2009 Family Getaway Guide

I usually have my Getaway Guide by now, but it hasn't arrived. Has anyone gotten their's yet?

Massive Fannibal and Cedar Point lover!!! Lover of Pennywise 2017!

No Getaway Guide,no point perks yet. The season begins in
less than three weeks.Hopefully soon.

^^I usually get my Getaway Guide the last week of April (Next Week) or the first week of May. I hope they announce the point perks soon. I really want to know were the discounts are this year!

Visual Scan!
First Top Thrill Dragster train of 2011!
Rollbacks: 1st Triple Rollback of 2009!

They still haven't announced the "special events" for opening day. It has been saying Details Coming Soon for about a month or two now. You would think that this would be a good way to get more people in the gates on opening day. These "special" events could potentially attract more people into the park that day, but I guess they will probably wait till the 15th to announce them!

Last edited by pointperson,

Visual Scan!

Will there be a getaway guide this year?

The Cp website is not showing the Getaway guide anymore. It was there last month when I signed up again, I received the brochure but not the guide. Now the website is just showing 3 brochures Cp, Castaway Bay, and Wildwater Kingdom. There is no mention of the Getaway Guide.

This is a big loss in savings to many family's. We used almost all of those coupons.

Last edited by AIRTIMELUVR,

1)Magnum 2) Blue streak 3) Millennium 4)Diamondback 5) Maverick 6)Dragster (Point lover since 66 age 8)

i called cedar point the other day. A woman told me that they are doing the getaway guides this year and that they are mailed during the first week of may. No idea why it's not on the site though...

4 summers of employment in ride operations does stuff to you.

So how does one sign up to receive the Getaway Guide? I signed up on the Cedar Point brochures page. Will I automatically be sent the Getaway Guide as well?

nope,havent gotten mine either. i was wondering the same thing the other day. if i dont receive one within a week or two,i will be calling. i use those coupons on every visit.

fast...Faster...FASTEST!

You can get a Getaway Guide by calling 1-800-BESTFUN.

Diane

Thanks, Dan.

Someone commented on the new blog, and Tony says that they will be mailed out soon, but they look different this year...wonder what that means...

4 summers of employment in ride operations does stuff to you.

Just got my getaway guide today. And man did they change wow. Well it's not a book anymore it is more of a large foldout (kinda like the maps they give you when you park) There is a lot more coupons this year for admission and misc. the misc. coupons are didn't change much. The front cover fold has a Picture of Magnum the same as the poster then you open the flap and it folds out into 3 pannels 2 of coupons (1 for admission and 1 for misc.) and one is talking about Halloweekends, Soak City, Challenger Park and Cedar Point.com and Rides. There is also a flap on the back that talks about early entry and the resorts. It does look pretty good it is just a BIG change from years past.

Visual Scan!

The starlight experience has brief but more insightful blurb about it as well on the guide. "Join us May 23-September 7 as the frontier Trail turns int a sparkling musical wonderland." Wonder how it will be mixed into the halloweekends?

Shoot the rapids, tame and dry. Thunder Canyon, wet and laughter. Snake River Falls, soaked and smiling. White Water Landing and the old shoot the rapids, Fun and missed.

What kind are the admission coupons this year?? Any good starlight ones?

Save $5 on a starlight admission. Save $7 on a funday. Save $5 on halloweekends funday or save $7 on a halloweekends funday why the 2 different coupons I have no clue.

Shoot the rapids, tame and dry. Thunder Canyon, wet and laughter. Snake River Falls, soaked and smiling. White Water Landing and the old shoot the rapids, Fun and missed.

Here is a list of coupons for this years Fun Guide:

Admission Discounts:

(6) Save $7 on Funday Tickets from May 16-Sep 7

(6) Save $5 on Starlight admission

(5) Save $5 on Halloweekend Saturdays or save $7 on Halloweekend Sundays

Other discounts:

(2) Save $10 on 2 Soak City regular tickets

(1) Buy one get one Challenge Golf

(1) Buy one get one Challenge Racing

(1) $10 off Ripcord

(1) Buy one get one guessing game

(1) Buy one get one on Main Midway Games and Gemini Area Games

(1) $2 off 6x10 ride photo or keychain

(1) $2 off each adult or child buffet at Midway Market (up to four uses)

(1) $1 off Midway Meal Basket with purchase of Maverick cup at Skyride Refreshments, Gristmill Refreshments and Transport Refreshments (up to four uses)

(1) Free kids meal with purchase of regular entree at Game Day Grill

(1) Free donut with purchase of 20oz Specialty coffee (up to four uses)

(1) $10 off per night at Breakers Express *certain dates*

(1) Free Castaway Bay Day Pass when you join the Birthday Club

(1) $30 off per night at Breakers or Sandcastle *certain dates*

(1) $4 off admission to Geauga Lake's Wildater Kingdom (up to four uses)

(1) Enjoy rates as low as $129 at Castaway Bay *During Spring*

(1) Enjoy rates as low as $99 at Castaway Bay *During Fall*

(1) Enjoy rates as low as $129 at Castaway Bay *During Winter*

(1) $3 off admission (Sun-Fri) at Michigan's Adventure (upto four uses)

Visual Scan!

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

pointperson said:
(1) $10 off Ripcord

Oh yes my favorite!

Let's Get Weird.

And how do we go about getting one of these Getaway Guides?

MaVeRiCk AnD MaGnUm-XL200
Higher +
Steeper +
Faster =
The Better!

^You can order it off of Cedar Point's brochure page...here

Or call 419-627-2350 to request it.

Visual Scan!

As mentioned above you can call 1 800 BESTFUN.

My Guide hasn't arrived yet, and trust me, I'm checking my mailbox every day.

I usually stay at the Breakers for a few days during opening week, so I'm glad to see the coupon. I book my room in the Bon Air (which in French stands for CRAP) section of the hotel. Last year, for example, with the GTR coupon, my rate fell to something like 38 bucks a night. Can't beat it anywhere, and at night it's only a short stumble home from Fridays!

The Bon Air was really ok, (it was just me, after all) and after Sunday the place really emptied out. I think I was the only one on the third floor for most of the week- It felt like a scene from The Shining or something.

Things may be a little different this year, with opening pushed back a week and it butting right up to Memorial day weekend, and with 2 weeks of Science crammed into one, the park may be a little busier for opening week than in years past.

I still think I may try it, though, at least for a few days. (if my guide would only get here!)

I'm the oldest one here. CP emp '73-'74

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service