Top Thrill Dragster 2022 Status

Plague on Wheels:

How is referring to Top Thrill Dragster as "Shoot the Sensor Plate", or "Top Kill Dragster" making fun of any woman?

Can we take a vote to get this guy out of here?

I would love to see a Firechaser type family coaster where Mine Ride is. Also the only thing I would change about Blue Streak is removing the pointless seatbelts that are difficult to put on.

I would love to see topper track on Blue Streak. I love that is a rough ride, but sometimes its just a little over the threshold of what most people can handle.

argues just for clicks

So would "Top Cable Shardin' Dragster" be more appropriate, since the injuries caused by the flying metal shards in that incident were minor for several people, and definitely not life altering?

Last edited by Plague on Wheels,

djDaemon:

Regarding the incident and communication from the park, what exactly are you owed? As has been pointed out, there's an exhaustive, publicly-available report for those who want to sift through the how and why. A tragic, freak accident occurred, resulting in an unimaginable injury, and as a result the park has kept the ride closed since that incident and is now modifying said ride so as to make it safer in the future. Beyond that the park doesn't owe you, or anyone other than the victim and her family, a damn thing. If their lack of accommodation to your personal curiosity or whatever is not sufficient, don't go to Cedar Fair parks anymore. They won't miss you.

Take off your rose colored, Dick Kinzel simpin', Cedar Point glasses. The Sandusky Register requested info just after the incident, but Cedar Point ignored and denied their requests. The Sandusky Register then took Cedar Point to court, after the park declined to provide key information about the accident, turned down interview requests and would not produce records of the incident. Fast forward a few months and Cedar Point is disbanding its entire private police force, Sandusky will take over.

Plague on Wheels:

Take off your rose colored, Dick Kinzel simpin', Cedar Point glasses. The Sandusky Register requested info just after the incident, but Cedar Point ignored and denied their requests. The Sandusky Register then took Cedar Point to court, after the park declined to provide key information about the accident, turned down interview requests and would not produce records of the incident. Fast forward a few months and Cedar Point is disbanding its entire private police force, Sandusky will take over.

Did you ever think maybe their lawyers told them to not say anything to any public entity to protect themselves? Let he investigation go on and let them investigators tell us what happened. I do not blame Cedar Fair one bit for any lack of communication. They were smart in my mind to keep to themselves and let the experts speak on their behalf.

MagnumMatt:

Did you ever think maybe their lawyers told them to not say anything to any public entity to protect themselves?

Yes, exactly! Now you're getting it! Unfortunately for Cedar Point protecting themselves by not disclosing info may be in violation of Ohio Rev. Code § 149.43. At least the Sandusky Register thought so when they took them to court after their requests for information were denied. This information belongs to the people, not to the famously secretive Cedar Point. In the end, this whole incident caused the city of Sandusky to take over Policing on the peninsula, becuase, you know, the way Cedar Point was handling this is illegal.

@djDaemon: The park DOES owe us a "damn thing", well, at least according to the Ohio Supreme Court ;). Below is some suggested reading for you . This isn't just a "personal curiosity" for me. And don't tell me to stay away from the park if i don't agree with their actions. I'm free to criticize the illegal actions of the park, while still being a fan and attending when I see fit.

https://www.clevescene.com/news/cedar-point-balking-at-newspaper-re...t-36613260

https://www.clevescene.com/news/cedar-point-to-disband-private-poli...r-39213663

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/top-thrill-dragster-incident-prom...ar-AAU2lOR

https://reviewtimes.com/news/339870/cedar-point-defying-court-rulin...e-records/

Last edited by Plague on Wheels,

Well, sidenote, the second webcam has been pointed back at the coaster formerly known as TTD:

https://www.cedarpoint.com/live-video

Magnum trains getting removed right now.

If that's a live feed they sure did put those removed tracks back quickly....unless I am not seeing things correctly.

Last edited by MagnumMatt,

They only removed track up to the hydraulic building, which is partially cut off at the bottom of the video.

It's a live feed...

Last edited by CoasterLine,

That's what I thought, my bad. I retract my statement!

Don't feel bad, I thought the same thing when I saw the webcam earlier today too.

I know this is the wrong thread for this but Camera 1 looks like they are beginning to make progress on the coaster they are for sure actually building this offseason

I'm more curious about Corkscrew looking like it has the blue train parked on the lift

TY!

Plague on Wheels:

In the end, this whole incident caused the city of Sandusky to take over Policing on the peninsula, becuase, you know, the way Cedar Point was handling this is illegal.

Per Sandusky's City Manager, the idea of Sandusky Police "taking over" had been talked about for the past few years. It wasn't the result of this incident, or that incident, or that one over there....it's been in the pipeline.

I would also point you to review the posting guidelines here, specifically guidelines 3 and 7. More specifically, 1) the whole idea of just being belligerent for the sake of being belligerent is a form of flaming (seeking objectionable retaliation), and also 2) the noise maker idea (guideline 7).

You can disagree until the cows come home (actually longer, since that is around sunset) about any decision the park makes. Many of us have. You can even make bad jokes.

When longer tenured members of a well-respected forum start openly asking for a rookie to be kicked off the site, it begs the question...

And no, Cedar Point doesn't owe any of us anything. Except an explanation for why they still can't deliver good Lake Erie perch. That's simply unforgiveable.

Promoter of fog.

Why are we still entertaining the troll? Sometimes if you ignore it, it’ll go away. Or even better…the mods can remove them.

Last edited by TwistedWicker77,

Firstly, I really want Dick Kinzle-shaped glasses. Please let me know where I can get my pair asap.

I love that the webcam is pointed at Dragster (or the coaster formerly known as dragster.) Hopefully, they will keep it there the whole off-season.

argues just for clicks

Plague on Wheels:

Take off your rose colored, Dick Kinzel simpin', Cedar Point glasses.

Perhaps if you were to hang out and read the room around here before launching into pugnacious, ill-informed arguments, you'd see that many around here are often critical of the park we love. And I am no fan of Kinzel, for what it's worth.

Plague on Wheels:
This isn't just a "personal curiosity" for me.

Yeah, no kidding, it's a bizarre, troubling obsession. I honestly have no idea what more you could possibly want to know about the incident that isn't contained in the massive, comprehensive report.

Brandon

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service