Special Announcement at 4:30PM on Youtube

BlueGemini said:

Look closely behind the girls head at when she is reading the book on the beach and notice that there is no Wicked Twister behind her and what looks like some purple T-rex track. Goes between her hat and the book.

It's the back of the chair she is sitting on. And you don't see Wicked Twister because it is further down the beach from where she is sitting.

Last edited by 99er,

Well this guy didn’t take the news very well. I guess he got drunk and decided to save WT.

https://fox8.com/news/police-man-facing-charges-after-driving-on-ce...boardwalk/

Well this sucks. Really how much room is Wicked Twister taking up? And if you want to keep your beach views open, what ride is gonna go there that blocks that view less than two vertical twisted pieces of track? I get it, it’s ridiculously expensive to operate and has low ridership. But it has always been one of my favorites in the park. I just hope it gets relocated to another park and not scrapped.

ROUNDABOUND.

Cargo Shorts said:

Well this guy didn’t take the news very well. I guess he got drunk and decided to save WT.

https://fox8.com/news/police-man-facing-charges-after-driving-on-ce...boardwalk/

Someone actually told me about that yesterday when he came in for gas. I rode wicked twister in 2019 a few times, and the ride experience is like a fusion between Skyhawk and TTD. I'm a little sad they're closing it, though. It was quite fun while it lasted.

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

It is likely the scrap-yard is the most plausible destination.

The steel isn't so valuable, but it has millions of dollars worth of copper buss-bars in the building.

Probably shouldn't leave that money on the table... (or move the table)

I suspect the EBITDA watchers are salivating at the opportunity.

"Your persiflage does not amuse. " - Ralph (from Around the world in 80 days)

A nice thread was posted on Twitter giving a rundown of the ride's history, and how it was overshadowed from the very beginning:

https://twitter.com/OnlineHyde/status/1423771345020768260?s=20

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

A Zamperla 70m Double Heart fit in the almost same exact footprint as WT.

That could be cool. 🤷‍♂️

I’m thinking probably an infinity coaster though.

I just turned double digits back in 2001/2002 so don’t remember the details, but was Wicked Twister a response to Superman at Six Flags/Geauga Lake?

Last edited by Buckeye122,

Condolences to the fans of WT. I've only ridden the coaster a handful of times over the years, but the closure announcement made me stop and think. It's strange how my feelings about the ride's removal aren't about being glad or sad, but the quick pace of time. I was in my early twenties during WT's debut, and in the prime of my coaster geekiness. Fast forward to now, and I find myself casually walking the park during visits rather than seeking X amount of laps on coasters. Sipping on a drink from Trail Tavern while relaxing in one of the rocking chairs on the Thunder Canyon observation deck is an attraction itself.

Cargo Shorts said:

Scott, more like finally there is a resolution and something is going to happen over there to revitalize it.

My suspicion is Giant Wheel is moved to the WT plot and the flats are relocated or incorporated into the whatever is going in that areas, probably a woodie. Though I am less enamored with woodies each passing year.

Giant Wheel to be moved Again? Actually that area behind Giant Wheel near the WT launch area is presently a very "dead", under utilized area. So, with GW moved, Tiki Twirl moved (again), Troika/Troika/Troika as well, that is quite the plot of land. Dodgem stays put, who knows about Maxair and 3 point shot place. The weather on that shore area can get a tad dicey when wind is from the NE, sand & such blows up there which could affect ride OPS.

Buckeye122 said:

I just turned double digits back in 2001/2002 so don’t remember the details, but was Wicked Twister a response to Superman at Six Flags/Geauga Lake?

Yes. It was still World's of Adventure, and Cedar Point and Kinzel were riding the bigger/taller/faster train full speed ahead.

To put it in perspective, there was just one (2001) season in between Millennium Force and Wicked Twister, and then no seasons between Wicked Twister and Top Thrill. In a span of four years, the park added three Intamin world-record breakers. It would be another four years (2007) until Maverick finally arrived.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

Are we sure there still needs to be an additional "midway" between the coliseum and the boardwalk? If they move away from having guests walk over in that area, that makes the potential plot significantly larger

Been visiting yearly with my now wife to celebrate our anniversary since 2010. Proposed on top of Valravn in '17 during the Sunrise Thrills Tour. Proud owner of two bricks in the Legacy Walk and have a piece of Wicked Twister

Buckeye122 said:

Kinzel actually said as much. He rode S:UE and had to have a bigger and faster version for CP.

ROUNDABOUND.

Is anyone at the park today? Just wondering if Wicked Twister has a 2 hour wait now that it is being removed

It did not and I doubt it will before it closes, even on it's last day. Because the general public really doesn't pay attention, or care for that matter, about things like this.

June 11th, 2001 - Gemini 100
VertiGo Rides - 82
R.I.P. Fright Zone, and Cyrus along with it.

Cartwright said:

Anyone else notice the focus on the Mantis section of the 150th book?

The better question is did anyone notice the rumbling today underneath the preferred parking area of the main parking lot heading toward GKs loading station? A few friends of mine that flew in from overseas and our group were walking through that area (toward the Boardwalk entrance) and felt the vibrations, almost like a small earthquake. Weird! Oh well we're staying at the Breakers tonight , going to the beach and the waves look great. Surfs up!!

*canceling my Breakers reservation*

I love that I come back to this to find talk of dangling purple things. You never disappoint, fandom Internets.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

I said it on CB, and I'll say it here, one less Intamin headache to deal with.

I just wonder at what point Cedar Point settles down from creating the biggest and meanest and record breakingest rides to put something mid-sized in that they really need. I know people have been saying this on here ever since they put in Maverick and we were waiting for what would become Shoot the Rapids (and probably before), but a GCI woodie truly would be the bee's knees. But the problem, of course, is that a GCI woodie wouldn't be record breaking in any way. Ditto for a Gerstlauer, because they're probably not breaking that 14-inversion record or anything.

Undomesticated equines could not remove me.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service