Johnny Rockets being replaced by arcade.

Jeff:

above serviceable pizza

We must have very different ideas of what serviceable pizza is. Because Chet and Matt’s certainly is not.

I’ve never had a problem with Chet and Matts, the pizza is ok, no complaints. I’m hard to please though so I guess I just settle and forget it. Thin, crispy, party slices is how we roll here in Columbus, lol. And that’s hard to find elsewhere unless you’re in St Louis.
When I lived in Sandusky my go-to was Cameo Pizza but I understand that the two are owned by the same. And it was years ago, I don’t know exactly what it was like I just remember it was delicious.

Brick Oven Bistro has always been our go-to pizza when in Sandusky.

Y'all act like pizza itself is some kind of higher evolved culinary phenomenon. It's pizza. It's cheap. There's cinnamon dessert pizza.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Cameo Pizza is outstanding. My roommates and I had it delivered to the dorms a few times when we used to work as Ride Hosts.

Jake Padden
13-Tiques/Wave Swinger
12-Camp Snoopy; Tiques/Wave Swinger
11-CP & LE Railroad Platform; Cedar Creek Mine Ride; Tiques/Wave Swinger

I like Chett and Matt's pizza quite a bit. Guess I'm wrong.

Promoter of fog.

Do they serve chicken tenders?

Congress moves faster than the kitchen at Port Sandusky; they actually have a disclaimer on the door & the menus that tell you to expect 45 minutes+, which is a 30-50% understatement. How they manage to stay in business is nothing short of astonishing considering their portions and the level of food costs at present.

Last edited by We-o-we-oooo,

Girl: "l want to ride that yellow one again... Twisted Wicker"
Me: "It's a roller coaster, not a broken clothes hamper."

It’ll never cease to amaze me at how impassioned and opinionated this board gets over simple foods such as: pizza, French fries, burgers and chicken fingers.

Don't mess with comfort food!

CPVet:

...impassioned and opinionated this board gets over simple foods such as...chicken fingers

But CP chicken fingers are to die for!!!

We-o-we-oooo:

Congress moves faster than the kitchen at Port Sandusky; they actually have a disclaimer on the door & the menus that tell you to expect 45 minutes+, which is a 30-50% understatement. How they manage to stay in business is nothing short of astonishing considering their portions and the level of food costs at present.

There are quite a few reviews that say they deliberately favor locals and will make out-of-towners wait a lot longer in comparison. I can't verify this myself- I think some people got their stuff before me that came in after, but my dish was also a little more involved than simple bacon and eggs.

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

Gravy.

Jake10:

Cameo Pizza is outstanding.

I find Cameo and Chet & Matt's to be very similar which makes sense since I heard Chet and Matt broke off from the Cameo family and started their own business. I had a dreadful experience at Cameo probably 20 years ago and haven't gone back since. I usually go a couple times a season to Chet & Matt's, but probably less often since the meal plans came to be and park food offerings have improved.

I don't think Chet & Matt's is the best pizza on earth, but by Sandusky standards, it is pretty good and I think it's better than most chain pizzas out there.

-Matt

A New Point of View:

Feels like the topic has drifted away from the JR replacement...

That's ok.

Shades:
Do they serve chicken tenders?

It's a pizza joint, not a high-brow destination.

A New Point of View:
Anyway, I can see a modernized version of Fascination going in that spot.

If it would make a comeback, I'll take a hard pass on the new glow-in-the-dark version. If it's not broken...

Promoter of fog.

I assume that falls into KevinJ's "glow-in-the-dark version." Could it happen? Sure. But I suspect the arcade games will be less permanent. If I had to guess, I think I'm in agreement with RCMAC. This seems like a very late announcement, so it very well could be that the park expected JR to be there this year, but at the 11th hour they ended up not renewing (or voiding, not sure) their contract. And an easy way to fill the space with little time to develop something is to throw some arcade games in there and come back with an update in 2024.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

That would be a correct assumption, and the more I hear it explained the more the temporary stop-gap-arcade idea makes sense.

Promoter of fog.

Probably, but I'd be interested to know what went down. Presumably the end of the contract didn't catch them by surprise.

As for Chet & Matt's, for us I think we had heard so many good things about the place that when we got around to trying it we were underwhelmed relative to those expectations. Plus we're Metro Detroiters, where we have some of the best pizza in NA, so our standards are higher than those dirty Ohioans. ;-)

Brandon

In Ohio we call that a party pizza or a sheet pizza. Nothing really special about it. But if it makes the clean Michiganders feel better about themselves, then by all means call it whatever you want to.

It’s almost as if people like different things and no one is right or wrong.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service