The Boardwalk - New for 2023

Chuck Wagon said:

The Zamperla web page says the capacity is around 680 pph which is not amazing, but pretty good for a wild mouse. For comparison, Wicked Twister was 1000 pph and Wildcat was 900.

I tend to think of collections of small-ish rides as one entity in terms of capacity. So instead of 4 rides of low capacity, the area is "one attraction" with decent overall capacity.

Brandon

Like the addition, however wished they had incorporated some new flat rides. Zamperla has a nice catalog, they are already purchasing quite a bit from them for 2023. An Endeavour &/or Hawk would have fit into the theme nicely.

Last edited by MCQ,

My skepticism about Zamperla was somewhat justified. They indicated on Facebook that it's their first of that model.

Last edited by Jeff,

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

MCQ said:

Like the addition, however wished they had incorporated some new flat rides. Zamperla has a nice catalog, they are already purchasing quite a bit from them for 2023. An Endeavour &/or Hawk would have fit into the theme nicely.

I'll agree with that, just looked through it and an Endeavour would be a nice modernized replacement for Witches' Wheel, and while I'm not sure I personally would ride it, a Power Surge or any of their Air Racers would visually look pretty awesome if they went all in on a lighting package.

What I also appreciate as I've been losing my tolerance for lateral G's with age, is that they've got a lot of rides with the dominant motion being up and down, like the Nebulaz, that both look visually impressive and are something I'd actually ride. Hopefully either way the mouse goes in well and works well and it's good experience so they're more inclined to bring in some modernized flats at some point.

Carowinds is the lucky recipient of all the best new flats, with the Disk’O, Air Race, and Nebula. They win.
Maybe… I talked to a park man once who said Zamp flats are often fraught with trouble and dealing with them wasn’t easy. At least we know the Scrambler, Matterhorn, and Calypso are reliable.

Jeff, I'm glad you mentioned that Facebook post. I was looking around the Internet last night trying to see if this model of the Zamperla "Twister Coaster" was installed anywhere else and couldn't find it anywhere. There are tons of installs of their standard model, including one that opened at the Columbus Zoo last year (Tidal Twist).

There also appears to be just one custom model Zamperla twister at a mall in Turkey (Link)

Last edited by Chuck Wagon,

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

I quite enjoy the coming soon sign for Tidal Twist making sure you know you aren't going to find a ride like it at Cedar Point or Kings Island.

People that are questioning why they are moving flats to the boardwalk instead of adding flats are missing and important factor.Staffing.I don’t think CP has the staff to support multiple new rides.Wild Mouse and Dragster need to be staffed next year along with the grand pavilion.

I really hope someone like Tony Clark never visits these forums. Im embarrassed as a Cedar Point fan...some of these ideas...I really question IQ...or you have to be under 16. Or people claiming they called it...I mean I guess if that makes you feel good about yourself....and whoever said remove power tower....worst idea i've read....I hope it was a joke and most of these are just fooling around...cause it is brutal...this forum use to be the best one...now it looks like a mix of old guys that know it all and kids that just make up things and are never satisfied...lol at people saying just pick upand move major rides....shoot lets move milenimum force while were at it..shoot lets pick up cedar point and move it too. Make this forum the forum it was...admins im calling you out.

also to fans of the nebulaz. I don't want to ruin it for you...but they are overrated...rode coney islands...looks cool. but its comparable to a childs ferris wheel. Wouldn't be upset if they never added one.

also tony clark and guy from zamperla had a live instagram and said its the first of its kind...google does exist holy moly

CPFAN, change your name to ellipsis fan as soon as possible.

Didn't realize that Zamperla may or may not have a reputation for their flats being not the most reliable, so been trying to see who all else is even out there nowadays since Huss IIRC was the biggest and they apparently went out of business in their original form not long after MaxAir was built. I see there's still -a-Huss but it looks like a Hungarian company that may have bought the intellectual property and not the original German company.

Mondial is a name I've heard before and they still have a decent-looking catalogue. The "Escape" caught my eye, one for having an inclined platform not unlike Calypso, but then the individual car motion reminding me an awful lot of the Mace Ride from RCT2.

Seems like they sort of took the “Lost Kennywood” page out of Kennywood’s playbook. I like the concept in general, but I have mixed feelings. It does provide a nice expanded area where families with younger kids can spend a good bit of time, but I like the idea of using the flat rides to break things up a bit throughout the park. I hope that parts of the pavilion are accessible from the Breakers without requiring park admission, as my adult children are in wheelchairs so they sometimes just hang out around The Breakers while I go into the park. The Grand Pavilion would give them another place to hang without having to pay for admission to the park. But I don’t know how feasible that would be.

Mondial built the Windseeker rides, as well as the the ride that replaced Windseeker at Knotts, the Sol Spin https://www.knotts.com/rides-experiences/sol-spin

Cedar Point fandom is similar to television. Some folks start watching a show, and come up with their own ending that they think is best; and when the showrunners do something else, everyone ****s on it

Been visiting yearly with my now wife to celebrate our anniversary since 2010. Proposed on top of Valravn in '17 during the Sunrise Thrills Tour. Proud owner of two bricks in the Legacy Walk and have a piece of Wicked Twister

Those are called Drama Dots…

CPFAN26 said:

I really hope someone like Tony Clark never visits these forums. Im embarrassed as a Cedar Point fan...some of these ideas...I really question IQ...or you have to be under 16. Or people claiming they called it...I mean I guess if that makes you feel good about yourself....and whoever said remove power tower....worst idea i've read....I hope it was a joke and most of these are just fooling around...cause it is brutal...this forum use to be the best one...now it looks like a mix of old guys that know it all and kids that just make up things and are never satisfied...lol at people saying just pick upand move major rides....shoot lets move milenimum force while were at it..shoot lets pick up cedar point and move it too. Make this forum the forum it was...admins im calling you out.

2 things..First off, you're 1000% correct unfortunately, as I read some post and geez some people seem to totally come off negative on others comments and carry an "I know it all" approach. Turning a fun place like an amusement park more into a girth contest. I oftentimes won't comment to certain individuals with the holier-than-thou attitudes.Second, the Social Media team do read these messages from time to time, which I know for a fact and I often have to say to them "Hey I love CP, but im not the overtly obsessed one that rains on any idea y'all have about the park that I don't like", to which I've been told that it gets to be "too much".I'm sure I'll get negative comments to this, because well, the reason I stated in the first part. But it would just be nice to have conversations and valued opinions.Heck, a few people went on a run about how remodeling the bathrooms wouldn't add anything and were basically not a need or a dumb idea, which is one of the craziest things ever. Clean facilities can help generate an ROI, the same way consistently filthy ones can negatively impact it. I went into the front bathrooms last Wednesday and there was an odor and a sea of water being splashed around, if I was a germaphobe, I wouldn't return if this was the norm.

"Norm" likely had digestive issues after indulging in 4 meals that day on the Dining Plan.

Wait, CP has a "Social Media Team"? Perhaps they can better be utilized cleaning a restroom.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service