2004 applications and other

When do they usually ask for the 2004 applications becuase i want to get mine in as soon as possible because im new and want to be a ride op. I have never been to cedar point.. I also want a roomate eventhough it is so far away. Where does the bus go(you know if you live in a dorm). any info i should now because I have never been to cedar point.(I read the things from the cedar point site). Thabk you
Usually around December is the best time to put in a request for a application online, or simply fill one out onlie if you can. I filled one out online in December of 99 and I got to pick what ride I wanted to work on for the 2000 season and I got Maggie.

My advice is once thise season is over, keep checking the website to see if they have posted the new online applications for 2004. If you do that then you'll be contacted before and other newbies, and you should be able to get any positon you want with in reason.

------------------
Melissa
Magnum 00'
Pet Farm AATL 02'
Melslambs@hotmail.com

However, just because you request a job and are contracted to work there, you can be transferred. I was originally contracted to Raptor but was transferred my first day. The earlier you start, the better your chance of being on that particular position.

------------------
Formerly the imbecile known as ddogg
----
2003 Super Screw Crew

what did u mean contracted there i don't get it, how long are you on that position for, are u there a whole year?
Your contract is your scheduled time that you are hired with CP, for example May 1st - October 1st. Your contract is only for the operating season, unless you live around sandusky and get hired on for a full time/year round staff, but I don'n know much about year round positoins.

The position you get hired for is usually the position you remain at unless something goes wrong or you decide to switch positions/locations.

------------------
Melissa
Magnum 00'
Pet Farm AATL 02'
Melslambs@hotmail.com

You may want to reconsider working as a ride op. I worked in foods and I worked at least 10 different locations in and around FT. Although food service may not seem as glamorous as working a ride it is less tedious. Working a ride seems really fun at first until late july when you are working 6 O-C's in a row and your back is killing you.

In any event just consider where you want to work very carefully! Most of all good luck and have fun!
------------------
Erie: The only great lake you can walk from end to end and only get oil on your shoes!

Awww, O-C's aren't that bad heck they can actually be fun. LOL, yeah right. A few O-C's are ok but after a while they do get to ya.

------------------
Melissa
Magnum 00'
Pet Farm AATL 02'
Melslambs@hotmail.com

What are O-C's?

--brennan

O-C's stands for Open - Close which means you work open - close. :-)

------------------
Melissa
Magnum 00'
Pet Farm AATL 02'
Melslambs@hotmail.com

Thanks ron skinner for the suggestion but I will still choose ride host and thanks killerseagul for explaining o-c eventhough I did not ask.
Costerwill, I know you didn't ask what O-C's were but brennan did. ;-)

------------------
Melissa
Magnum 00'
Pet Farm AATL 02'
Melslambs@hotmail.com

I have some other questions, what do u get off merchandise and food and drink. how many free passes do you get .Can you go to other cedar fair parks for free using your badge or do you have to have a season pass..
Coasterwill, here's the answer's to your questions:

1) For merchandise and food discounts it depends on what stand/store you go to. The % that's taken off varries form store to store, and there are only a few stores that it can be accepted at. Also there are certain days of the week when employees can use their discounts.

2) Each employee after 60 days gets 4 free passes for just Cedar Point not soak city. After that employees can purchase discount tickest at HR for $25 or atleast that's what the price use to be.

3) Yes with you CP employee id you can enter any Cedar Fair park for free as long as you have your valid employee id.

------------------
Melissa
Magnum 00'
Pet Farm AATL 02'
Melslambs@hotmail.com

You get your 4 free passes after 28 days, not 60. :) Discounted tickets went up to $31.50 this year at HR.

As for the discounts, the food discounts are only at the employee cafeteria and the stockade employee area. Merchandise discounts are indeed on certain days at certain times. This year was better than last because they had two days for the employee discount, rather than the one day the previous year. The discount is only at certain stores, and that is listed in the employee discount guide. :)

------------------
Hotel Breakers Desk staff - 2002
At the Breakers now! - 2003! :)

Do u get free soda
Hello, IM a first timer to the forums here in the CPplace. IM about in the same position as Coasterwill regarding 2004. But my question is, is it better to fill out a 2004 app. once there available that is, online or filling one out by hand? I've never tried filling an app.out online before. So that's makes me a little skeptical about it.

(Not really important info Below)

I also plan to go for Operations (Ride op). I've been one for the past 2 years up here in Buffalo, NY at Six Flags Darien Lake and a family owned park (Martins Fantasy Island). I've always been a big time avid fan of the po!nt and I'd definitely like to try for a position in 2004.

Once in a while they will give out free pop in the employee cafe, but it's not everyday. It's not as expensive as in the park though. I think this year it was 85 or 95 cents for a 16 oz. glass. The bottled beverages are $1.25. The best deal is the pop machines, they're 45 cents for a can.

My first year I filled my app. out by hand, this past year I did it online. I liked doing it online better, but that could be due to the fact that I am an internet junkie. This past year, I filled out my application on a Monday and on Tuesday my manager sent my contract out! :) I guess it's your own personal preference.

------------------
Hotel Breakers Desk staff - 2002
Only a few more weekends left at the Breakers - 2003 :(

killerseagual said:

2) Each employee after 60 days gets 4 free passes for just Cedar Point not soak city. After that employees can purchase discount tickest at HR for $25 or atleast that's what the price use to be.

The free Cedar Point tickets may say "Cedar Point" on them, but they will get your friends/family in to Soak City if that's where they want to go...you guys pick which park. Most Good Any Day Cedar Point tickets work like that.

------------------
~Lee~

Group Sales ATL '01
Group Sales TL '02
Park Admissions Zone 5 Supervisor '03
----------------------
"The greatest leaders don't take credit for their actions; they don't have to."
*** This post was edited by Lee 8/23/2003 1:50:55 PM ***

I have a question regarding the ID passes. Are you able to keep your ID after you leave for the rest of the season, or do they take it a way?

------------------

You have to turn it in when you process out on your last day.

Pretty hefty fine if you don't from what I recall.

------------------
June 11th, 2001 - Gemini 100
VertiGo Rides - 82

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service