CoasterMania! 2010

I've only been to a few events, but I've been carded each time. I certainly wouldn't count on not getting carded, especially for late-night ERT.

Brandon

I guess the other question got sort of lost in the debate. Has a new coaster ever been announced at CP's coastermaina? Would he, maybe, talk about or announce a coaster for a different park at this "presentation"?

I don't think it has ever happened, nor do I think it will unless it was a CP ride (which is unlikely). The manufacturer does not do announcements, that's up to the PR department of the respective park. I think whoever is getting the new ride would be pretty ticked if Walter spilled the beans.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Even if a new ride were announced at CM (and that likely won't happen), the info would be on here within minutes, I'm sure.

Brandon

In terms of announcements, I think the best you could hope for would be him announcing a new ride type/design. But even then, I doubt that CoasterMania! would be the first place we would hear something like that either.

I enjoyed listening to Ron Toomer last year. I look forward to seeing and listening to Walter this year.

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

Ask him why his counterpart is so shy with being in the public eye? If it's because of his English being poor, speak in German and just have a translator!

This will be my first year going as well, unfortunately my husband won't be able to make it on Friday and isn't sure on Saturday. If you can bring a different person with you each day, I'm more than willing to let somebody who isn't a coaster club member, join me on Friday as my extra person.

Season Pass holder since 2006
I <3 HalloWeekends!

I don't see why you couldn't.

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

Looking very likely I will be there this year. I've got a GOCC membership but no guest at this time.

Unfortunatley I'll have to miss the best event of the year because my graduation commencements are on that Saturday and my mom wont let me skip it.

bholcomb said:
Looking very likely I will be there this year. I've got a GOCC membership but no guest at this time.

Can I ask how things look in terms of making it on Millie or TTD?

You mean in terms of their operation? Because I cant see why they wouldnt be running unless we get hit by an unfortunate bout of bad weather or downtime.

Steve, tell here there's FAR more important things in life than graduation. ;)

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but any word on how the behind-the-scenes tours will work? Will we be guided through in groups at specific times or will there be set areas we can walk around at our own pace throughout the hour?

"Thank the Phoenicians!"

It might be a fist come first serve kind of deal. If that's the case, I'm sure they'll let us know upon registration (like it'll say "First come first serve" on the ID tag or something).

ALSO, who ever reads this should really try and make it to the film festival on friday if they want to get a good laugh. I think, if my film get's picked for the final judging, you'll all enjoy it. Even if I don't win, I just hope it gets shown. We shall see though. :D

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

tigellinus said:

Can I ask how things look in terms of making it on Millie or TTD?

Not sure if that's a pot shot at me or what, but I probably won't be riding either ride as I have no desire to.

Looking at the weather forecast CM this year may be a bit damp. I dont recall seeing rain during a CM since like 2001. Of course I could be wrong but thats the last one I remember. It sucked! :(

I guess I will be sure to pack my employee rain gear and my hubby's rain coat too! Rain or not, Im not missing my 12th CoasterMania! :)

Jo
Lifetime Raptor flights: 2175 :)

It's all about getting around the barrels, or over the fences, right leads, no faults, fastest time and looking pretty when done. What's so hard about that?

I believe there was rain at CoasterMania '08 during night but only for a couple minutes.

I will also be going to CoasterMania solo.

Terror Island Screamster 08', 09', 10', 11'

Well if anyone going solo Friday, would like a young enthusiast as their guest, please respond and I will PM you...

Last edited by pointperson,

Visual Scan!
First Top Thrill Dragster train of 2011!
Rollbacks: 1st Triple Rollback of 2009!

The weather doesn't look THAT bad for CoasterMania! The storms are expected to pound today and tomorrow, then die out.

The rumor about B&M being involved in some big announcement during CoasterMania! is running around the web quite a bit now...here's to hoping we at least get a big hint during CoasterMania (whether it involves B&M or not).

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service