, etc.

The park should have flagged those shirts as inappropriate and not allowed them in wearing them, but to people like that it would've justified their obnoxiousness in their minds.

birdman said:

But this event sold out months in advance and asked for our shirt size. Why wouldn't they have the right number?

They did have enough Large shirts, but from the sound of it, one (or multiple) boxes were misplaced, and they found them in the afternoon. Tony told everyone in our lunch hour that if we wanted to exchange our shirts for a Large we could do it at Guest Services.

Overall I thought Coastermania was fantastic. The park busted their asses this week on Steel Vengeance, and having 2-train operation was great. I got 5 rides on it this weekend in total, which was way more than I expected. The lunch was good, weather was great, and the ERT sessions were both really strong. Thanks for a wonderful weekend, Cedar Point.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

The people wearing those shirts should have been ejected from the event.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

^^ Darn, we were in the 11:00 lunch slot so maybe they hadn't found them yet. Oh well, like I said, my XL is workable enough. Thanks for the info!

And of course, how could I forget to commend the park and RMC for whatever they did to get 2 trains running on SV literally the morning of (as in, well after midnight)! When I went to bed early Thursday night I was expecting 80% chance of rain and at most one ride on SV, so a total of 5 laps was quite the bonus.

When I was getting my shirt (around 7:15am) they paused the line for a few minutes, this prompted the “never goes smoothly” gripes. A golf cart showed up with several more boxes of shirts. Guessing these were the shirts in question.

I was at the noon lunch and didn’t hear anything about swapping shirts, either. Not that I would even remotely fit in a large shirt...

Thabto- I’m curious how they matched you up with your lunch ticket? I figured they just handed out 11am tickets till they were gone then started the noon tickets. Same with the cruise tickets.

The t-shirt crew were adults and kids. Glad to see they are teaching the kids how to be an enthusiass at an early age.

ROUNDABOUND.

Depending on what the shirts said, people have the right to free speech in this country.

I did not see them, so I cannot comment.

Maybe the person arguing with Tony Clark about the CM tickets and club membership was the same person arguing with Tony about toilets in front of Maverick at 11:00 P.M. during the 2017 Coaster Mania.

Just Coasting said:

Depending on what the shirts said, people have the right to free speech in this country.

I did not see them, so I cannot comment.

While I often need to defend a person's right to say whatever the heck they want, those people also need to be aware that there may be consequences for expressing themselves on private property, or while at work (as a representative of the business.)

Maverick since '99

They still have a right to free speech, it is the one of the most important rights in the United States.

I wish someone would have gotten an image of the shirt, it would have been a great debate topic.

I am surprised I did not notice it.

We also have private property rights as well, and your right to free speech ends on that property line. The park has every right to deem speech, attire or actions as offensive and deny entry or service.

XS NightClub said:
But, but, but.... coaster stock.... and doughnuts!

Don't forget about Orange juice!

Again, we would need to see the exact nomenclature that was written on the shirts.

The probable reason they were not ejected from the park is because is was not offensive and they have their right to free speech.

For fear of this turning into Drone Morality 2.0, I simply don’t care what they had on, just shows what kind of jerks they are.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service