Cedar Point 2013

I believe I went on Sunday and I saw some holes in the ground from Giant Wheel, presumably for footers, where the turn out of the station would be. I may post pics later.

They were testing WindSeeker in that video. I hope they have it back up by this weekend.

davidw said:

you mean this link?
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.123609194344115.8755.12360...817&type=3

Yes, thanks for sharing that. When I tried to link it, it would only go to facebook's homepage.

Last edited by Ride On_17,

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

Excellent photos. The most wonderful time of construction is here!

Where do you think they will store the Gatekeeper track when it arrives? In that same grassy area as they did Maverick? Or do you think they will actually bring it closer to the construction site?

I think they'll actually bring it to the construction site. The grassy area was just to the store the track but since its coming so late this year they'll probly start putting track up as it arrives.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

That same facebook page just posted a pic of the fence pushed back behind Troika now. So hopefully that will be open now.

When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835

Finally! Some construction. Just re-bar and concrete though...
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.123609194344115.8755.12360...817&type=3

I don't think we will see any supports going up until the end of October. Isn't that what was said at the media announcement?

^I think. And that sounds about right, especially with footers just starting to be poured.

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

Yeah, we still got a while before vertical construction.

Let's Get Weird.

If they have the vertical supports on site, or somewhere near ready to go, then I can't imagine them waiting till the "scheduled" time to put up the supports. So once the footers are done and ready to go, then the supports would go up ASAP. The construction crew would take any opportunity to get ahead of schedule because we all know that delays happen somewhere along the process.

It's B&M this time... So hopefully the ride will work the first time ;)

on another forum, someone said that there are supports and track at the B&M plant, but they dont know how to upload the pics :s .... i am trying to get them for you guys

Does anyone know where the B&M plant is? More specifically, the plant that has the GK track?

Batavia, Ohio. ^^

So really the track and supports could be delivered to CP in a days worth of travel. I'm guessing that's why we haven't seen any tack pieces yet at the park.

Do they only do B&M track? or other coaster track?

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

Just B&M. And there is no way every support and piece of track could be shipped in one day. Driving time, yes it could be done, but the number of semis needed for that would be insane and impractical.

Let's Get Weird.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service