Coastermania 2023

I know nothing has been announced yet, but I'm hoping to plan ahead (because I need to request vacation time at work and get campground reservations before the Bike Week crowd reserves all the campsites) It looks like the last several CoasterMania events were the first Friday in June... is that a general rule or a coincidence that they have all seemed to be that week?

The website has the event date listed as June 2 which matches up to your pattern. Tony posted last week that they would be announcing the sale date soon. He also said "Very limited availability this year". Waiting to see if that means only clubs again, a lottery like WCO, or something else.

https://twitter.com/TonyClarkCP/status/1643025653636136960?cxt=HHwWgICwnY_Imc0tAAAA

Last edited by Hudson,

Yes, Coastermania is always the first Friday in June.

Regardless of how the crowd is controlled, I'm glad to see that they're making it a "very limited" event again. I missed last year's event, but heard that it was very crowded and ERT was anything but exclusive.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

I always love being at the Point with friends and try to give the park the benefit of the doubt in most cases. And while I still appreciate all the hard work that went into last year, the ERT was some of the worst I've ever had. Granted, I've grown out of my "power riding" phase but it was still a disappointment. Not 100% sure I'll be going this year (depending on the ticket set up of course) but I hope they've adjusted the event to help smooth out last years rough parts.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

My trip to Coastermania last year was my first trip to the park in three years and first Coastermania since 2009. ERT was anything but exclusive. Showing up and waiting in line for half an hour to register definitely foreshadowed the day. The cruise was fantastic and lunch was good but the timing and spacing of the ERT was terrible.

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

Tony just announced via Twitter that CM tickets go on sale in 2 hours, around 11 AM EDT.

Brandon

Looking forward to the impending butthurt flaming.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Keep your kinks to yourself, man.

Brandon

CM tickets are available now.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/events/coastermania

Last edited by djDaemon,

Brandon

I’ve got mine. Definitely looking forward to it🎒🎒🎒🎒

Jake Padden
13-Tiques/Wave Swinger
12-Camp Snoopy; Tiques/Wave Swinger
11-CP & LE Railroad Platform; Cedar Creek Mine Ride; Tiques/Wave Swinger

Got mine too. I think the last one I attended was 2017. Looks like the tickets are still available over an hour after they went on sale. Have to wait and see how limited they actually are. The notification was pretty short, so there probably weren't hundreds of people trying to get them at once. No issues this time with Accesso.

Hudson, yes that’s true. I didn’t have any issues either. Thank goodness.

Jake Padden
13-Tiques/Wave Swinger
12-Camp Snoopy; Tiques/Wave Swinger
11-CP & LE Railroad Platform; Cedar Creek Mine Ride; Tiques/Wave Swinger

Just got mine. Disappointed that they're using wristbands. Other than coastermania itself, the neck lanyards were the most important souvenir.

Last edited by Dennis Urban,

number of times to Cedar Point:50s/60s/70s/80s-3,1995-1,1996-27,1997-18,1998-13,1999-20,2000-16,2001-8,2002-7,2003-18,2004-14,2005-18,2006-28,2007-16,2008-17,2009-28,2010-26,2011-27,2012-21,2013-18,2014-24,2015-29,2016-46,2017-13,2018-14,2019-10,2020-0,2021-3 Running Total-483 72,000 miles traveled for the point.

Just ordered the Wife & I's tickets. So glad they still had them available. We are looking forward to our first Coastermania! We have been to 2 Winter Chill Outs and one Coasterstock. This looks like a fun addition to our Adventures!

Ahhhhh C.P. My Happy Place!

Is it officially sold out yet? Just went to buy mine, but the cart keeps giving me an error. The one day I didn't check (yesterday)....

Appears to be sold out.

Brandon

Indeed, Tony just confirmed on Twitter. That seems promising for a very limited event. Looking forward to it.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

I just wished they would have announced it elsewhere besides just Twitter. Oh well.

Last edited by Aaronosmer,

(Jeff, feel free to delete if this breaks any rules)

I was able to get in before they sold out... so my kid and I are set up. However, I just learned that two good friends of ours missed the cutoff. Between now and June 2, if anyone's plans change and they have Coastermania passes they aren't going to use, please let me know and I'd be glad to buy them off you.

EDIT: The friends are not able to join us, so I no longer need the additional tickets.

Last edited by C Hertling,

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service