Top Thrill Dragster 2022 Status

^ How can it be delusional when you yourself say they will continue to invest in marquee attractions, admitting CP needs to do that. Maybe we are debating just about time frame here. One poster thinks it needs to happen now (or in 1-2 years) and another thinks it needs to happen in 4-5 years. I think there is some agreement here. I’m just confused at all the posts making it sound like CP is good to go with thrill rides, no great rides needed at all for a long long time.

It's all about maximizing the shareholder profits. That means bringing customers back, attracting new customers and increasing the number of dollars spent per customer. The combination of those three is what will drive growth in the future. You want your customers to have a pleasant experience so that they come back which means a good variety of attractions and enough capacity so that they are not spending too much time waiting in line. Also, with increased options you can attract customers to stay multiple days and hopefully in your hotels. In addition, they want enough name recognition so they can attract new customers from some of the further away areas like Chicago for example. Those people are more likely to come for multiple days and stay in your hotels.

Anyway, it's a complex formula and they spend a lot of resources planning out the capital spend many years in the future. What does this mean for TTD? I don't know, but it's important enough to them to make some investment in the ride. I'm sure they have done the analysis for what they think will be the ROI on what they are doing. At the very least, at good quality attraction that is reliable, can eat up some capacity and give the guests a good experience is what they are after.

My vote is for a new name. I never liked Top Thrill Dragster as a name. I'd vote for the following over TTD:

Rougarou 2

SkyKeeper

Shoot the Sensor Plate

White Metal Landing

Last edited by Plague on Wheels,

Oof. Too soon, man. Too soon.

Good stuff man really funny

I disagree. Someone was seriously injured, life-changing injured. Making jokes about that, even without bad intent, is in poor taste. What if that happened to one of your loved ones?

GoBucks89:

Its a write-off for them.

I understand it, and im here for it. Its newer age dark humor man. Download Tiktok. People making jokes about their too young to go husband/wife/brother/sister/mom/dad/girlfriend/boyfriend recently dieing from something unexpected is literally a social media trend.

Making light of extremely dark, sad, and debilitating things is refuge to alot of people. Spoon full of sugar makes the medicine go down type of stuff.

Being an asshole is not a new thing.

Brandon

I'm only suggesting that Cedar Fair name its attractions more appropriately for what kind of experience they actually deliver. I push for accountability for this large publicly traded company with big financial backers. It has everything to do with the life-changing injury to someone's loved one. It's not too soon. Now is the time for change. Something needs to change.

Have YOU read the 620 page report? What are your opinions? Is more transparency needed in the Ohio Department of Agriculture's inspection process? What would you change the name of the ride to?

https://www.scribd.com/document/559810629/2022-02-18-Cedar-Point-Me...l-Dragster

Last edited by Plague on Wheels,

I didn't read the report. And although I didn't, my understanding from the announcement made when the report was released was that Cedar Point wasn't criminally liable. I don't believe it was ever announced they weren't liable though. They were cleared of wrongdoing, but not liability. My opinion, both Cedar Point and the manufacturer are liable. I can't say who is more liable though because I didn't read the report and even if I did, I'm no engineer so I doubt I'd understand it. If I had to guess, I'd say it was a combination of both: bad design (manufacturer) and improper maintenance (CP).

Accountability? I don't believe CP is trying to pass the buck here. They've dealt with a PR nightmare, and I'm sure they'll be paying a 7-figure settlement. They've also decided to retire the ride in it's current form. Had this not happened, it would be probably still be operating as it did before.

As for the name, I honestly don't know. That's for their marketing department to decide. My only point about that was, if it were my loved one, I wouldn't like to hear someone making jokes about the name that reference what happened to them. Perhaps I'm just old school.

Last edited by Scott Cameron,

NextGen89:

I understand it, and im here for it. Its newer age dark humor man. Download Tiktok. People making jokes about their too young to go husband/wife/brother/sister/mom/dad/girlfriend/boyfriend recently dieing from something unexpected is literally a social media trend.

Making light of extremely dark, sad, and debilitating things is refuge to alot of people. Spoon full of sugar makes the medicine go down type of stuff.

If there's anything I don't want to be part of, it's the "new social media trend" get out of here with that BS.

I understand dark. I understand dark humor. I understand horror. I understand shock value. This ain't any of those things. Dark humor is only considered humor when it's funny. Dude's post was a swing and a miss.

I don't know what's more offensive to the loved one's loved ones. Suggesting a tongue-in-cheek name change to the ride that points out that it once had flying metal pieces cascading off of it, or suggesting that a PR nightmare plus a seven figure settlement is enough punishment for CP. If I were a loved one of the loved one, I'd be pissed. The more eyes on all parties responsible for this preventable incident, the better.

If I were a loved one, as part of my seven figure plus settlement, I would also push for CP to change the name permanently to "Top Kill Dragster", as a warning to all those who dare stand under it as it's trains pass overhead with metal projectile plates bolted to it's sides.

Think you should just sit the rest of this one out

Man, don't cut yourself on all that edge.

Being an asshole is not a new thing

How is it some don’t get run for language like this and others who use far less language do? Seems pretty one sided to me, just sayin. Doesn’t this break the rules of the site? Item #2 set forth in the posting guidelines…..

Last edited by MagnumMatt,

I bet you were the guy that raised his hand in class to point out someone passing notes or chewing gum.

No one likes a snitch.

Plague on Wheels:

Said stuff

That has got to be one of the most offensive and insensitive things I have ever read. And I read internet comments.

Plague on Wheels:

Have YOU read the 620 page report?

Yes. Have you?

June 11th, 2001 - Gemini 100
VertiGo Rides - 82
R.I.P. Fright Zone, and Cyrus along with it.

e x i t english:

I bet you were the guy that raised his hand in class to point out someone passing notes or chewing gum.

No one likes a snitch.

Lol dude, your right, none of us saw that post until he pointed it out. We all missed it. It's pretty lame to resort to personal attacks.

Last edited by Frog Hopper King,

argues just for clicks

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service