2010 Platinum Pass Question

Why does this process have to be so confusing?

Six flags has it down to a science. Just give them your money, they hand you a pass, and your good to go at any of there parks. No problems or confusion. You can also renew online. You pay for your new pass, and they send it to you in the mail. No waiting in line, and no having to drive to a season pass center.

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

,ffeJ I was in your situation, and I just processed at Kings Island last weekend.

What they did was to take my CP certificate, and have a supervisor exchange it for a "ticket" that authorized a Pt pass. The camera operator then scanned that ticket, looked me up in the system, scanned a new card, and handed me the card.

I still had to wait in the interminably long line at the season pass office, but this is where you get the real benefit to processing at Kings Island. The line came out of the office, doubled back on itself twice, then extended across the plaza to the driveway and down the driveway all the way to the parking lot.

That was less than a 20 minute wait.

Inside the pass processing center at Kings Island they have 20 photo/data entry stations, and if you already have a KI pass or if you are already in the system, there is precious little data entry to be done. The process is very fast; the part that takes the longest is for the processor to hunt down the supervisor to do the voucher swap. But even that is only a minute or so.

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

Does anyone know where or if there are coupons for platinum passes for kings island?

We are heading down there this weekend, and it's gonna cost the 3(2 adults and a jr) of us over $400 for passes...ouch!!!. I know they have the buy 4 get $10 off deal, but we only need 3 passes.

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.

I just went out to CP today, got my pass. I know the people on this site to a lot of complaining, mostly justifiable, but something in this situation was not that hard. We had our 4-pack vouchers we had purchased from cedarpoint.com, and we walked into the pass center, go our pictures taken, and were given our passes. The toughest thing about this was figuring out how to use the punch that makes a hole for our lanyards!

I think if you just simplify the process by getting a CP pass and then taking it up to the Season Pass Processing Center before the park opens, its all good from there.

Oh, just a quick update on that too. The SPPC was completely staffed, no problems there. Everyone was quick, kind, and courteous. There were absolutely no people there. It was kind of serene, driving up the causeway, and into the parking lot, which looked like a complete ghost town. DT still had cars out in the pavillion, as well as the Turnpike Cars, and the cars for Snoopy's Space Race. I tried to drive around to get some good pictures, but they blocked off the road. Oh well, maybe I'll try again in about 3 weeks? ;)

I was there today as well and was in and out in less than 2 minutes. To be honest, I wish there was a line since it would have drawn out the stay and would have made the 1hr 45min drive just for a pass that much more less painful.:)

And I only took one pic of the former DD area. It's no different than what Tony posted but I'll put it on here none the less.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v175/Dragster420/IMG_0041.jpg

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

I'll be processing for the first time this year. Do I need to bring anything with me? Other than the voucher of course. haha

4 summers of employment in ride operations does stuff to you.

Nope, just your voucher. All you need to do is make sure it's filled out completely and correctly. Walk to the back of the building (follow the signs) and in the doors. Give your voucher to one of the employees, they'll type your info in the computer, take your picture, give you your pass, you'll print your name on the back of the pass and then you are done! Easy peasy lemon squeezy!! :)

Going for the first time to get a pass tomorrow. I can buy my pass there as well as process it, right? Corkscrew said something about a voucher ^. Is that if I bought it ahead of time?

Yes you can buy and process your pass there. You'll purchase you pass at the ticket counters (fill out the info) then proceed to the rear of the building, like I mentioned, to get your pass. We have vouchers because we bought our passes online ahead of time. There's no need to worry about any kind of voucher if you did not purchase your pass online.

TTD 120mph said:And I only took one pic of the former DD area. It's no different than what Tony posted but I'll put it on here none the less.

Seeing it without Demon Drop makes you realize just how small that piece of land is.

EDIT: I read the back of the voucher haha.

Last edited by Corkscrew Headache,
4 summers of employment in ride operations does stuff to you.

This is what I would do...Go to King's Island and purchase your Platinum Pass there since it is a Cedar Fair park and of course you are going to be able to use it at Cedar Point or any other Cedar Fair park throughout the season. I personally wouldn't want to bye mine online. I'll just purchase mine on the first day I go, or at King's Dominion next week if we are still going.

Sorry if this has been asked, but can you use a Platinum pass from another park at any entrance at CP. Remember hearing a year or two back they were having problems with that.

Quote from a Corkscrew ride op, "And Dragster is down again"

It worked for me this year. We got out Platinum Passes from Kings Dominion and they worked at Cedar Point. They scanned fine at the Resort entrance and at parking booth. Didn't try the other gates.

Great yeah, well be using the main gate mostly.

Didn't work so swell for me and the wife at the resort gate opening weekend. We were told we had to go to main entrance to get vouchers to get in. Our passes were purchased at Michiagan's Adventure.

windixie06

I know that you have to go to park operations at Michigans adventure, and I think you do at Knotts as well to get tickets. They just take your pass to a computer, and print you out some tickets.

I am not sure why these parks are not on the same system as the rest of the parks are.

Yeah I had a Knott's pass and it didn't work at all. I had to go to the season pass center and get it transferred to a CP pass.

384 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

I remember hearing about this problem back when they started Platinum pass, that they only worked at the park you bought them at. And other CF parks you had to go though Guest Relations to ether get a ticket or get your hand stamped.

As long as the pass was processed before the guest goes to each park, it should work at all the parks except Knotts, MiA, and maybe ValleyFair. This is how it has been for me.

Pepsi Refresh is saving one coaster at a time: http://pep.si/bTTsfc

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service