Top Thrill Dragster 2022 Status

Awesome!

So here's the scoop on what is going on with TTD. Zamperla is not doing the update. Cedar Fair is going back to Intamin to tackle the redesign. This is for two main reasons. First, is they need Intamin's LSM launch capabilities. Second, is Intamin's Triangular track. The Top Hat will be inverted at 460ft. They need to use the double spine track which allows the extra height without adding additional supports. This would be similar to Xcelerator's top hot design but inverted.

Work behind the station is being done to accommodate for a longer launch that will be needed due to the extra height and the LSM conversion.

As for the track still being attached to the top hat, this being done for efficiency and secrecy. The lower height of the brake run and launch track are easy to reach and work on. When work begins on the top hat they will remove and replace to avoid setting up the necessary equipment twice.

After work is complete CP will reclaim the tallest roller coaster once again (by a mere 4') and also the highest inversion.

I am glad I was sitting tight for that big news.

If I've learned anything over the years, it's that you can always trust a Random Internet Person's first post, doubly so when that post is filled with bold predictions backed by zero supporting evidence.

Brandon

That was some crazy, meth-fueled rantin' right there.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

You mean that’s not true? Shoot.
Well, that’s disappointing.

Maybe it is. Sit tight.

Out of curiosity, has anything Cedar Point related ever leaked far before its announcement? I think Valraven's design/webpage did.

That post got more and more unbelievable by the sentence.

GateKeeper's blueprints leaked relatively early, though not 14 months out.

Brandon

Maverick blue print was leaked early as well.

e x i t english:

Maybe it is. Sit tight.

How much longer should I sit tight? I’ve lost my job, I’ve lost my spouse. I can’t do this for much longer.

I think its more likely Dragster gets a spike than the top hat to be inverted lol. In fact, I have a feeling the track on the top hat will remain and the only new track would be for the launch, brake run, and spike and no I don't see the spike being 500 feet. I think most would be around the height of the top hat. I think the spike would only be added to claim the tallest multi launch record and make the ride a little longer and different from the original. I think the way it would work is the first launch would only get the train about half way up the top hat (210 feet) so I don't think a spike higher than the top hat would be needed. It would just need to be high enough to where when the train comes down the spike and speeds down the launch track it can get up to 120 mph by the time it reaches the top hat so it can get over the top.. I think if anything a spike could be around the same height as the proposed Drachen Spire concept for BGW.

TheLooseGoose:

So here's the scoop on what is going on with TTD. Zamperla is not doing the update. Cedar Fair is going back to Intamin to tackle the redesign. This is for two main reasons. First, is they need Intamin's LSM launch capabilities. Second, is Intamin's Triangular track. The Top Hat will be inverted at 460ft. They need to use the double spine track which allows the extra height without adding additional supports. This would be similar to Xcelerator's top hot design but inverted.

Work behind the station is being done to accommodate for a longer launch that will be needed due to the extra height and the LSM conversion.

As for the track still being attached to the top hat, this being done for efficiency and secrecy. The lower height of the brake run and launch track are easy to reach and work on. When work begins on the top hat they will remove and replace to avoid setting up the necessary equipment twice.

After work is complete CP will reclaim the tallest roller coaster once again (by a mere 4') and also the highest inversion.

I'm so excited for this. 100 percent confirmed. This is going to be the best ride ever, even better than Frog hopper probably.

argues just for clicks

CPVet:

How much longer should I sit tight? I’ve lost my job, I’ve lost my spouse. I can’t do this for much longer

You’re obviously not sitting tight enough.

What's the verdict fellas?

Sit tight fellas ;)

How dare you assume my gender?

The mythical and ridiculous notion of an 460' inverted top hat made me wonder what they'd do in the event of a stall, given that Random Internet Person mentioned it would use the double spine track to negate the need for additional support structure, a la Xcelerator. Which, for me, naturally begs the question: has a train ever stalled on Xcelerator, and if so, how do they remedy that, given there's no catwalk from which to "advance" the train?

Brandon

Call these guys.

A crew member ascends the track in the hopes the train doesn’t roll in the direction they’re climbing, nudges the train, and descents back down ;)

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service