Cedar Point 2013

Yea that's my nolimits creation. It was just for fun. :)

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

I think the name Gullrider would be very fitting. It evokes both the flying theme and the Lake. And I've always thought wingriders were reminiscent of sea gulls in flight. So except for the obvious poop jokes, I think it would be very appropriate.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

Very cool TTD 120mph, that's maybe not too far off of what we may see, who knows. Is that a twist over the front gate? That's what I'm hoping for :)

Yes it is. :)

I like that idea Ensign. Incoporate the name with the seagulls!

CoasterKid20 said:
Really? Would they not?

Let's see...
"WindSeeker"
"Thunderhawk"
"Dominator"
"Backlot Stunt Coaster"
"Power Tower"
"Grizzly"
"Flight Deck"
"Corkscrew"
"Mad Mouse"
"Intimidator" (though one has 305 added to the end of it)
"Woodstock's Express"
"Vortex"
There are numerous shows that have the same names (and are the same show).
"Luminosity" will eventually end up at other parks as well and then you have areas that are named the same at a few parks-"Dinosaurs Alive!", "Camp Snoopy", "Planet Snoopy" etc...
...I'm sure there are many more. All these names, are names used at two or more Cedar Fair parks as names for attractions. Sure some were old Paramount Park Rides (or were named those under Paramount), but they didn't have to name them all the same names afterwards.

Cedar Fair is a chain and they don't mind using names at the same time (the name would already be trademarked after all). Two WindSeekers opened up close to eachother (in the same state in the same year) another coaster named Leviathan wouldn't confuse people (but I hope it's not named that). And what makes you think Cedar Point would never do that?

But none of those are world class rides. They would never do that. Especially for a ride at Cedar Point that offer completely different experiences. Like I said, Leviathan is a world class ride. None of those are world class rides besides Intimidator.

Last edited by Maverick00,

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

Since when is Woodstock's Express not world class? ;)

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

Do you guys think it will have the twisted loop drop like XFlight or have a normal drop
Ike Wild Eagle?

Let's Get Weird.

Twisted. Cedar Point has nothing like that.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

Except the ride that shares a similar use of the word "twist" and would be very close to the new ride. ;)

Personally I think it will be a traditional type drop since it is going to be 170 ft according to Sandusky Register, but either way I'll be happy, I love traditional drops better but one like that would be different and I wouldn't mind it at all I don't think. I'm also hoping for a zero-g roll as the one on Wild Eagle looks awesome when it goes through that, and just different elements than what CP already has I'm hoping for.

Maverick00 said:
Twisted. Cedar Point has nothing like that.

While I am hoping that it's a twisted drop, you're logic of saying it WILL be one because Cedar Point has nothing like that makes no sense to me. I'm praying it's a twisted drop because I feel its a great element on a wing.

There's a lot of traditional drops in the park you know ;)

Though the rendering is most likely not even close to the elements that this coaster will have, it represents a likely layout through the front of the park for a new coaster.

Blue people fly sideways when it rains

Most likely? I would have to say it's going to be nowhere close. I just made that for fun based on the supposed leaked layout from the Register. Please don't hold my creation to any kind of truth. :)

Also, Daniel T..........how'd you get that off my page?

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

If it's a winged coaster... and we have Raptor nearby, and Dinosaurs roaming the grounds, I would like to see the name "Terror-dactyl" http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Pterodactyl&id=FF56A3AD0163F530...ORM=IQFRBA

^The only problem with that name is will it still make sense to people in a few years when the dinos are gone?

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

It's a small thing, but I do hope to see the B&M "Dip" or "predrop". I know in the past few years with the larger coasters like, Leviathan and Diamondback they have gotten away from that. Both Raptor and Mantis have that "predrop" and really makes it easy to point them out as B&M.

Halloweekends Screamster!
Fear Faire 2010-2011

My guess is if it is a more traditional drop, it will not have the predrop, just from seeing the Raptor (not our Raptor) and Wild Eagle. Not a huge fan of the predrop unless it is like Raptor, or different like Mantis, but I do not like the one on Raging Bull, it doesn't look right to me...

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

Apollo's Chariot pre-drop is the best part of the ride.

Let's Get Weird.

^ I'm going to Busch Gardens in two weeks!

I think a pre drop on the new coaster would be really cool, but I don't see it happening.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service