Cedar Point's 2011 ride will target thrill seekers

Somewhat related to topic: i've seen several posts about DD being moved because it was the right time for Knott's to accept it...i was on the Dorney site and they have DD, not Knott's. Am i mistaken?

Correct. It was originally slated, and announced, that it would go to Knott's.

I don't remember if it was a fan backlask about Knott's getting a hand-me-down or if something else changed their mind, but it ended up going to Dorney.

Goodbye MrScott

John

I have been to the park maybe 20 times this year and even though i try and go when attendance should be low...it is packed. i view the dragster cam everyday and it seems like the parking lot is 90% full...everyday. I think attendance is very healthy at CP this year, much more so than last year. And as for the "Crown Jewel" comment...it's pretty simple..it was the first park in their chain and it has the most "est" type coasters/rides.

Thanks, just checking..

Wasn't Cedar Fair a merging of VallyFair and Cedar Point? If this is true then Cedar Point wasn't the first.

windixie06

For the last couple pages, there has been no mention of the new ride. Can we PLEASE get back on topic. Do you think that the new ride could have a dino"soar" theme to it? Man, that would be fabulous!! They could take the props from the closing prehistoric forest!!

I would think that even though Valley Fair and Cedar Point merged...Cedar Point was the big brother and would get top billing....that's why it isn't Valley Point. Just a thought.

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

If it does turn out to be a Starflyer, does anybody have a guess to what the color scheme will be? Also does anybody have a guess about what is going to be on top of the structure? I have heard a few people say they think a giant Snoopy head will top it off.

I think Cedar Point will keep close to their favorite colors, and it will have a bright red color along with white and yellow. I don't like those colors at all, I'm just guessing thats what CP will stick with.

On top I can see a big "CP" in old fashion fancy font.

Anyone else wanna place their bets?

Let's Get Weird.

I think it be cool to some orange, and teal. Or dark blue on the top fading down into a white near the bottom. I like your idea Zach, big letters would look pretty cool.

But knowing Cedar Fair I wouldn't be too suprised if it was another McDonald's ride. If that's the case we should have a giant McDonald's logo and burger up ontop.

Visual Scan!
First Top Thrill Dragster train of 2011!
Rollbacks: 1st Triple Rollback of 2009!

We-o-we-oooo said:

AmazingMaverick(: said:

jwalk03 said:
GL added an island into a pond. CP is surrounded by Lake Erie! Adding land to Lake Erie would be a WHOLE different ball game! Is it impossible? Probably not. Is it going to happen? Probably not!

Yes i am aware CP is surrounded by Lake Erie. And they could build it over years. Yes it would take awhile to build the island but its still possible.

It's 'possible' for them to do a lot of things. That doesn’t make wildly expensive/impractical ideas sound any less moronic (at least to those of us that aren't basing forum contributions on our experiences playing Roller Coaster Tycoon). Land reclamation isn't a matter of throwing dirt into the water; aside from the cost, all it takes is one objection from the EPA or the Coast Guard to cancel the entire project.

I do not play roller coaster tycoon. And yes i know it isnt a matter of throwing dirt in there. it was just a thought.

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD. said:
If it does turn out to be a Starflyer, does anybody have a guess to what the color scheme will be? Also does anybody have a guess about what is going to be on top of the structure? I have heard a few people say they think a giant Snoopy head will top it off.

I think Cedar Point will keep close to their favorite colors, and it will have a bright red color along with white and yellow. I don't like those colors at all, I'm just guessing thats what CP will stick with.

On top I can see a big "CP" in old fashion fancy font.

Anyone else wanna place their bets?

I'm not so sure it will be a Starflyer. But I could be wrong; and I'm very open to the idea. A Starflyer would be fun- not that I can talk, I've never been on one.

I'm glad you brought up the colors. Cedar Point actually pays a lot of attention to colors. They use a lot of primary colors (red, yellow & blue) and white: a (good) neutral color.

For example:
The TTDragster uses red and yellow: bright intensity, attention getting
Millennium Force uses a vast, smooth, open, watery blue and silver (white).
Maverick and Magnum are red: also very bold and attention getting

So my point, they use a lot of primary colors (red yellow & blue) that corresponds with the individual ride. And yeah, they use white too because you can use a lot of that color without distraction or getting in the way.

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

I really hope its not McDonalds colors again though. Orange is my choice.

Let's Get Weird.

"We're opening the BIG present at Planet Snoopy this Sunday at 2 p.m. for Snoopy's birthday! Be there - or be - square!"-Cedar Point TweetDeck.

Not really big news but I thought I would post it.

Pepsi Refresh is saving one coaster at a time: http://pep.si/bTTsfc

The present in Planet Snoopy is NOT for the 2011 announcement.

From the FunTimes newsletter:

There's a giant present at Planet Snoopy - and we're going to open it on Sunday at 2 p.m. (hint - there's a surprise inside for the little ones while supplies last). Plus, kids can sign our giant birthday card!

Last edited by RideWarrior18,

^Or that is just what they would want you to think.... ;)

^Or that is what you think they would want you to think. :)

Last edited by Captain Hawkeye,

This Isn't A Hospital--It's An Insane Asylum!

I hope the color scheme will be and orange almost like the background of the page and then maybe a dark blue that fades into light blue towards the bottom and at the top theyd have a big CP in the old west maverick kinda letters but i am totally against the whole starflyer idea it would be semi popular at the begining of the season but over the next couple years it would be a big bust and no one will ride it

I am really hoping cedar Point adds a GCI wooden coaster! we really need a good woodie mean streak is too painful and blue streak is small and old. a good wooden coaster over on the beach would be the perfect attraction

! said:
Maverick and Magnum are red: also very bold and attention getting

Ahem, Magnum is Moly Orange.

RideWarrior18 said:
The present in Planet Snoopy is NOT for the 2011 announcement.

I'm really not so sure about that. Cedar Point has referenced todays present as "the big" present 3 times now (twice via twitter, once via facebook). Doesn't sound like a box full of buttons and keychains if you ask me.

I don't know if I'm the only one or not, but I cannot log into Cedar Point website right now. Do you think Tony & Tyler have it locked right now so they can announce what's in the box?

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service