Top Thrill Dragster 2022 Status

I suppose that could be misleading on purpose. Technically a "strata" is also a "giga" and if they said strata in their post that would be a giveaway. It is starting to look more and more like they might be replacing all the track but we will know for sure very soon if they start removing track from the tower. If that is a giga for somewhere I'm curious to see where and if it's a raptor or not.

At the rate that they are working, if they are indeed removing all the track, then we should see signs of that this upcoming weekend.

True, perhaps that's why RMC said there would be more info later this week. They will want to announce it before people show up at the park and see track missing on the tower.

I assume if they build a giga, it would be T Rex track and not Raptor track. And probably a brand new installation. But I've been wrong a lot in my life. It seems as though throughput would be a deciding factor for wherever that Giga would be going and Raptor track as a single seat wide train compared to T Rex and the double wide seat train, T Rex is the obvious choice.

Edit: I don't mean CP is building a ln RMC Giga. I'm saying RMC could be building a Giga...anywhere. Not necessarily CP.

Last edited by vwhoward,

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

RMC gonna convert TTD into a rail coaster?

RMC gonna convert TTD into a hybrid Wood coaster. Steel structure, wooden track.

Isn't T-Rex Track designed to have longer spans between connections and supports? If so, it would be unlikely that the TTD structure would be able to support replacing the existing TTD track with T-Rex, let alone if they were adding track. Plus, if I'm Cedar Fair, after the SV experience I would be a bit hesitant to work with RMC on anything that hasn't been fully developed.

Also, they wouldn't have carefully organized and stacked TTD's components if they weren't being reused, so there's that.

Brandon

I’m sure that increasing reliability is at the forefront of Cedar Point’s decision to go with a manufacturer or launch technology. They’re not going to go through all this trouble only to end up with something that’s just as unreliable as the original Dragster. This won’t be an unproven ride system.

maverickDude:

Technically a "strata" is also a "giga"...

No, technically, it's all made-up marketing stuff. "Giga-" is a prefix for units to indicate a billion, and there's nothing billion-ish about any roller coaster ever. The use of that term makes science literate people itchy.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

I'm a science guy and somehow it doesn't make me feel itchy. Interesting that the term giga has its roots in Greek where it meant giant.

To clarify, I'm not proposing that CP is doing any of this. I was making conversation about RMC and their Giga tease. That is probably destined for anywhere other than CP.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

I too am in the sciences, and if every misuse of a technical term resulted in itchiness, I would need to carry around a suitcase full of EpiPens.

Brandon

^Shades, I agree. They went hyper, giga, strata. So I never really thought about giga in the billion sense and always thought of it more in the giant sense. If they went mega, giga, tera, I could see it.

What if this new RMC Giga is going to Universal's new Epic Universe park and they will bring back the Back to the Future IP for this park and this new coaster is called Gigawatt? (or jiggawatt as pronounced in the BTTF-verse). Highly doubtful of that too but would be awesome and a good way to revive the IP for in-park use. I have heard rumors and speculation of BTTF being revived for Epic. Or maybe the Giga is just a concept that will be shown at the IAAPA expo and nobody has actually purchased one yet. I think we're still yet to see an RMC T-Rex Installation.

Last edited by Thabto,

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Honestly. I think the RMC Reddit “hint” was a joke in the same way the 500’ aquatraxx “tease” CP did at the winter event a few years ago was. Especially considering the rest of the thread they were adamant about not talking about future projects.

Jeff:

The use of that term makes science literate people itchy.

I get itchy when I stand in line and listen to the GP talk. Is that something I should I talk to my doctor about?

Only if it results in an erection lasting more than four hours.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

gross

argues just for clicks

I'm beginning to think that they're disassembling it so carefully so each piece can be scrapped properly. For example each brake fin motor is being placed on a wodden palate, photographed, logged, and sold to the highest bidder on industrial machinery marketplaces. Lots of use for these types of motors in factories around the globe.

The only reimagining of TTD there will be, is reimagining of the shareholders bank accounts after they are done selling each piece off. I'll definitely bid on some of the more recognizable sections, like the light tree used at the start of the launch. Or the MPH electronic sign that was always juiced up anyways by 5-10 MPH. I'll install it in my backyard to see how fast my dirt bike goes :)

If they were removing valuable components for use elsewhere, as they did with WT, there's no reason they wouldn't have then simply torched track into pieces small enough to fit in a scrap bin, as they did with WT. Instead they invested their resources into trucking track off site where they took great care in sorting and stacking everything.

Brandon

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service