Top Thrill Dragster 2022 Status

^ and make the ride insurable again by addressing all of the known and/or perceived safety issues (risks associated with cable snap), not just the one that caused last year's accident.

MasterD, you're making an assumption that the flag (part that came off) had something to do with the launch. Are you certain that is the case? My assumption has been it was for the brake run. I could be wrong. Anyone have the correct info on this?

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

I'm nearly certain it was a brake run issue which is why all this talk of a new launch really confuses me.

I feel like we are going to see very little change with Dragster. I have no doubt it will open next year, given that they are advertising Wild Mouse as their 18th roller coaster in all of their marketing announcements. If they were removing Dragster, I doubt they would be voluntarily including that tidbit. I think they left it closed this season because the investigation left them unable to make any changes to the current layout or do offseason maintenance on the trains. I predict it reopening quietly on opening day with a modified queue line, and maybe some small changes to the trains to avoid future accidents with this particular piece.

I will always believe I helped name my #1 favorite coaster... Steel Vengeance. :)
https://pointbuzz.com/Forums/Topic/mean-streak-gets-the-axe-in-sept...2/8#563605

1. Steel Vengeance 2. Iron Rattler 3. El Toro 4. Verbolten 5. Maverick

Sitnam said:

I predict it reopening quietly on opening day

Pretty sure it rarely (if ever) made it for Opening Day even in a normal year

Hahaha too true!

Visiting the park today and holy survey markings. They have them all over from the exit area of the ride all the way down to the tower area, across to the Magnum bathrooms, and the pretzel stand. The model dragster car at the exit is indeed gone, as is the launch cable, but I recall the car being removed before in the past so I chalk that up to mean nothing.

Sitnam said:

I have no doubt it will open next year, given that they are advertising Wild Mouse as their 18th roller coaster in all of their marketing announcements.

Since they made the announcement, they kind of had to call it their 18th coaster. They haven't made the TTD announcement either way yet so they have no choice but to call it a coaster at the moment. All of that can change.

Joe

I strongly suspect that with the park now being closed throughout the week we may soon(ish) get an answer as to the fate of TTD one way or the other. They’ve always tried to get work done during the off-days in the Fall with other projects and I think TTD may be another example of this.

Or not. That’s the fun of speculation.

Launch cable removed, wires cut/disconnected under the launch, dragster car removed, survey markings everywhere, those beautiful big shrubberies at the station hacked away...

That explains it. The Knights who say Ni are running the show.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

The cut/disconnected wires as seen on FB certainly doesn't bode well.

Brandon

Well, it’s official. TTD is being retired.

While that’s not surprising, “a new and reimagined ride experience “ certainly is.

Please exit to your left, but this is not the end of your speculation thread if you don’t wish to exit.

Gemini 100- 6/11/01

As I’ve stated previously- that tower isn’t going anywhere. The rest of the ride is. Debate all you want- that announcement clearly says a “new, reimagined ride experience”.

You can’t “reimagine” a ride experience unless some components are staying. Rebrand, retheme, rename. Let the discussion now transition back to 2002- we no longer will have a Launch. Top hat. Brake.

Well, my prediction of small changes isn't coming true, but it looks like the ride itself will be staying put after all. Sounds like extensive modification and retheme to me. Makes sense with as much effort and cost it would probably be to remove that thing from the middle of the park... not quite as easy as the collapsing it on the beach demo that they have gotten use to lately.

I will always believe I helped name my #1 favorite coaster... Steel Vengeance. :)
https://pointbuzz.com/Forums/Topic/mean-streak-gets-the-axe-in-sept...2/8#563605

1. Steel Vengeance 2. Iron Rattler 3. El Toro 4. Verbolten 5. Maverick

"new and reimagined ride experience" and "as you know it". They really don't want the speculation to end.

Retired, as we know it. Weird wording. If all this LSM speculation turned our to be correct, color me surprised. I wonder what "a new and reimagined ride experience means"? A lot left to speculate on.

Joe

”…. Share more details at a later date.”

Pure speculation, a thought that just occurred to me. Is it possible there will in fact be an LSM launch added, with a reduction in the height of the top hat? To account for the length of the launch track. Something akin to Storm Runner? I believe that is an LSM launch, correct?

Does this mean CP is working with Intamin again? (not by will)

And I wonder if this is something that will be ready for next year?

Weather Freak
Ride Warrior

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service