Cedar Point Dethroned: Golden Ticket Awards 2014!

He said Mantis will be giving its last rides ever on Oct. 19th. That neither proves nor disproves the removal of the ride structure itself.

I was thinking about the same thing when I first saw the video. The fact that he was hesitating (like he was looking for the right words to use) when asked about Mantis staying or going made me winder-- But you're right, that doesn't really prove nor disprove anything.

IMO, what's more of a giveaway is that they're saying "Mantis get's squished" (as if they were purposely sounding "un-remorseful" about its departure) whereas Wildcat, Disaster Transport, and Space Spiral had a more sympathetic approach to telling the public, like saying things like...

DT, SS, Wildcat: There comes a time when rides reach their useful lives....etc.
Mantis: Mantis get's Squished!!! It's going away forever!!!

I don't think anyone had any sympathy for the removal of DT.

The way I see it, the park is being very careful to say one way or the other whether Mantis is simply staying and being renovated or will be removed from the park. This is likely a simple marketing matter where they are not ready to come public with their plans yet, and to build suspense/hype. The result is that people are speculating, talking about Cedar Point, a la this thread. Not sure that it means anything other than that. They just can't say anything until the plans call for it. :)

Of course it is part of their plan to say just the right words as to not give anything away. I agree that saying goodbye is never easy, but this time it is... Mantis gets sqaushed etc... could mean that it is easy this time as the ride is not going away completely. Same thing in regards to getting squished, no big deal as it will still be around in some form so no need for them to be remorseful.

However, I can also see it meaning that after we all see what they have planned, and get a chance to be introduced to the new ride - no one will care that Mantis is gone because the replacement is so much better.

I think that we all hear, see, and pick and choose what they have said to back up what we feel will happen to Mantis. In the end, as stated above, it promotes discussion, buzz etc... around the park - which is exactly what they want.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service