Cedar Point 2023

The really hope a flat ride like Hersheypark's Mix'd is a part of the boardwalk. This is the coolest flat ride I have seen in a long time. Looks like a lot of fun, and fun to watch.```

I rode the one of these that they have at Luna Park at Coney Island, and it's not too bad. I'm a big flat ride fan, and I would welcome a dozen more flat rides at the park before they add another coaster.

That being said, this flat ride is way more fun to watch than it is to ride, but you definitely need some of those for people who have families and whatnot.

Last edited by GDdashROM,

I can see what you mean about it being more fun to watch than ride. Another problem I can see is I'm sure the capacity is very low.

32 riders at a time is not bad at all. No different than the scrambler. I like this flat ride as it does not look like a puke machine. I have no clue how people handle ones that spin crazy fast.

Sure, but this would be a "new" ride that would get much more action than Scrambler. Moreover, I could be wrong but it appears that it would have to load in sections like monster. So it wouldn't have comparable capacity. The ride does look fun and unique though.

mgou58 said:

...interestingly the chain link fence itself is covered limiting visibility. Unlike when Valravn parts were staged there they didn’t add a fence cover.

I wonder if the covering is something Sandusky now requires, or if it's just to help with the aesthetics being next door to Express. I mean, it's not as if the fence covering prevents prying eyes/cameras from seeing what's inside and sharing it online.

Brandon

Was at the park yesterday and the Dippin' Dots guy told me they are adding a chain lift to Dragster. Oh boy cant wait.

On a serious note, I love that Cedar Point has been adding new eateries and restrooms. Pumped for this new addition! Hope there are some new flat rides or a small coaster too

The Crystal Method is the only way to find The Winner!

Cedar Pointer said:

Was at the park yesterday and the Dippin' Dots guy told me they are adding a chain lift to Dragster. Oh boy cant wait.

Ok, they are not going to do that. I don't know where your friend got his source from but that is just stupid. That chain lift would take forever.

argues just for clicks

Some people need a sarcasm emoji.... or it goes right over their head. ;)

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

I think Frog Hopper King is just mad that this new building wont have a frog hopper inside of it. sorry

Cedar Pointer said:

I think Frog Hopper King is just mad that this new building wont have a frog hopper inside of it. sorry

NOW YOU'RE TALKING MY LANGUAGE.

I have it on good authority that frog hopper is coming back in a big way.

argues just for clicks

Top Thrill Hopper- 420 foot Frog Hopper?

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

I heard that they are adding frog hopper to the top thrill dragster structure. Jersey Style baby

XS NightClub said:

Top Thrill Hopper- 420 foot Frog Hopper?

You had the chance and missed it. HOP thrill dragster.

First ride; Magnum 1994

I like the idea of a Gold Striker re-location, but it seems too soon for that to happen and the footprint doesn't seem like a good fit for Cedar Point's beach location.

My guess is that it will be a custom GCI wooden coaster. Seems like Cedar Fair has been happy with the other GCI installs throughout the chain, so I don't see another wooden coaster manufacturer being selected over them.

Cyclone was the name of the wooden coaster on the beach in the 1930's and 1940's. So they could use that name or some sort of derivative name. I would imagine it being painted all white like many other boardwalk wooden coasters.

GCI has built coasters that are both tighter wood twister type layouts (Apocalypse, American Thunder) as well as many more out-and-back style twisting coasters. Seem like there are a lot of options depending on what they want the footprint to be and how far down the beach it could go.

Edit: Also this advertisement is literally a picture of the old Cyclone.

Last edited by Chuck Wagon,

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Taken from the Grand Pavilion…

Honestly a coaster the size of Gold Stricker wouldn't fit that well on that side of the park. I've always thought a GCI would fit well where cedars used to be. Entrance where wild cat used to sit. There is a good amount of space next to Valravn

The Sandusky Register obtained exclusive footage of the higher-ups at Cedar Point discussing what to do with the newly fenced-in area next to Breakers Express:

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/what-to-do-with-travi...ea/2860783

Promoter of fog.

its a hard life when ya got a fenced in area

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service