11/14 Small picture update

Yea, olives are quite yumtious.
I always thought that the closer something was in a picture, the bigger it appeared, so logically millie would appear taller than #16, because it's atleast 1000 feet closer to the camera. So my guess is that 16's about 25 feet taller than millie. Also, Walt says on his site that ripcord is 180 feet if anybody cares.
Ripcord, actually, is exactly 151' tall.
Hey OldCPer , so I see you rarely pay attention to anyone with only 2 posts, but I noticed you had nothing to say about the photos. Is this because you lack common sense. Look closely, as I did, at photo 3 dated 11/14/02 and tell me how that is real.

michael Corio said:
Hey OldCPer , so I see you rarely pay attention to anyone with only 2 posts, but I noticed you had nothing to say about the photos. Is this because you lack common sense. Look closely, as I did, at photo 3 dated 11/14/02 and tell me how that is real.

Please explain how it is not real ?

------------------
Cedar Point can not and will not be responsible for any thing lost or dammaged.

I think I see how some people believe the photo is fake. It appears that the new ride is at an incorrect angle in comparison to Millennium Force.

Remember, those sections of the park are at different angles to each other. Millennium Force is about 45 degrees (give or take) off from the new ride. That's why the picture looks the way it does.

If the way I believe it looks is correct, the side that appears to have two towers combined (the left side) is both the back support and the return side, while the right side is the launch side.

That is my reasoning behind my next statement: The picture is real.

------------------
17 straight years of real thrills and counting...

May I suggest, Mr. Corio that you check out the CP webcam and then tell me those pictures are not real. Or do you think that CP is showing fake pictures on their official site? Or, maybe you think that those of us who have seen this ride being constructed in person are seeing an illusion?

------------------
I'd rather die living than live like I'm dead

He probably believes the moon landings were faked, too.
Michael, have you not seen the hundreds of pictures at VirtualMidway? http://www.virtualmidway.com/mystery/default_p.asp

------------------
Great Ohio Coaster Club member #335

Hey guys I'm not trying to say it's not being built, I know it is and I've seen all the photos, but I was questioning the angle and position of the photos. Look, the CP Cam on PT shows the blasting track and the tower with the trach going up and the coaster appears to be blasting in a direction towards Gemeni. Can we all agree on that? But Photo 3 on 11/14/02 shows the tower with the track heading toward MF? I guess I don't understand, please enlighten me.

I apologize if I offended anyone on this site.

------------------
See Ya at Hotel Breakers, Tower Suites.....Let's Party

I havent really been reading into this thread much lately, but...WHAT???, you acctually think that sombody faked these pictures...I think you better think this over better. The photos are definatly real, From what i seen Shorty never gave us any fake pictures before.

------------------
- Dennis

michael Corio, I think you are just looking at the picture the wrong way. I don't understand where you see the track heading towards MF. In picture 3, I see the track traveling in the same direction it is in the other pictures.

------------------
Brent Haley
Gemini Crew '02

The ride is going to be 330' because Intamin said so Its on the web site that had listings of new rides for 2003 I just can't remember the name of the site :(

------------------
I'm not an old fogey, I'm just an old coaster rider..

Trust me oldrider.. that site had to have been done by some random dude like one of us. I'm 100% sure they had nothing to back that up.

------------------------
Panic Attack
FIGHT BACK
http://listen.to/panicattack

oldrider, the structure now is already around 325. It still has to have the drop side twist another 180 degree, AND crest at the top to connect. We still have a long way to go.

------------------
Launch: Tophat: Twistage: Brakes...

...Denial is an ugly thing.

oldrider said:
The ride is going to be 330' because Intamin said so.

Not even close...

------------------
Jeff
Webmaster/GTTP - Sillynonsense.com
"Climbing as we fall, we dare to hold on to our fate, and steal away our destiny to catch ourselves with quiet grace" - The Stairs, INXS

Oh someone did say it was going to be 330'...

but that someone sure as hell wasn't Intamin.

------------------
James Draeger
-Captain Sarcasm

Yep Sam Intimin the best coaster builder:-p

Ryan, I am Very certian this was an official site . You could be right ,I hope not .To think some jerk would make up such a long list about the coaster industry makes me mad:(

Im also mad cause I can't remember the site name or anything, so you can go look for yourself.

What about the turnaround for the trains see it yet??
------------------
I'm not an old fogey, I'm just an old coaster rider..

Official Intamin site: http://www.intaminworldwide.com

------------------
Great Ohio Coaster Club member #335

The intamin site has nothing about the new one going in at CP, and the coasterglobe site is just guessing.

------------------
I'd rather die living than live like I'm dead

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service