Who has been to the park this week?

I’ve been looking at the cams and the crowds look super low! Wishing I was there!!

I was there yesterday evening, and can confirm it was not crowded at all. Maverick line was at the bottom of the stairs, Mine ride, Gemini and Magnum were walk on. Almost got a solo ride on Magnum.

I was today. Millennium was a walk on or at most, 1 train wait most of the day if you were not picky about your seat.

Reminded me of Millennium Mania. :) Good times.

June 11th, 2001 - Gemini 100
VertiGo Rides - 82
R.I.P. Fright Zone, and Cyrus along with it.

I could be there if I wasn't sitting in a way to hot classroom in a school that starts back way sooner than it needs to. First week back to work is kicking my butt.

^^Millennium Mania was easily the best time I've ever had at C.P.

That's when I learned that marathoning Raptor is a terrible idea.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Seven rides without getting out of my seat on Raptor nearly rendered me useless for the remainder of the day. I think that may have been the last time I rode it.

Was at the park yesterday; didn't start riding until essentially 5 since I spent the first half of the day at CP Shores, but even then the park was the least crowded I've seen in eons. Felt like an early season weekday or Bonus Weekends before Halloweekends really exploded in popularity.

Magnum was a literal walk-on as long as you didn't want the front seat. Steel Vengeance was the shortest line I've ever seen for it, the line didn't really start until the metal detectors and was probably ten minutes tops. Did it two times back to back, could've easily gotten a third, but insert Keanu whoa here, for much the same reason as Raptor SteVe is a wee bit intense to marathon.

Maverick actually wound up being the longest wait of the day, probably closer to 20-30 minutes. Millennium was probably in the vicinity of 15-20 with all three trains going. Valravn and Gatekeeper were walk-ons, didn't make it onto Raptor, but yeah, if I had started riding earlier in the day I could've gotten an absurd amount of rides in.

Jeff said:

That's when I learned that marathoning Raptor is a terrible idea.

You got that right.

I'm 62 and that ride (while fun) is the flower of '1980's technology. I very rarely ride it.

I rode the Maverick last week and YIKES! It's a wonderful ride although it might no longer be for me. My back still bloody hurts! Of course, it may have been a combination of the Magnum, Blue Streak, Magnum, and MF.

Next time I'm taking Ibuprofen well before I go to the park.

Queue Times is showing some pretty long wait times today. But the cams also show some clouds and drizzle, so my guess is the weather policy has everything down to one train. Which, as has been discussed ad nauseum around here, is unnecessary/safety theater *and* is poor guest service.

To be clear, I don't think Raptor is poorly designed, it's just a lot to ride repeatedly. Ditto for Banshee at KI, which I admit is a better ride. I put Montu at Busch Tampa in the same category. It's just the genre. Talon, at Dorney, is the only inverted B&M that I think I could sit on. Maybe the old Ice Dragon at IOA.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

I got up early this morning to head to CP but changed my mind. Typically Labor Day isn’t the worst day to go and on a solo trip I usually don’t care what I do there anyway, but it was raining outside my window this morning. Still is. And weather in Sandusky looks bad-ish starting at 11a.
Oh well. Maybe I’ll snag a Halloweekends Thursday.

Jeff said:

To be clear, I don't think Raptor is poorly designed, it's just a lot to ride repeatedly. Ditto for Banshee at KI, which I admit is a better ride. I put Montu at Busch Tampa in the same category. It's just the genre. Talon, at Dorney, is the only inverted B&M that I think I could sit on. Maybe the old Ice Dragon at IOA.

Talon yes, but I don't even think I could have marathoned either of the Dragons when they were still around. Great Bear at Hershey is also pretty rerideable compared to the others from the era.

I actually prefer B&M inverts on a one-and-done basis. From the Batmans to Montu to Black Mamba to Banshee- they are all packed with thrills and tend to be quite forceful- everything we might desire in a roller coaster. But I’m ok with one ride, maybe two per visit and I see nothing wrong with that. I feel like maybe it’s a swap, quality for quantity, and we shouldn’t feel required to marathon those rides.
(I’ve said this before but I’m also in the Too Many Raptors club. During it’s first week I rode it 24 times in a day and couldn’t walk the next)

Last edited by RCMAC,

RCMAC said:

I got up early this morning to head to CP but changed my mind. Typically Labor Day isn’t the worst day to go and on a solo trip I usually don’t care what I do there anyway, but it was raining outside my window this morning. Still is. And weather in Sandusky looks bad-ish starting at 11a.
Oh well. Maybe I’ll snag a Halloweekends Thursday.

I've been here since open and it's only sprinkled for a minute or two. The crowds are definitely lighter today than a normal Labor Day, with the longest wait being 20 minutes.

I really liked my 43 Raptors in a row without getting off. The only reason I stopped at 43 was the park closed. Loved every minute of it.

Mariah Carey has.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

vwhoward said:

Mariah Carey has.

I was just going to say that! Yep, Mariah Carey was at the park yesterday. There are pictures on Twitter. :-)

Shades said:

I really liked my 43 Raptors in a row

Try not to ride anymore Raptors on the way to the parking lot!

SarahB1863 said:

vwhoward said:

Mariah Carey has.

I was just going to say that! Yep, Mariah Carey was at the park yesterday. There are pictures on Twitter. :-)

I wonder if, when she screams on coasters, she does it in an octave only wild animals can hear.

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service