Anyone at the park today?

So maybe 2 Intamin launched coasters get the ax this year…

Hopefully everyone is ok. I’m seeing a lot of reports someone was hurt in the queue.

ROUNDABOUND.

Cartwright, how could even relate the gold pass to this fight? Platinum Passers are the worst.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

Article about Paramedics on scene. Just says an incident happened. No further details given. Edit: Just updated: A metal piece came off a train and struck a female guest in the queue.

I'm not sure if the debris hit someone on board or on the ground. But as for the fight incident earlier, it was reported that the park paramedics were sent out to the person who was assaulted. TTD had a really bad day today.

Last edited by Thabto,

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

I have little faith in the integrity of what folks write on the FB groups, but there are several posts about someone in the queue of TTD getting struck by "something". That something could be a lot of things, including something a rider was carrying.

Promoter of fog.

There's an article already from the Sandusky Register...

https://sanduskyregister.com/news/337270/paramedics-on-scene-at-ced...ym2aODborU

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

I linked that article a few minutes ago in my previous post.

And here's one from WEWS: https://www.news5cleveland.com/entertainment/cedar-point/woman-wait...p-E4ItFFuQ

Last edited by Thabto,

Brian

True, but it had been updated since your original post. ;)

Scary stuff. Some of us have been around here long enough to remember when one of the decorative tires flew off the ride.

Interesting it happened coming back; the launch is typically associated with incidents on this ride.

Just terrible; hope she is OK.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

Unconfirmed reports on social media that the victim has passed away at the hospital.

Here is an article from Channel 19 that includes a little more detail, still not much more but apparently someone noticed something odd and was shouting to stop the ride. : https://www.cleveland19.com/2021/08/16/stop-ride-stop-ride-1-injure...y7Azi5-AMQ

Last edited by Thabto,

Brian

Kevin- I remember that. That was nuts and it was damn lucky it didn’t kill someone.

ROUNDABOUND.

Webcam, crowd looks light today. The Tuesdays, Wednesdays, & Thursdays of the 2 weeks before Labor Day were my favorite for ride short lines.

number of times to Cedar Point:50s/60s/70s/80s-3,1995-1,1996-27,1997-18,1998-13,1999-20,2000-16,2001-8,2002-7,2003-18,2004-14,2005-18,2006-28,2007-16,2008-17,2009-28,2010-26,2011-27,2012-21,2013-18,2014-24,2015-29,2016-46,2017-13,2018-14,2019-10,2020-0,2021-3 Running Total-483 72,000 miles traveled for the point.

Sorry to nitpick; we're just under 3 weeks until Labor Day, so your comment technically doesn't apply yet. But I suspect next week will still be similar. Last year I went over to the park for the "bonus weekend" the week after Labor Day, which was historically a great weekend at the park, especially on the Sunday. But on Saturday we waited in a line across the causeway just to get to the parking lot, and the rest is history. The days of lighter crowds at the end of summer seem to be gone, at least for now.

Last edited by Dvo,

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Lots of schools starting up this week. Have checked queue-times a bit today and waits are back to reasonable across the board, at least today. Actually some of the shortest I have seen all season.

Yesterday queue-times looked horrific, but I noticed light rain so I imagine they had gone to single train ops on most rides because #cedarpoint

I have never been more pleasantly suprised by a day Cedar Point than I was today. After dozens of trips the past few years of way too many people constantly in the park, poor operations, long food/drink lines, i finally had a great day at the park. The park was pretty close to dead the entire day. Short lines on almost everyride. Walked on lots of rides that used to almost always have ahorter lines. Longest line I waited in was Valravn for 15 minutes this morning. I was able to easily use my drink plan almost a dozen times today, without waiting in an extremely long line on the 90 degree day. I know its a weekday and school is starting again, but it was extremely pleasant to have a reminder of how pleasant a trip to the park can be, and it just rejuvenated my fading love for the park.

Cedar Point + Kings Island = Heaven

Interesting. We went to SeaBreeze on Sunday for my kid’s birthday and it was SLAAAAAAAMMED. All I could think was between that, reports from CP, and a couple aborted trips to Darien Lake, maybe it’s time for a new hobby. Glad to hear you had a good time!

ROUNDABOUND.

These were the weekdays that were originally scheduled as closed and then added later, so there's a chance you don't have as many people with pre-planned multi day stays going on this week. Plus nearly all Ohio schools are starting this week. And you may have a stray person here or there sitting a trip out after all the news about Dragster.

We are in Breakers through Wednesday night and decided to add a day yesterday. The desk agent said they had 84 rooms available for Thursday night.

Friday’s and Perkins do not have enough serving staff and are only allowing a dozen or so tables at a time. Not a social distancing issue as they are confining those tables to a small section. Kitchen staff seems ok as a To Go order only took 20 minutes last night.

I'm sure the weather is a factor. Those of us who can't handle heat couldn't be bribed to go to the park yesterday. Steel Vengeance could be a walk on and it wouldn't matter I would be physically ill by the time I got from the main gate to the back of the park. Also a lot of schools are starting this week or have already started which I personally think is ridiculous.

I took a walk with the wife over to Wild Turnip to try the power salad. That was enough for her and she was on the beach the rest of the afternoon. My boys didn’t head to the dry park until about 3 and only made it on a couple of coasters before needing a pool break. Would have been a great day to marathon Thunder Canyon if it were open. If it clears up today it will probably be just as humid.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service