2004 applications and other

Rides... well, it's not as easy as everyone says. And it seriously depends on what ride you are on. Each ride is different, and has it's own personality, blah blah blah.

Let's see, I've been trained on 16 rides this season, 3 of them coasters (only one visually board trained) including Dragster (heed the warning: working this ride includes a HIGH LEVEL of stress while working with guests, people don't like the idea of a tight harness for their safety), in every Zone except Zone 1... Gemini, CCMR, Antique Cars Triangle, Matterhorn Triangle, Dodgem and Cedar Downs, White Water Landing, Snake River Falls, Dragster, Mean Streak w/ visuals... Bouncing around is something you need to get used to. Not everyone does, but don't get upset if you aren't on one ride all summer.

It's not easy, and I've averaged about 50-60 hours a week all summer. Mean Streak is a pistol to work. The trains are a LOT lower in the station than the other coasters and requires a lot of bending down to check lap bars and buckle up empty seats. It really takes a lot of physical and mental strength to get through the day, it's not easy.

And Kristen, YOU BETTER FIND ME THIS WEEKEND! I missed seeing you around Commons and Stockade! JODI!!! CALL MY PHONE! I MISS YOU!

As for next year? I'm applying whenever the applications are released on the internet. I'm trying for a server in JR or FOTB. Making my current weekly pay in one day during peak season seems like a better job :)

------------------
2003 - Currently: Mean Streak Crew
2004 - Hopefully a server @ JR or FOTB... if not, back in rides and hopefully at Mean Streak!

I don't really see how a person from Foods can contest that O-C's are terrible, but up until the last week that Cedar Point was open this year, almost nobody on WT's ride had more than 2 O-C's per week. While you do work more hours than foods, if you are not a lazy type of person it's not that bad. All you have to remember is that you have work the next day and that not going to the bar every night is *always* a good thing, although I *do* wish I went to the MF ride night *arg*. Oh almost forgot... unless you are working an O-C at one of the 'car' rides (Caddy, Turnpike, etc.) it's not that bad to O-C as far as back aching goes. On *all* rollercoasters there is at LEAST one sitting position, and most if not all have more. At WT we have 4, soon to be (maybe) three, and you get three breaks in an O-C day (normally) which are 45min, 30min, and 15min, meaning an O-C day is not terrible what-so-ever. Don't let ANYBODY tell you different... unless of course you want to work in foods, making 'perfectly crispy and completely cooked food' in a frying'ly hot kitchen-like sauna, be my guest. That is all.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service