Top Thrill Dragster 2022 Status

djDaemon:

We only pounce on the unfounded, unrealistic opinions. And if a fragile snowflake can't handle their opinion being criticized, they probably shouldn't share it on the Internet, much less a discussion forum

No, maybe this site just should go private for the select few who do nothing but pounce on peoples opinion. If you notice it's the same people EVERY TIME that jump down the throats of those who have their own opinions. YOU and the others are all the fragile snowflakes who can't think outside the box because you all to SHALLOW to do so.

It's not a discussion when all you and the other select few do is rip people who have their own opinions.

Here is a thought, look in the mirror, you will see what a SNOWFLAKE looks like.

Sir, this is a Wendy's.

Brandon

djDaemon:

Sir, this is a Wendy's

Can I get a vanilla frosty please?

MagnumMatt:

It's not a discussion when all you and the other select few do is rip people who have their own opinions.

Maybe we can all just declare our favorite color?

You confuse "rip" with "challenge."

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Jeff:

Maybe we can all just declare our favorite color?

Blue

Jeff:

Touché

djDaemon:

And if a fragile snowflake can't handle their opinion being criticized, they probably shouldn't share it on the Internet, much less a discussion forum.

Funny you say that, it's not that we can't handle our opinions being criticized but when it's a select few who are criticizing the many of us EVERY TIME then I begin to wonder. Seems like this is a monopoly of a forum and if you don't agree with a select few (one of which being a co-owner of the site) then you are CHALLENGED all the time. Interesting way to run a forum, but yet it is freedom of speech and you are entitled to your opinions as are the rest of us "snowflakes".

FYI....still waiting for my vanilla frosty. You know "vanilla" to match the color of being a "snowflake".

FRAGILE I am not. Nor SNOWFLAKE I am not. Stop judging when you don't even know me.

Let me define snowflake per this forum:

Snowflake: (N) A person not in agreement with anything on this forum. (N) One who hides behind the keyboard, wandering around a forum to find someone to CHALLENGE because they can't have a face to face conversation with others. (N) A flake of snow, especially a feathery ice crystal.

Seems to me this could either way. A fragile snowflake (like yourself BTW) can't handle any one else's opinion not in alignment with your own. You live by the old saying "It's my way or the highway". Wonder how many jobs you have held in your career??? Unless you of course are the boss and if not I would assume you've had plenty since you seem to live by that statement just mentioned.

And you never asked "Do you want fries with that?".

Jeff:

djDaemon:
We only pounce on the unfounded, unrealistic opinions. And if a fragile snowflake can't handle their opinion being criticized, they probably shouldn't share it on the Internet, much less a discussion forum.

Both of you seem to confuse challenging someone's thoughts with being rude and condescending. Magnum matt is hitting the nail on the head with his post above. Disagreement is not the problem. It's speaking down to people and making them feel stupid that's the problem. This environment makes people afraid to speak their minds because they are going to be rudely yelled at. There is a difference between saying that an idea is stupid and a person is stupid for holding an idea.

NextGen89:
That ride is getting new trains, a new launch, new theming, and dun dun dun.. a layout and element change.

Personally, when I thought Intamin was involved I thought that a layout change was possible. Now that it seems as Zamperla is involved, I'm much less confident that any layout change is on the way. But I could totally be wrong. I do think a new name, and theme change are still in the cards.

Last edited by Frog Hopper King,

argues just for clicks

If you don't like the community, don't stay in it. If you're trying to be the life of the party and you're new, it won't end well.

I am so tired of y'all complaining instead of engaging.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

MagnumMatt:

Stuff

That’s an awful lot of words to try and say “I know you are, but what am I?”

It would be very amusing entertainment to witness all of y'all at a Thanksgiving dinner gathering together. It would make a good Netflix series.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Differences aside happy thanksgiving to all in this forum. Snowflake or not.

I love this forum! Happy Thanksgiving all!

Happy Thanksgiving, all! I hope everyone was able to enjoy the holiday.

Zamperla posted a new video about their lightning train this morning on their YouTube channel, and they made an interesting comment on these trains being capable of LSM acceleration of 0 to 200 kmh. For the sake of easy conversion for you all, that is approximately 124 mph. :)

"Tell me you're overhauling Top Thrill Dragster without telling me that you're overhauling Top Thrill Dragster."

If this does in fact turn out to be the case, I really hope they go with 2-across seating. Several rides last week reminded me of just how much I hate the middle seats on 4-across rides, and in fact how much I dislike >2-across seating in general.

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

^Dave, I'm wondering if anything wider than 2 across would be too much wind resistance for a TTD type coaster to be launched with the dimensions of the ride. I mean, I have no science to back that up, just speculating. It doesn't seem to withstand my "eye test".

Wind resistance may factor. Although, I suspect a wider train might affect clearance specifically during the 270° twist.

Not sure if it's been predicted yet, I think they're going to enclose all of TTD, add a meandering space theme about package delivery and re-name it 'Disasthrill Dragsport.' Years from now, when ridership drops, they'll add neon paint and sell 3D glasses for the four 3D posters they've added to the walls in the queue.

I got a couple of “unauthorized” ;) shots of Cedar Point on 11/26 from 25,000 feet. It’s clear that no additional track has been removed from TTD.

Huh, you'd think if the layout were going to change they'd have removed more track by now.

Brandon

Great pictures. I’m impressed with how blue the water is, how clear the sky is, and how far the TTD shadow stretches. Must have been getting close to sunset?

thanks for sharing.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service