Cedar Point 2013

Just Coasting said:
It will be another Mantis in 3-4 years, reduced down to a 2 train operation, which means longer then normal wait times.

So, if I wait longer earlier in the day when I go later it will have normal wait times?

What if I just skip the morning ride and go later? Am I doomed to waiting longer later in the day then while those around me get a normal wait time?

Goodbye MrScott

John

I honestly cannot believe some people thought this ride is going to go backwards. It's pretty clear in the video that they fast forward (in reverse) through the entire ride taking you back all the way through the lift hill. Notice there is NO acceleration or deceleration in that whole portion of the video. Come on people use some common sense.

As for the ride itself I think it looks incredible. The 'keyhole' portion will be the signature portion of the ride IMO. My only complaint is that it will bring a lot of attention to that side of the park and Wicked Twister always seemed to be a secret gem hidden over there. The line is hardly ever more than 15-20 minutes and it's such a good ride especially in the last row.

I'm surprised about all the complaining on this site. Did any of your parents teach you about attitude of gratitude? It's kind of sad that some people aren't thankful that we are getting a coaster after 6 years of waiting. You can complain about unnoticeable flaws all you want. That means shorter lines. :)

I would just to say Thank you to Cedar Point because this ride looks amazing and I'm excited.

Favorite coaster: Millennium Force
Favorite flat: maXair

Common sense? With regards to the theme park business and the General Public?

Do you know how many times I was asked, as a Disney Cast Member, if the monorail would take a family to Universal Studios?

The video was an attempt to be dramatic that backfired. With all of backward coasters these days somebody who greenlighted this should have said, "wait...maybe we should try something different."

It isn't the end of the world, but it was a pretty significant gaffe in my opinion.

"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world...but it requires people to make the dreams a reality."

-Walt Disney

CedarPointTaylor said:
I would just to say Thank you to Cedar Point because this ride looks amazing and I'm excited.

AMEN! +1

Bigmal said:
I'm anxious to see just how close riders will be made to feel like they're going to smash their face on cement prior to turning thru the keyholes. They didn't show that on the POV, but you see a little bit of it as it goes in reverse. I wonder if they purposefully omitted that. I imagine it will have more of an effect on riders than the Gemini decapitater hill.

They have a full POV on the website. That's one of three videos.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

They have a full POV on the website. That's one of three videos.

Thanks VW, I'll check it out....and hope the rest of the group didn't think I thought the ride went in reverse. I too think that's hilarious...however it would be fun watching that thing get back up to the lift hill. Imagine the rollback total!!!

Last edited by Bigmal,

The cool thing about the keyholes is even on the way back, the train looks like its gonna hit them again. They made good use of them.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

I thought I would wait 24+hrs after the announcement to post. All I can say is im getting worked up just looking and renderings and POV's. Who cares if there is a small helix and a little bunny hill after the MCBR, The entire ride looks spectacular and to incorporate this thing into your Main park entrance in my opinion is a stroke of genius. Just sit back for a second and imagine driving down the causeway and seeing GK standing tall and bold, you cant tell me any kid, teenager, adult or whatever wont get goosebumps. As for all you trolls/haters well not to sound mean or anything, you can just simply drive off the causeway and let us real enthusiast enjoy our new attraction.

That is all....

^Agreed

i've been out of the loop for a bit, but didn't the official video rendering show the ride going through both keyholes right after the giant cork screw? However, the engineer at the press announcement, said it will go through one at a time. Anyone else pick up on that? sorry if this is a redo. new poster, what can i say...

Last edited by firewalk13,

With the lipstick pealing off that pig, its evident there was not enough lipstick to completely cover it anymore and make it even remotely attractive. They did a great job of extending the life of the POS. It NEEDED to go, irregardless.

Blue people fly sideways when it rains

So about that twist in the story...

Promoter of fog.

I'm watching the announcement video on YouTube and it seems Cedar Point officials visited Six Flags :0

Favorite coaster: Millennium Force
Favorite flat: maXair

Did anyone else hear at the q&a they said they were going to pull down or knock over space spiral rather than just taking it apart piece by piece.

Last edited by Diehardrider,

Top 5 CP coasters 1- millennium 2- dragster 3- maverick 4- raptor 5- magnum

Diehardrider said:
Did anyone else hear at the q&a they said they were going to pull down or knock over space spiral.

Yeah from what it sounds like they're going to pull it down towards the beach. I remember someone mentioned that many pages back and everyone just said he was crazy haha.

Coaster Bucket List: 1) Fury 325 2) Leviathan 3) Intimidator 305 4) Kingda Ka 5) Formula Rosa

Kevin, the twist is, there is no twist ;) (couldn't resist)

Last edited by CoasterKid20,

My only complaint is that it will bring a lot of attention to that side of the park and Wicked Twister always seemed to be a secret gem hidden over there. The line is hardly ever more than 15-20 minutes and it's such a good ride especially in the last row.

I'm worried about that too.

Even on Monday, when the park was as busy (if not more busy) than it is on a typical Saturday, not to mention Dragster, Magnum, AND Gemini being down, WT somehow had a short line. I was shocked, because it seemed like everything in the park was crowded beyond normal.

I don't think WT has a bad rep, and I know it's definitely one of my favorites. I guess we'll see when GK opens next year.

Did anyone else hear at the q&a they said they were going to pull down or knock over space spiral.

I think they're going to knock it down, that way they can also destroy the old front gate at the same time. ;D

Chief Wahoo said:
And, if it was put together as quickly as I've been led to believe (relatively speaking) then that is really saying something.

Sounds twisty.

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

ThunderbirdsMT said:

Diehardrider said:

Yeah from what it sounds like they're going to pull it down towards the beach. I remember someone mentioned that many pages back and everyone just said he was crazy haha.

Now wait one minute. I defended him, and said there was a good chance that's what they might do. He did say they're going to take it down in sections. So he wasn't entirely right.
Then Jeff closed the forum because I guess he had more than one account.

James

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service