2004 applications and other

Yes, a very hefty fine which I think is $90. Could be more. But you could always get your temp ID and keep it:)

------------------
Screamsters 2001
Millennium Force/Screamsters 2002
Challenge Park/Screamsters 2003
*** This post was edited by 99er 8/24/2003 6:48:27 PM ***

The replacement for a lost ID is $15, the cost of not turning in your ID upon processing out is $99, temp IDs are $1 or $2. So yes, there is a hefty fee if you do not turn your ID in (it's the cost of a season pass).

------------------
Hotel Breakers Desk staff - 2002
Only a few more weekends left at the Breakers - 2003 :(

I am still in High School, but am considering a Ride Op job, I am learning a lot from this, thanks, and when I graduate and go to college, if at all possible, I am going to work at Cedar Point..and do you get O-C every day?!

My dad watched me type this and he asked the question, "u gonna be on of the people who say clear! That doesnt look tedious at all!" and I believe it is, so do the people who always say "clear" and the person in control booth change positions throughout the day?

------------------
LaUnCh...420 feet, 120 mph, 4 seconds....brakes...breathe

Im kind of confused on what you said playa: Was your dad being sarcastic or does he not thing saying clear won't be tedious, it sounds like he is being sarcastic.
What is HR? i know im always the one to ask what abbreviations mean.lol

--brennan

HR stands for Human Resources. This is where you first go when you get to CP, its over in front of Cedars. its a small building where you process in and get your Photo ID and file your paperwork to begin working. Some of the people in HR are really nice, and I enjoyed the rainy June 12th ESD trip to Six Flags. HR is also in charge of ESD events throughout the summer.
------------------
Hotel Breakers Housekeeping 2003/Resigned-Miss CP
He may have been, but standing there all day woul be tedious
Hehe, I was at the screw yesterday, I think I might have seen ya's there, but yea, it would be fun, I notice that the Ride Op's race each other :P its funny to watch!
thats cool, racing against other ride ops, do any of the rides have seat belts for the harness and / or have seatbelts.
Yeah, racing to pop pedals is fun until someone gets hurt. I've got the damn scar to prove it!

BTW: I am the second fastest timed person on the Screw Screw. Our ATL is just a freak. (J/K Justin. Please don't stick me on Super for 3 hours)

------------------
Formerly the imbecile known as ddogg
----
2003 Super Screw Crew

Your Screw Crew loves you to, Kristen.

Speaking of pedals, on my last day I did a ceremonial final unlocking of the pedals...and I tripped. Hope things at the Screw have been fine since I left...can't wait to go back next year.

To the people considering applying next year, I was in the same boat as you a year ago. Don't lose sleep over it. Cedar Point has awesome respect for its employees and if you get a job, you will have an awesome time there as long as you don't do anything stupid.

------------------
Sean "Sean Paul" Paul
Super 'Screw Crew 2003

I am interested in applying for a job at Cedar Point next year since I moved to the area this spring. If you apply early enough, can you pick the ride you want to operate because I really want to operate Wicked Twister. Dragster wouldn't be so bad either. Another thing along those lines. Are there any Dragster operators here? Was it difficult working the latest of anyone but having to be there as early as everyone the next morning? You guys probably got paid more though. Thanks alot!

------------------
Dragster Laps - 21
Trips to the Point (2003) - 19

The earlier you apply, the better your chances of being able to pick which ride you work, yes. Online applications should be available in late December.

No, Dragster operators don't get paid more...all ride-ops get paid the same amount. (Unless there's something I don't know about - I never worked in rides). Yes, working very late and then having to get up early is a pain, but hopefully it won't be like that every day - only if you work O-C day after day or work an evening shift one day and a morning shift the next.

i so wanna work a ride in the front of the park this yr cus i worked in the back and it wasnt to fun walking to the back from the front so... im gonna put my application extra early
Hey hccstudent 02, which ride did you work? You look familiar, but I can't remember you. I worked in Housekeeping at hotel breakers, but I had to resign early due to problems in the family and a muscle cramp(Injury) in my leg. It was on and off up there on my leg, but I am all better now. I want to return to breakers in 2004 and work in housekeeping

------------------
Hotel Breakers Housekeeping 2003/resigned/coming back in 04

HR means Human Resources.

And as a ride host, you DO rotate positions. I worked Demon Drop and we rotated every half hour. Crowd control went to Controls, who went to the Load side of the platform checking harnesses, who rotates to the Unload side, who rotates to the Midway Carrousel (several flat rides are operated by the crew of a larger ride), who rotates to the Demon Drop entrance, who then rotates to crowd control. During the rotating, there will be no one at crowd control, but that's an optional position.

I loved working rides. I'd do it again next season (Making it my third season), but I need to take college classes. True, you start to get burnt out in the middle of the season, but that's when you can ask your supervisor for crosstraining on another ride or possibly a transfer. I scored some extra hours working on Raptor, and it was a blast. Really helps the burnout.

-DJ

I'm thinking about working out at Cedar Point during the summer. I read here that if you applied early, you would have a good chance to pick the ride you wanted to operate. Which ride(s) usually fill up first? I'm thinking about Wicked Twister as my first choice and Dragster as my second. Do give them like a top 3 rides you want to work or do you just have to pick which one you want (assuming you apply early and have this luxury)?

------------------
"Get busy living or get busy dying"
~Shawshank Redemption

Jordo,

The rides that fille up the quickest are the popluar rides like Magnum, Milli, WT and so on. When you apply, on the application there is a place to put the top 3 areas that you'd like to work in and then the top 3 areas that you don't want to work in.

When you have your interview that's when they usually ask you "Where do you see yourself working?" and that's when you tell them which ride you'd like to work on.

The best thing to do is to request an app before they become available that way when the are available you'll be one of the first ones to get one, and then you can apply as soon as possible.

I hope all that made sense :-)
------------------
Melissa
Magnum 00'
Pet Farm AATL 02'
Melslambs@hotmail.com

Yes it did. Thanks alot! I really hope I can get on WT or Dragster. I would imagine the employee on controls launches the train on WT? That would be great fun doing that.
------------------
"Get busy living or get busy dying"
~Shawshank Redemption
Controls on Wicked Twister is fun for a while... but, just like every other ride (and every other position), you're repeating the same thing over and over again.

"Ready" "Clear, Launching in 3 (press dispatch button), 2, 1." repeat.

------------------
2003 - Wicked Twister Crew

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service