Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

Are they announcing something today?

The 2011 attraction has not been announced.

Whether Cedar Point's website is up or down has nothing to do with the 2011 attraction. If you wonder if it's down for everyone or just you, there's a website for that:

http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/cedarpoint.com

We really don't need any more posts discussing the ins and outs of website availability.

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

They supposedly "opened the giant present" today, but I (and apparently everyone else on pointbuzz) don't know what it was. (((?)))

And to those with internet problems, cedarpoint.com still displays Dale Earnhardt and On-Point still displays "Etch A Coaster." "Point Poll, webcams, and Extra Point" are still the same.

Last edited by !,

My guess - Stratosoar=Intamin(NOT intaride) flyer prototype

I figured out it was just cookies! xD

^^Intamin and IntaRide LLC are both the same things.IntaRide is the American division of Intamin AG. That is why all Intamin rides in the US that have been made within the last 5-7 years have been manufactured by IntaRide LLC not Intamin AG.

^^^Actually if you have read the thread, it was just cookies in the big box along with a big birthday card (what was officially reported yesterday)

Last edited by coolkid2345,

Pepsi Refresh is saving one coaster at a time: http://pep.si/bTTsfc

What are you talking about Cpmiker? What do you mean by the "what you hear" comment?

All that Walt said was that the 2011 attraction has not been announced.

And Cedar Point's website has been working fine for me, all day.

Watch out Walt he is attacking you with an overkill of commas.

I just got off the phone with my cable company and Cedar Point has been updating it's site and changed it's IPO numbers and is contacting different servers if this makes sense to you.

So let me get this straight. There was a big box of cookies and a card? This is the biggest clue ever!!! I bet everyone had to sign the card for snoopy. That in turn is the sign up sheet for the first riders to toss their cookies on the new ride!! BRILLIANT!!!, simply brilliant!!

Okay, so the website has been working fine for me all day like even when people were having troubles. But now, I can't get on it.

-Mike

Yes, it was a big box of chocolate chip cookies. My 4 year old enjoyed his immensely, judging by the amount of chocolate that ended up on his shirt. I honestly didn't figure this would be the announcement. There have been some posts that it would probably coincide with the season pass release for next season, which would make sense to me. Besides, it isn't mid-August yet :)

Well now perhaps we will find out when Dale JR comes to CP. And maybe we will end up with a B&M coaster of some type.....yeah wishful thinking but didn't he help with the announcement at CW or KD last year? And CWs coaster is B&M,just have to wait and see i guess....

I'm still leaning in the Star Flyer direction. Not what I would personally like to see go in, but hey, maybe 2012. Ocean Motion and Chaos are up for sale, no indication of anything in the old DD spot, other than grass, and all the construction markings are limitied to that small area around OM and the beach. I think we're probably goint to see the stadium disappear as well, but I'm just tossing darts there :) If it were to be a coaster, I think we'd have started seeing a lot more on the layout side and the hype side by now.

Last edited by Chase Gilbert,

I think if Cedar Point gets a Intimidator coaster like CW and KD did, I would think it would be a different company, like Vekoma. Thats just my opinion though.

Chase Gilbert said:
Ocean Motion and Chaos are up for sale

I thought Chaos being for sale was a rumor...

Ride on, my friends!
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/TopThrillCedarPoint

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

No it was confirmed by the park. I don't have the thread that it is in, but its been confirmed.

Let's Get Weird.

^^Yes, Chaos was confirmed about the same time Ocean Motion was but a year earlier.

Pepsi Refresh is saving one coaster at a time: http://pep.si/bTTsfc

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

I wish they would hurry up and announce this ride. The hyping and disscusions aren't as fun this year.

Let's Get Weird.

Kyle2154 said:
It's funny there was all of the assurance from individuals that the high pop prices were gonna bite them and take their toll on Cedar Point. But when the results come out it may or may not be because of Cedar Point?

You are completely misrepresenting the argument, and you know it. No one claimed that by X quarter of year 2XXX there was going to be a noticeable change of X, or anything even remotely close to that.

What was said was that many of CF's business decisions - from concession pricing to employee treatment to their buyout, and so on - had/have the potential to do long-term financial harm to the company.

But whatever. If distorting an opposing view or opinion in order to "win" an argument brings you joy...

I watched people harp on all kinds of crap in the offseason and early season, how bad the park is for raisings prices on this or that, then when positive, real positive, numbers come out, we just discredit them.

First of all, it's one quarter. Secondly, you're touting percentage improvements over last season, which, by all accounts, was not a banner year. If you stood up in the boardroom to champion these improvements, you'd likely be laughed at.

Are the numbers an improvement? Clearly. But so what? The Cleveland Indians have so far improved over their '09 winning percentage by over 2%, and they still suck. ;)

All that said, there are some very good signs in the report. In addition to the referenced attendance gains, most trip reports seem to indicate, anecdotally at least, that attendance has improved over last year. That's great news. The overall economy seems to be bottoming out, and perhaps we're seeing the beginning stages of a resurgence.

On the flip side, per-cap continues to fall. I'm no expert, but it would seem to me that if my guests were spending less and less in my parks each year, something ain't right with what I'm offering. That problem seems even worse if attendance is indeed on the rise, as it indicates that the parks are entertaining more people, but at a lower rate per person.

Last edited by djDaemon,

Brandon

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service