11/14 Small picture update

http://www.cpthrillology.com/16construction.htm

A good friend donated four new pictures to the construction site page.

------------------
magnumdan
magnum count: 2233
www.cpthrillology.com

I've been wanting to see a good causeway shot since the recent construction! Thanks, Dan & Shorty.

------------------
gravity: down to earth, without the sugar coating.

www.geocities.com/gravityjmb

Nice Pics...Some of the first pics since the End of the season. Its almost as tall as the MF now or as tall.

Anyway...Say thanks to your freind for us for the pics.

ooo yea...Shorty, Thanks

------------------
- Dennis
*** This post was edited by Big D 11/14/2002 11:18:23 PM ***

Now, is the track on the launch twisting inward or outward? :) As for the height, it's still fairly shy of 300'. MF and PT are in the foreground of the pics.

------------------
Steve Sergent
MF count: 229
One of the few who know about the other big d

Nice :)

I just can't imagine this being taller than Millennium Force, but if it really is 400+ it is going to be damn insane.

------------------
Great Ohio Coaster Club member #335
*** This post was edited by Bryan 11/15/2002 12:03:34 AM ***

You know what the crazy thing is?

It almost looks fake sitting out there.

------------------
"Sit down right, hold on tight, and enjoy your flight on Shivering Timbers!!"

Wow! It's going to so weird seeing "Sweet Sixteen" rule the skyline instead of Millie. Thanks for the pics guys, you made my day!
Great pics, Dan. Thanks to you and pass some on to Shorty. By my calculations, I would have to say that the top of the back column is now in the neighborhood of 350' tall. Where the two diagonals come together, the catwalk at that level should be about 330' up. The top of the column is almost halfway up to the next level.
jdubya, read shorty's post again... "As for the height, it's still fairly shy of 300'. MF and PT are in the foreground of the pics. "

------------------
gravity: down to earth, without the sugar coating.

www.geocities.com/gravityjmb

To Dan: Your friend is full of it. If you notice on the November 14 pics, they have been doctored. I've been to the point many times and according to the photos, the ride goes from blasting towards MF ( which by the way is on the south part of the Penn.), yet the web cam and all other photos, including Dan's friend has the ride blasting in between Gemini and Magnum, so what's it gonna be???????????
Gravity,

I did read shorty’s post and I most respectfully disagreed. Because of the angle from ground level, the new tower looks shorter than MF & about the same as PT. The tower is farther away from the camera so its height is somewhat distorted relative to the other two. When the sun comes up later this morning, look at the PT webcam and you will see that the top of the tower appears higher than MF. Look at how much farther above the horizon the tower is than MF. And that’s even with Johnson’s Island behind the tower and nothing but water for miles behind MF.

As I explained here and here, the 5th catwalk is about 275', the 6th will be about 330', and the 7th will be about 385'. The top of that back column is between the 6th and 7th level. I haven't seen anyone come up with anything that tells me I'm wrong. I may not be exact, but I'll bet I'm pretty darn close.

No offense to shorty, but I believe he was wrong in his estimate of the height and I posted my thoughts. I didn’t attack him. I didn’t tell him he was wrong because of something somebody else posted. I’ve got the numbers to back my estimate up. Read my two posts on the height and, if I’m wrong, show me where I made a mistake. He didn’t say how he came up with his estimate other than referring to MF and PT in the picture. If he came up with his number because he was out there with a tape measure, then I’ll believe his number.

Look at photo 3, you can't see magnum in any of the background. All you see is MF's 2nd hill and Ripcord. Forget those photos, and no way is this reaching 400 feet !!!
Make a copy of picture #2 and zoom in real close. You can faintly see the Magnum's lift hill running parallel to the Raptor's lift hill and BELOW it. Does that mean Raptor is taller than the 205' Magnum or is Magnum shorter than the 137' Raptor? The Ripcord arch is about 150' tall. MF appears to be well over twice as tall as the arch. Is MF taller than the published 310'? MF and PT are about the same height, yet in the picture MF appears quite a bit taller than PT. You can't use pictures to estimate heights unless the camera is at the same height as what you are looking at. The logic falls apart real quick. This ride will absolutely pass 400' shortly after the 7th catwalk is added. It will end up closer to 450'.
Haha, I was wondering how long it would take for someone to claim those are fake pictures. Kind of reminds me of the first time we saw the vertical construction pictures. There were pages about how "no way can that be real". People blowing up the image pointing tiny flaws that PROVE it couldn't be real. Honestly folks...what's it gonna take?

------------------
Brent Haley
Gemini Crew '02

Check it bros.. these photos are the rizz dizz!

------------------------
Panic Attack
FIGHT BACK
http://listen.to/panicattack

jdubya said:
Make a copy of picture #2 and zoom in real close. You can faintly see the Magnum's lift hill running parallel to the Raptor's lift hill and BELOW it. Does that mean Raptor is taller than the 205' Magnum or is Magnum shorter than the 137' Raptor? The Ripcord arch is about 150' tall. MF appears to be well over twice as tall as the arch. Is MF taller than the published 310'? MF and PT are about the same height, yet in the picture MF appears quite a bit taller than PT. You can't use pictures to estimate heights unless the camera is at the same height as what you are looking at. The logic falls apart real quick. This ride will absolutely pass 400' shortly after the 7th catwalk is added. It will end up closer to 450'.

I dont even see Raptor in this picture let alone Magnum, and abou the the "arch", MF is twice the size, I dont know what you are talking about because you dont even make sense.

Thanks Brent.

------------------
magnumdan
magnum count: 2233
www.cpthrillology.com

I rarely listen to anyone who has two posts to his credit, and someone who obviously has not seen CP's construction cams.

------------------
I'd rather die living than live like I'm dead

Thanks OldCPer

Jo
2000/2002 Raptor Crew
Lifetime Raptor flights: 708 :)
------------------
It's all about getting around the barrels, or over the fences, right leads, no faults, fastest time and looking pretty when done. What's so hard about that? :)

Boy, some people still amaze me. I really don't have the time or skill to photoshop 4 pictures.

I may have been wrong about my height estimate, I had been up for like 20 hours when I posted that. But, they are real! If you really want to see one with the Magnum in it I will send another one to Dan. But then some of you will have nothing to talk about.

------------------
Steve Sergent
MF count: 229
One of the few who know about the other big d
*** This post was edited by shorty 11/15/2002 8:51:34 AM ***
*** This post was edited by shorty 11/15/2002 8:52:59 AM ***

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service