Top Thrill Dragster 2022 Status

While we're on the topic of music - compression is bad, but I can't deny that some pop music is ultra-catchy. That's because the formula works. It's OK because some of us can see through it. I'm a bit biased (I may or may not play in a 90's cover band), but I really think music peaked in the 1990's/early 2000's. So much of that music still holds up today. My SiriusXM is almost always tuned to Lithium.

Anyway - here's my contribution for some really good music. I use this to test/demo any sound equipment I may be playing with because of its range and clarity. Porcupine Tree - Trains

Seeing some great ones here.

The Last Stand and Red Barron are up there.

No Bullets Fly is also good.

Dan you hit it on the nose though, Sabaton is a history focused artist. I appreciate them as much for the history they are documenting (quite uniquely) as for the music.

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

Rusty said:

It never ceases to amaze me the variety of non-CP topics people will get into pissing matches over in these forums! Why is it that everything that people have differing opinions on has to turn into an "I know more than you and you are an imbecile" contest?

It never ceases to amaze me how people confuse disagreement with "pissing matches."

And I do enjoy the Lithium. Discovery of new things (via US media) is a hard problem to solve. It favors homogeny.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Alt Nation and XMU are my favorite discovery channels on SiriusXM. Hell, these days you don't even need a subscription, just go to a website called XM Playlist, select your channel of choice, select most heard in the last 30 days, and you'll have a good selection of music to check out at your leisure on your streaming service of choice.

Yeah, AltNation has been guilty of the homogeny (so much ****ty emo), but the peripheral app channels especially, and XMU, help a lot.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

On topic: there's information on here about the cable having been removed, with a few former mechanics chiming in on how it was to change and more... interesting read without the Sirius/xm side chatter

https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/comments/x1pxr0/top_thrill_...have_been/

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

e x i t english said:

...I can't deny that some pop music is ultra-catchy. That's because the formula works. It's OK because some of us can see through it.

Yes, agreed. People who turn up their noses to modern American pop remind me of food snobs. I love a super high end meal as much as anyone, but can also appreciate a simple, delicious burger as well. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

Brandon

I remember discussions about the cable swap at Winter chillout the second year I went (2021). It's quite the process. I don't know what the park is doing but seeing them start on that cable swap procedure before the cold winter months get here so it's ready for next season makes a lot of sense to me if they are seriously reopening it. I was glad to see someone ask about the cold weather and someone else answer that it shouldn't hurt the cable to be out in the elements because that was my concern.

I'd be curious if we see that procedure continue (PMs and service) over the upcoming months. If they can expand it out and get some of it done before winter that would definitely lean towards reopen in my mind.

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

^ When they discussed the swap process, anything mentioned about how long it takes for the replacement to be put in?

From the outside looking in, I would have guessed the swap would be simultaneous.

Beer and golf Thursday thru Monday, Cedar Point & beer, Tuesday and Wednesday.

Can you see One-Eyed-Willie from the top of Magnum?

They can get it done in 1 night working around the clock. However if it’s opening next year I would think they would just leave it without the cable for next year.

Last edited by bigdude1,

Agreed. Why do anything with it now. Either wait and remove it when the ride comes down. Or replace it in the offseason as part of the normal refurb if it is being brought back to life.

It seems like a leap to believe that removing the cables means they're going to install a new set.

Yep, I would imagine if the ride were to be dismantled, the cable would be the 1st to go. It could go either way.

Last edited by DRE420,

Seems like a leap to come to any conclusion based solely on the cable removal.

Brandon

LSM conversion CONFIRMED!!!1111!!1!!

Given Cedar Fair bought a park to close it, I don't think its a leap at all to say they would replace a launch cable on a ride before said ride is torn down. ;)

As far as removing the cable goes, I think it’s more likely that they are preparing to remove the ride, than to simply replace the cable. If they can replace it overnight, why would they take it out and leave it out?

I’m coming out of the woodwork after nearly two years away from this site to say it would be the sweetest, most hysterical turn of events if TTD were to be converted to an LSM launch if only for the fact that certain people on this site were so adamant for years about Mantis never being converted into a floorless and Mean Streak never being RMC’d “because there would be no ROI” was typically the go-to reasoning…

Granted, it’s most likely not happening, it would just be really funny. (And yes, it’s possible, space constraints notwithstanding - the LSMs could be ran partially up the tower if need be).

0g said:

If they can replace it overnight, why would they take it out and leave it out?

Because they have other priorities right now. Assuming the ride is coming back next season, there's plenty of time to install a new cable during the offseason when doing so wouldn't interfere with maintenance of rides that are currently operating.

Brandon

That is what does not make sense. If they have other priorities, why bother to take it out now? If it is being torn down why take out the cable now? If it is staying why take out the cable now? What purpose does taking the cable out now serve?

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service