2010 Platinum Pass Question

I am sure this has been answered before, but the answers I've seen don't exactly answer what to do. CP doesn't open up until May 15th, Kings Island opens up on April 17th. If my home park is Cedar Point (the park I will visit 6 to 10 times this year) and Kings Island is the park I'll go to maybe once or twice, however, the one time will probably be in late April, how, exactly should I go about getting my platinum pass? Should I get it through CP? Will I be able to register it through CP early enough to still go to KI in late April?

I've never even gotten a platinum pass before, so I'm not familiar with the process at all. I'm assuming it involves going to the park before it opens for the year and activating it.

Cedarpoint is my home park and last year we went to Kings Island opening day. They processed our passes at Kings Island.

Life is like a rollercoaster! It is full of ups and downs

So I can buy the passes from Cedar Point now, take them with me when I go to Kings Island and have them processed there? I thought you were supposed to/have to get your passes proceesed at the home park?

I wish CP's processing center was going to be open prior to Kings Island opening so I could just take care of it all there ahead of time.

Buy your pass from whatever park you go to first. That way you can process at the same park from which you purchased the pass. Cedar Fair doesn't care which is your "home" park.

384 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

I already bought my pass at Cedar Point but i am going to Kings Dominion in the spring. The web says this: "Processing Your Pass
You can process your Cedar Point Season Pass or Cedar Fair Platinum Pass at the Season Pass Center, open in the spring of 2010. Platinum Passholders are encouraged to process their Pass at the original park of purchase."

Does this mean that i can process my platinum pass at KD?

Last edited by coolkid2345,

Pepsi Refresh is saving one coaster at a time: http://pep.si/bTTsfc

If the Cedar Point processing center were open before April 17th that would be ideal! When will we know when the CP processing center opens?

coolkid, sounds like your in the same boat as me, except you took the step of actually buying from CP already, which apparently is discouraged. :)

To finaly put this to rest.

It dose NOT matter where you buy your pass from,

If you purchace your pass at CP you can process it at KI, KD, where ever.... Same if you purchace it at KI. you can have it processed at any cedar fair park.

The reason they ask you to process it at the park you puchaced it from is because it is easer for the park and your self.

For Example... If I purchase my pass at Cedar Point but i decide to visit Kings Island before CP opens I take my paper work to KI to have it Processed. You will need to fill out more paperwork for the KI pass. Why I have no idea.

You would think that Cedar Fair would just come out with a universal platinum pass....

MaVeRiCk AnD MaGnUm-XL200
Higher +
Steeper +
Faster =
The Better!

Speaking of the platinum passes, does anyone know if there is a document saying what the perks are for each park? I know there was one for 2009, but I haven't seen a document like that for 2009. My home park is Worlds of Fun.

Undomesticated equines could not remove me.

Best bet is to check the web site for whichever park you're going to. I want to say they release the perks sometime closer to when the season starts.

384 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

They really need a universal platinum pass. I really am sick of having to go through all this trouble.

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

If you buy a Platinum Pass from KI and go there to get it processed does that give you perks to every park or just KI?

Let's Get Weird.

A platinum pass should get you perks at all parks.

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

Alright thanks. Last year I had trouble my forst time getting in early to CP with my KI pass.

Let's Get Weird.

I am just going to buy mine(if I get one at all this year) when I make my first visit.

Why pay for a pass right now, when I can get it for the same price in the spring?I will leave the $160 in the bank and collect interest on it.

I have already bought my six flags pass($50), and I am considering getting a busch pass($99) this year.

It's kind of funny that I can get a six flags pass AND a busch gardens williamsburg for less than the cost of one cedarfair platinum pass.

I might end up at knotts in may, so if that's the case, I will get a pass there.

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

For all the Busch Parks, it is $300 for 2 years or $150 a year.

Can someone explain the process a little more A to Z? I see where you can purchase a platinum pass from CP.com, what happen's from there? Do they mail it to you? What is this 'paperwork' everyone keeps talking about? Is that mailed too? Doesn't the card need to have your picture on it, how/where does that happen?

Thanks for any info!

Nope...

You have to wait in line in the spring.

The busch pass for busch gardens williamsburg only is $99.

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

As I recall, when you buy the pass online, you print out a receipt with a bar code, and take this to the park for processing. It will get you free parking for that day as well, no problem. I've never found the processing to be any big problem time-wise, but maybe I've just been lucky.

The path you tread is narrow, and the drop is sheer and very high.

^^ Oops, i thought you were talking about all the Busch parks. :)

The process changes a little bit every year. I believe last year they encouraged you to process the pass at the park you bought it at, but with some extra paperwork you could process it at any of the parks. I believe part of the problem is that if you bought an 09 pass at CP, processed it at KI, and then renewed your 2010 pass through CP, you have to go through the whole standing in line to do paperwork/take your picture thing again this year. If you bought, processed and renewed your 09 pass at the same park, you don't need to do anything and your existing pass will automatically work in 2010. At least that's the way I understand it. Confusing?

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service