Maxair and Gatekeeper

So we are almost to August and still no Maxair yet for the season?

That is correct.

Promoter of fog.

CP is saving it for their 152 Anniversary Grand Reopening Sales Event. Ride MaxAir get a free hotdog and upgrade your daily ticket to a Gold Pass for $1 (cashless)

Last edited by Cargo Shorts,

They have been feverishly working to make it a complete 360 loop, quite a process. Staff shortage has been busy figuring why Wicked Twister doesn't go high enough up the spires.

Is Gatekeeper back up and running? Sorry, a quick Google didn't help me answer this and the CP website is not good for these type of questions.

Gatekeeper is back open.

MaxAir sure takes up a lot of space for a ride that hasn’t opened all year. Right next to the kids area too. Maybe a new kids area is coming?

Just kidding.

Anyone know if Magnum is back up and running? Heard it was down the other day and definitely want a ride on it on Saturday!

Cargo Shorts said:

CP is saving it for their 152 Anniversary Grand Reopening Sales Event. Ride MaxAir get a free hotdog and upgrade your daily ticket to a Gold Pass for $1 (cashless)

Hahaha

Magnum is very much clanking. Been at CPS since open and watching right now from the lot. Oh look, TTD seems up as well. Will report later on GK.

edit: Read they upped Saturday FLP to $225.

GK was up and humming all evening.

Last edited by Cargo Shorts,

Looking at Cedar Point's website, it looks like they did indeed up the Saturday fastlane to $225.

So can we assume MaXair will not open at all for the season? It seems like there was no priority to get it up and running.

I have a suspicion that it, along with WT is not likely to be here by next season.

I would assume the would have announced it's closer along with Wicked Twister. What would make more sense is a relocation.

Been visiting yearly with my now wife to celebrate our anniversary since 2010. Proposed on top of Valravn in '17 during the Sunrise Thrills Tour. Proud owner of two bricks in the Legacy Walk and have a piece of Wicked Twister

I truly hope it's not on the chopping block, though at the same time I wouldn't be surprised. We've seen several seasons where maXair was down for substantial time. I love that ride though. It's a nice long ride cycle and gives great views of the park at its peak.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

I don’t know if a flat ride leaving warrants any kind of news release or video like the removal of WT. Most likely the ride IS leaving or being relocated and will be addressed in a later announcement. The very fact that the park did not open the ride at all this year is pretty telling, and yes it has been down in the past but it still managed to open.

It really depends on what's wrong with it. If it's a proprietary part that they weren't able to get (everything is all effed up in the world with supply chains if you hadn't noticed), but will eventually get, then it will re-open. If it's something structural that just can't be fixed or is too costly to be fixed, then it will leave.

I think a lot of times announcing a ride closure is only done to give people a last chance to ride it. That obviously can't happen here since the ride isn't running so why would we expect an announcement even if it is leaving?

I don't think anyone here (well maybe one person) knows what's wrong with it enough to say either way.

I think relocating a ride like that is a much more involved and expensive process than moving Tiki Twirl, Troika, or even Giant Wheel. It's not really portable. I'm sure it could be done, but why?

-Matt

To possibly open up even more of that area for whatever may be taking Wicked Twister's place?

They did show a maXair page in the CP history book in the Wicked Twister video… So maybe that’s your hint it’s leaving?

ROUNDABOUND.

Good. Plenty of room now for another e-ticket coaster IF Maxair is gone too.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service