CoasterMania 2015

Yep thats it. The hive markings were what was throwing me. Suppose it will come with the seagull droppings still attached? LOL

The banner from Winter Chill Out still had spider egg sacs galore, so I vote yes.

That doesn't seem like the Mantis sign despite the obvious similarities. The seatback, for one, is inclined in his pic but upright on the Mantis sign. There are other differences, too.

It may be hard to believe, but signs can and do go through changes. Sometimes, the graphic has to change to highlight new rules or new illustrations.

If it looks like a Mantis sign and quacks like a Mantis sign.....then it's a Mantis sign.

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Or, perhaps that graphical style is used on multiple rides and it may not be Mantis in Tony's photo.

Quack.

or Tony's picture was taken at a slight angle...

Compare them side-by-side, they are definitely the same photo - one is taken at an angle. Compare the honeycomb design and orientation.

Edit: Also, did you read the blog? It says they are giving away things they don't need anymore -- and the Mantis sign is 100% something they don't need.

Last edited by e x i t english,

Yeah, look at them side by side. They are absolutely not photos of the same thing. The line behind the head tapers in one and is straight in the other.

Does it really matter at this point what dang angle the headback is at? Same graphic or not, it's a Mantis sign.

Confirmed: Mantis' trains are returning in 2016 on Valravn with a slightly different seat-back angle for the worlds first stand-up dive coaster.

Last edited by Josh M.,

Ripcord Crew 2002 / MF Crew 2004

TTD 120mph said:
Does it really matter at this point what dang angle the headback is at? Same graphic or not, it's a Mantis sign.

Seeing as it's not the same sign, yeah it does. The question now is whether it's a different Mantis sign or a sign from some other ride.

Ohh... wait... what if it's the never-used sign from Banshee, (or TCFKAB, for Dave)?? That's a sign they REALLY don't need anymore...

^^You don't know that. It could be the same sign plate as in the picture that Josh posted but with a newer graphic. The question here isn't whether it's a different Mantis sign or a sign from some other ride, it's why the hell does it matter if it isn't one of the safety signs they used for Mantis? Do you have an oddly specific grudge against signs that change the angle of the headback in the art? They might have therapy sessions for that.

Might be something you want to look into it.

^ In which case it would fall under the "it's a different Mantis sign or a sign from some other ride" category.

Unlike you, I have an oddly specific grudge against incorrect information. I suppose we'll find out Friday what the deal is, but feel free to let your freak flag continue to fly.

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

Scottyf said:
Unlike you, I have an oddly specific grudge against incorrect information. I suppose we'll find out Friday what the deal is, but feel free to let your freak flag continue to fly.

Are you sure it's not your flag? ;)

And you definitely misjudge me. I too have a distaste for incorrect information. Usually it's with information that matters though. Information that could affect my health. Not the slightly different positions of piece of art. Oh well, different headrest positions for different folks I suppose.

Corkscrew, Power Tower, Magnum, & Monster/ Witches Wheel Crew 2011

I'm not surprised one bit, honestly.

I'm more worried about the weather this weekend again for Coaster Mania... Sunday looks like it could be a repeat of last Sunday. I sure hope not.

Um, the forecast for Sunday in Sandusky is partly cloudy and a high of 84. That's nothing even close to what last Sunday was.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service