Cedar Point 2013

Never unbuckle your seat belt until the ride comes to a complete and final stop.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

Imagine taking pics from WT! How crappy they would be anyway.

I was there this weekend, didn't see any footers though.

^ Next time you'll have to ride Giant Wheel to see them. :)

Or MaXair if you'd like some thrills mixed in with your sight seeing.

I actually found the sight to be quite pretty. It's a shame the fence isn't chainlink (or dat fancy black fence that borders WT's line and the beach).

Last edited by Titandwedebil,

You would think they would let the public have peek holes to look through too. Maybe they don't want everyone facebooking or tweeting the construction.

Facebooking? Pshh that's so 2010. Intstagram is where it's at ;)

And for a park that uploaded a video of a 300 foot obervation tower being knocked over, I don't see why they wouldn't want people seeing construction.

Last edited by Maverick00,

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

Construction sites are ugly and don't complement Halloween decorations.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

They had peep holes for Maverick's construction!

Maverick also had vertical construction going on while the park was open to guests.

Goodbye MrScott

John

Mmmmmmm, peepholes!!

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

i have seen on youtube on sept 15 2012 they were doing construction on mantis why is that

I saw that as well, although the crane looked to be closer to Raptor. They may have been using it to set up HalloWeekends decorations.

2008 - Top Thrill Dragster Ride Host
Check out my Cedar Point videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/hartmanjake?feature=results_main

becca2921 said:
i have seen on youtube on sept 15 2012 they were doing construction on mantis why is that

They're prepping it to become a floorless coaster, obviously. :P

Whats the link to this video?

SSL488 said:
Whats the link to this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97TKzMBfev0&t=1m11s

Last edited by davidw,

Let me know if any of you want to see construction photos of the future Gatekeeper site, granted that is if there are any footers being poured yet. It might just be a flat sandy area still. I'm going to try and get up there this coming up weekend if it ever stops raining here. I will post them on here/ send them to Walt if you guys want.

^I'd like to see them.

EDIT: In order to not double post, I'm just gonna add to this one. Anyway, it won't let me give the link (it takes you to the hompage) but if any of you have a facebook, go to this page for pics of GK construction: "Ok, Ok, Alright I must admit Cedar Point is Freakin' AWESOME!" I know, it's a pretty crazy name for a page but if you want to see some construction pics, then go here. For those who don't have a facebook, the recent pics showed footers being installed.

Last edited by Ride On_17,

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

Ride On_17 said:
^I'd like to see them.

EDIT: In order to not double post, I'm just gonna add to this one. Anyway, it won't let me give the link (it takes you to the hompage) but if any of you have a facebook, go to this page for pics of GK construction: "Ok, Ok, Alright I must admit Cedar Point is Freakin' AWESOME!" I know, it's a pretty crazy name for a page but if you want to see some construction pics, then go here. For those who don't have a facebook, the recent pics showed footers being installed.

That page is Freakin AWESOME. I'd also recommend people follow it.

davidw said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97TKzMBfev0&t=1m11s

It is no where near Mantis. I would say it was for HW setup. Anyone notice the 'spaceship' on top of coasters? With the aliens sitting down? It looks like that is about where the crane is located.

Ride On_17 said:
it won't let me give the link

you mean this link?
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.123609194344115.8755.12360...817&type=3

Last edited by davidw,

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service