2009 Family Getaway Guide

Not to get off topic here pointperson, but how hard is that ride on your legs? A friend of mine rode it a couple years back and said he felt like he just played 3 rounds of DDR all at once. Does it really hurt that bad??

Well it is kind of hit and miss with the pain. If you follow the directions the ops tell you. You should be pretty good.

This is the best way for me (but every person is different):

Stand straight with little or no bending of the knees.

Make sure feet are in line with your shoulders don't lean on the back of the seat.

Let the small little stub of a seat come about an inch or so down from in between your legs. And stand still when the ops lock your seat because if you move the seat will become uncomfortable during the ride.

Then have fun and smile for the camera. (I think its after the first block run)

Someone on here like a Mantis op will probably have a better way so listen to all suggestions. And if you have a bad ride just try again till you find whats most comfortable for you. Hope this helps.

Visual Scan!
First Top Thrill Dragster train of 2011!
Rollbacks: 1st Triple Rollback of 2009!

CP rush said:
I got mine today. I have never purchased a picture before, so i think i will on Magnum saturday.

I wonder if they will have a special background/boarder for Magnum's birthday. Because then I will have to buy one (as long as I look good) I got most of the camera locations picked out but I will wing it on raptor and hope for a good pic. Are the Ride Photo locations open for ERT in the morning?

Visual Scan!

^Magnum is not open for ERT.

Also, I too only care about the coupons, so Im good with the guide this year.

^Is the M. Force, Maverick and Raptor Ride photo locations open for ERT in the morning.

Visual Scan!

Got my "guide" yesterday. Kinda disappointed. Guess they're cutting back big time. No coupon for a free rollaway bed for Breakers this year---bummer! Maybe Meijers will be cheaper for a Ride N Slide 2 day ticket than at the gate.

Massive Fannibal and Cedar Point lover!!! Lover of Pennywise 2017!

Got mine today. Though when I asked if it came, I found out my mom threw "something CP related" in the trash not knowing it was my getaway guide.:)

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

I am still waiting for mine. Usually I have it by now. :(

pointperson said:
Well it is kind of hit and miss with the pain. If you follow the directions the ops tell you. You should be pretty good.

This is the best way for me (but every person is different):

Stand straight with little or no bending of the knees.

Make sure feet are in line with your shoulders don't lean on the back of the seat.

Let the small little stub of a seat come about an inch or so down from in between your legs. And stand still when the ops lock your seat because if you move the seat will become uncomfortable during the ride.

Then have fun and smile for the camera. (I think its after the first block run)

Someone on here like a Mantis op will probably have a better way so listen to all suggestions. And if you have a bad ride just try again till you find whats most comfortable for you. Hope this helps.

Thanks pointperson.. sorry I got off topic, I'll see what works for me, I am overweight hopefully the belt fastens for me. Mostly my lower abdomen area needs trimmed down.

Still waiting for mine. As long as the coupons are in it I'm happy. I got a couple of coupons out of the Windsor Star where there was a full page ad.

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

TTD 120mph said:
Got mine today. Though when I asked if it came, I found out my mom threw "something CP related" in the trash not knowing it was my getaway guide.:)

Oh good lord Adam... get that under control! When I lived with my parents my mom knew anything that said Cedar Point was sacred literature... ;)

384 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

RIGHT I had the most confused look on my face when she told me.
"Oh hey mom, do you know if anything from Cedar Point came in the mail? Like today or yesterday? It's my Getaway guide."

"Yea something from Cedar Point came in the mail, but I threw it out. It didn't look important. It's in the trash."
::long pause::
"Uhhhhhh......ok well first off if it's from Cedar Point, it's mine. And 2, you don't throw peoples mail out without asking them if they need it!!"
::rush to trash can::

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Wow, they went from a nice book to a tri-fold one piece of paper Getaway Guide. Talk about cut backs! Hopefully we see these kinds of cut backs on their food menu prices too...

"I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks." - Pete Babic (RIP)

"The joint on the site of the old antique cars is the tits." - Jeff Putz

^Hahahahaha. Good one. Oh, wait, you were making a joke, right?

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

Finally got ours yesterday, although he was signed up for it somehow and I wasn't. So we'll have coupons to use come Sunday, your right though, they really made it very thin, not as great as last year.

Detroit Basketball said:
Wow, they went from a nice book to a tri-fold one piece of paper Getaway Guide. Talk about cut backs! Hopefully we see these kinds of cut backs on their food menu prices too...

i'm saying! i'll take a cut back on the entrance fee too,while we're at it!

fast...Faster...FASTEST!

I just got my getaway guide. Not impressed. They didn't even include a park map.

Can anyone who has received the guide tell me a bit more about the Breakers Express coupon? What are its restrictions/dates?

I'm going to be visiting CP soon and plan on booking a room at Breakers Express, but I'm not sure I'll get the guide in the mail before then. Is there some kind of coupon code on the coupon that could be used when booking online?

Thanks for your help!

--Andy

*WARNING* This message was composed on a computer in a household where peanuts and peanut products are served.

Hi Andy,

The Breakers Express coupon says:

" Present this coupon and receive a $10 discount per night in any room at Breakers Express.

Reservations required. Coupon valid May 15 through June 4, 2009 (excluding May 22-24), and August 30-September 3, 2009. Coupon cannot be combined with any other coupon, offer, or package. No reproduction or copies of coupon accepted."

I don't see a coupon code on the coupon. Hope this helps :)

-Candice

Candice said:
Hi Andy,

The Breakers Express coupon says:

" Present this coupon and receive a $10 discount per night in any room at Breakers Express.

Reservations required. Coupon valid May 15 through June 4, 2009 (excluding May 22-24), and August 30-September 3, 2009. Coupon cannot be combined with any other coupon, offer, or package. No reproduction or copies of coupon accepted."

I don't see a coupon code on the coupon. Hope this helps :)

-Candice

Candice:

VERY helpful! Thank you so much. Unfortunately I won't be staying during the valid times, though. Darn!

Do the other hotel coupons have the same date restrictions on them?

Thanks again,

--Andy

Last edited by RidesCoasters,

*WARNING* This message was composed on a computer in a household where peanuts and peanut products are served.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service