CoasterMania 2015

Couple of the forecast I seen said drenching rains but I hope your right Thabto.

I have a question my husband and I both registered separately for coaster mania but he never joined a coaster club so can he be my guest or should I just get him a membership? And I don't have a card will showing it on my phone that I am a active member work to get in?

What's Life If You Never Get To The POINT?...see yall in line!

Yes, he can be your guest, and provided they can validate your membership via your phone, it shouldn't be an issue.

Read the FAQ: https://www.cedarpoint.com/plan-a-visit/coastermania

Brandon

Guests were supposed to be registered with the club member. You may want to reach out to the park and let them know that he is really your guest and ask if that will pose any problems at registration.

This is my first CoasterMania, just curious on average how many people are there for the event?

Top 5: (1) Superman the Ride (2) Millennium Force (3) Maverick (4) Leviathan (5) Diamondback

Not sure on the numbers but my first Coastermania was last year and trust me the ERT you will get a ton of rides in.....well worth it!!

It's been a few years since I've been able to attend CoasterMania, but I'm hoping to do so tomorrow. Does anyone know if check-in runs the better part of the morning? Unfortunately, it is unlikely that my group and I will be able to get there until between 9-10am, but we'd like to be able to enjoy the activities scheduled during the rest of the day (i.e. lunch, evening ERT).

(And yes, I did register us before the deadline.)

Last edited by Western Cruiser,

I'm counting on registration running throughout most of the day. I won't be able to show up till 7pm ish due to work. Hard to beat the 1030pm to 1230am ERT's. I'm pretty sure the ticket booths run the same hours as the park. Not sure though..

Will live coverage be a thing for this years CoasterMania. Unfortunately can't make it due to work project, but would love to see how the day goes for y'all. Have a blast, marathon the **** out of some rides!

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

Check in goes on all day. You must be pre registered. Until 12 check in at the ticket booth. After noon go to guest services.

thedevariouseffect said:

Will live coverage be a thing for this years CoasterMania.

Unfortunately, no. I had a schedule conflict and wasn't able to make it out today. Jeff will be on hand for Coasting for Kids, but I'm not sure if he has any plans to live blog.

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

Where there any announcements during lunch? We showed up at the 1 PM seating and got a keychain and no one seems to be here anymore.

There was only a 11 & 12pm seating. That could be why.

Only announcements were:

1. Brining back a video & picture contest next year.
2. Bringing back the boat ride around the point. Not sure if a boat yet.
3. Question/answer session with a panel of Cedar Point/Cedar Fair representatives.
4. Jason McClure needs a new joke book. 😀

Seems like there was another but slipped my mind. Nothing as far as future plans.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

Thank you for responding! And yes we had a 1pm seating time, it was 1-2 :(

We were given timed tickets for 1:00-2:00 as well. We were wondering about when/if we would hear any announcements.

Was the key chain the only giveaway? I recall hats and sweatshirts in other years.

"Thank the Phoenicians!"

Our friends received backpacks with items in it at the 11 am session and entered a contest to win a mantis sign. I'm bummed because we registered well in advance and they ran out of the garb. I won't be participating next year :( it's probably worth it for the ERT but we are pass holders so enjoy that during the season anyhow.

We registered and everything too. We're a little bummed about missing the drawing and announcements but otherwise the weather has been great and the ERT tonight should be fun.

"Thank the Phoenicians!"

My family of four got the last three backpacks towards the end of the line of the 12-1pm lunch. Yes, I'm THAT guy. After that they switched to Rougarou hats (making us the only family to receive both Coastermania and Rougarou hats).

CP definitely scaled the event back this year, but as always, I'm grateful for whatever we get.

And as per usual, I heard lots of coaster idiots complaining that we got "less stuff" or "worse food" than last year. I wish CP would charge for this event like a lot of other parks, to eliminate some of these types of people

That type of behavior is precisely why I don't go anymore. I'll catch the rides another time, on a nice, slow day.

Tony says on Twitter that TTD is not going to be open tonight. MF instead from 10:30-11:30.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service