Top Thrill Dragster 2022 Status

djDaemon:

Sure, but a considerably lesser amount of assuming compared to assuming you could squeeze Maverick's lift hill in there.

Again I think youre misunderstanding.

The Dragster lsm launch stays the exact same length if not longer in my idea.

I did a mockup earlier in the thread. It does a curved LSM launch to the left out of the station and uses the infield for the layout.

Im saying something like this

This of course is just an example to show whay im talking about.. tower stays, nothing changes.. just a small 40mph or so launch outnof the station up a regular or curved lift hill.. into a small compact layout in the Dragster infield with a coiple inversions.. bunnies banks/twists..that then hooks around into the launch for the tower.

Totally doable. Not crazy.

Point stands. You’re delusional.

RideMan:

I understand that some company announced at IAAPA that they've come up with the *lightest* coaster chassis of any manufacturer doing launched coasters.

That's presumably Zamperla. Everything is essentially bolted on to a single piece of machined aluminum.

Regarding the variables, I'm reminded of this video where a guy changes a ton of variables to make a self balancing inverted pendulum. It's fascinating. The point is that there are many variables that go into launching a roller coaster as well, most of which exceed what's available in Rollercoaster Tycoon.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

So, I assume this method of launch is obsolete?

Or, this one is doomed for failure.

Jeff, I purposely didn't mention say who it was. 8-)

Remember, we still have no idea who might be doing the renovation work on Dragster, in spite of the fact that a single company is providing every new-for-2023 ride that Cedar Fair is adding except for the coaster at Worlds of Fun, a company which quite coincidentally has developed an all-new coaster system for launching trains at moderately high speeds and claims they can go a heck of a lot faster. All mere coincidences. There's no reason to talk about Mnzcreyn in this context. 8-)

--Dave Althoff, Jr.
Who finds it is interesting that there are multiple letter combinations in Mnzcreyn that are exactly 13 characters apart. Specifically M/Z and R/E.

Last edited by RideMan,

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

NextGen89 with all due respect I think you're really misrepresenting how wide the current dragster infield is. Its maybe 40-50' nowhere near enough room to do what you're suggesting man.

86 pages and we are still no further along In solving the mystery.

First ride; Magnum 1994

You'd think they'd be nice enough to stick a truck with a logo on the side right in front of the ride. I mean, who does that kind of thing?

GL2CP:

86 pages and we are still no further along In solving the mystery.

There is no mystery, only people unwilling to accept the obvious.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Oh neat. Disappearing posts?

You pasted a wall of marketing text from who knows where. Of course I deleted it.

e x i t english:

Point stands. You’re delusional.

Attacking the person instead of attacking the argument. This is what we call Ad Hominem, a logical fallacy.

argues just for clicks

The obvious at this point is replaced launch with LSM and lightning trains by Zamperla right? I still really lean toward a 2023 opening then.

Also, this thread really has 2003 vibes when the footers were in place and people didn't want to accept L:TH:TW:B layout.

Frog Hopper King:

Attacking the person instead of attacking the argument.

I think by "argument" you mean "fantasy."

A "vote down" {-} button would be a good future feature.

Jeff:

Frog Hopper King:

Attacking the person instead of attacking the argument.

I think by "argument" you mean "fantasy."

Hence why showing someone that their "argument" is outside of the bounds of likelihood or reality is more productive than just attacking the character of the person making a claim. But hey, if you like logical fallacies that's fine too, I guess.

argues just for clicks

Perhaps those that think the layout is getting extended provide some solid reasoning/evidence?

Of course "it could be done" but all information we have at this moment points to that not happening.

Frog Hopper King:

Attacking the person instead of attacking the argument. This is what we call Ad Hominem, a logical fallacy.

Pointing out someone's delusions isn't an attack, especially not if it references my previous reasons as to why the idea is a grand delusion, but please - do go on.

e x i t english:

Pointing out someone's delusions isn't an attack, especially not if it references my previous reasons as to why the idea is a grand delusion, but please - do go on.

Good. Cause this is a brain dead take.

The Crystal Method is the only way to find The Winner!

e x i t english:

You’re delusional.

This is a personal attack. Your post hoc rationalizing doesn't help your case.

argues just for clicks

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service