Cedar Point 2013

Rcoaster10 said:
Maverick has a long line all day. I hope that line gets shorter. Ttd I would love to get shorter too. I really hope wicked twister doesn't get longer, but it probably will. Its such a great ride and the line is so short.

I don't want WT's line to get longer!!! It's one of my favorite rides and I don't want to have to wait any longer to ride it!!! So shush or else!!! But, I am sure it will since it sits right next to GateKeeper now... :-(

Well GK will have a LONG line for weeks after it opens.

PS - I will be in that line. :)

Top Thrill Laps - 57
2014 CP Visits - 7
Opening Day 2015 : Rougarou - Front Seat!

^ Just weeks? I'd say at least one whole season except for rainy days and Friday's for Halloweekends.

The difference in 25 years is amazing. If you compare the two photos of the exact area from 1987 (end run on Avalanche run) to 2012 (demolition photo at end run of DT).....where the heck did all those trees come from? They need to be gone when GK opens and the beach boardwalk expanded. Probably won't happen though according to the animation rendering.

Please truly open up the view of the beach like it used to be.

http://www.rcdb.com/19.htm?p=8009
http://pointbuzz.com/Photos/Photo.aspx?id=8065

P.S. I still want to know about the lighting package for Gatekeeper at night.

Last edited by CPfan1976,

Maverick's line should definitely be shorter in the mornings. Similar to what happened with Mean Streak and Magnum when Raptor opened. Being on the absolute opposite side of the park really separates the crowd, and that's a good thing.

I'm glad Wicked Twister, Troika, Giant Wheel, and MaXair should all get a boost from the amount of people in the area. Maybe the Giant Wheel will even run full once in a while.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

BRcoastrpsycho34 said:

Rcoaster10 said:
Maverick has a long line all day. I hope that line gets shorter. Ttd I would love to get shorter too. I really hope wicked twister doesn't get longer, but it probably will. Its such a great ride and the line is so short.

I don't want WT's line to get longer!!! It's one of my favorite rides and I don't want to have to wait any longer to ride it!!! So shush or else!!! But, I am sure it will since it sits right next to GateKeeper now... :-(

After Windseeker opened last year (and we all know how crazy the line was for that thing), Wicked Twister's line didn't change too drastically at all, until about Halloweekends. But of course, what line isn't crazy on a Saturday during Halloweekends? However, I'm wondering if the All Wheels stadium seperating the 2 rides played a role in the almost non existent change to Twister's queue time.

It almost certainly will now, as well as Max-Air

The one thing I thought about today was would Cedar Point keep the LCD screen that you see when you enter through the ticket booths? I like those and think they should keep that along with the Cedar Point sign that hangs above it. :)

I don't see why they wouldn't keep the LED screen near the topiary garden. Its not like they are re configuring the parking lot layout.

I bet we will see some cool LED's on the lift hill and definitely some sort of spotlight by the keyholes and main gate.

^ That would be cool considering Giant Wheel just received a nice upgrade this year with the LED light package. You know I was thinking too, if Gatekeeper would get an LED package, would it be possible to put it on Raptor as well? That way the front of Cedar Point looks amazing at night. :)

I'm also looking forward to the shorter wait times for MF, TTD and Maverick. This should be a great people eater too.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

one thing that bothers me about the colors that no one has mentioned. another coaster you can see pulling into the park is Blue Streak is almost exactly the same color that GateKeeper will be.

Halloweekends Screamster!
Fear Faire 2010-2011

I personally think that the matching color is a good thing. It ties both sides of the park together with very different coasters. I would wait until you see the design for the front gate itself, since lighting and accent pieces (signs) will make a huge difference. Personally I think it's going to be eye popping and a HUGE success.

Oh, and for the record, I'm a HUGE Intamin fan boy that hates loops. I can not wait to see and ride Gatekeeper - this is going to be EPIC (imho)

Last edited by Tom,

http://www.coasterfanatics.com/sec_members/member_ridelist.asp?id=106009"] [img]http://coasterfanatics.com/banners/rl_106009.jpg[/img][url][url]

Blue streak is wooden though, I don't think that the similar color scheme would create any type of odd sight because of their structural differences. Plus, they only align at their "loops", the bulk of GK is far enough away from Blue Streak, on a visible basis.

The one thing I thought about today was would Cedar Point keep the LCD screen that you see when you enter through the ticket booths? I like those and think they should keep that along with the Cedar Point sign that hangs above it.
[/image="http://pointbuzz.com/Forums/images/smile.gif"]

I know this has been mentioned before, but I'm thinking along the lines that the gate we see on the rendering isn't the same gate we'll see on opening day. Perhaps it will be the same, structurally, but I'm positive it's going to have additional details they didn't bother with in GK's animation.

Something else I noticed is how screwed up the gate's proportions are in GK renderings. Compare the front gate (using google map) to the gate in the renderings; use the midway carousel to start up the comparison as to what changes, and then when you get to the tree "zone" (the grouping of trees with the square cement designs) you can see that something is a bit off. Try it and you'll see what I mean.

^ I noticed the exact same thing and figured it out by looking at one of my current 2012 park maps. The new gate will be built in between where the two current gates are now and will perfectly align on the left (look at the small fence under the picnic shelter) and on the right (small fence under Guest services). Both of the current ones will be demolished. Hope that helps.

On a totally unrelated 2013 note, check out this CP video you've never seen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsLrQgEnkCI

Titandwedebil said:
Something else I noticed is how screwed up the gate's proportions are in GK renderings.

Ahem. :)

I'm pretty sure the park already mentioned that the ticket booths and kiosks will be moved to the sides, which allows them to "push" the gate outward.

Brandon

Just a couple thoughts...

Did anyone ask John or anyone from Cedar Fair if they originally planned on getting this ride a few years back? Since most likely it would make sense on the Demon Drop removal. Wondering if it was put off a few years to make sure they had some kind of record to break when there was going to be 4 other rides just like it opening. I think CP has given in on the record number of coasters, but still wants records when putting in large rides.

I won't miss DT. Never was a big fan of it other than air conditioning during hot days. But will miss arriving for work each morning, or leaving really late hearing a peaceful park other than one noise. On windy days, what I assume was a chain, would clank against the tower of the spiral constantly. A sound you could hear almost anywhere in the park. I know it's weird, but it's something I remember.When there isn't a sole around, it's kind of cool.

Other thing that will be interesting is the mayflies. They are awful on that side of the park. I can hear the screams now. Ride operators will have to say keep your mouth shut!

2004,2005 Food Services
2006 One Long visit

Random statement, question. On the entrance towers' renderings are (2) two poles sticking up. Any idea what they may be for?

-Lightning Rods? -Flag Poles? or a place to hang a huge GateKeeper Banner? or maybe they won't even be there when the project is done.

GATEKEEPER-I came, I rode, I was mildly disappointed; until a second ride (rear left) put GateKeeper back on the...it's a nice ride list.

CPfan1976 said:
^ I noticed the exact same thing and figured it out by looking at one of my current 2012 park maps. The new gate will be built in between where the two current gates are now and will perfectly align on the left (look at the small fence under the picnic shelter) and on the right (small fence under Guest services). Both of the current ones will be demolished. Hope that helps.

On a totally unrelated 2013 note, check out this CP video you've never seen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsLrQgEnkCI

Brandon (DJ) pretty much already stated everything. The reason for the new gate setup is that it will not only look nicer, but it can handle traffic a lot better.

As for the video, some of us have seen that. It was a news story when it happened even.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service