Special Announcement at 4:30PM on Youtube

Wonder where it's headed.

Brandon

Jumbo Jet Revival.

Transfer the ride to Michigan Adventure. Give that park something

Scott, more like finally there is a resolution and something is going to happen over there to revitalize it.

My suspicion is Giant Wheel is moved to the WT plot and the flats are relocated or incorporated into the whatever is going in that areas, probably a woodie. Though I am less enamored with woodies each passing year.

20 seasons, not a very long stint. Always overshadowed by the other Intamins. I hope it gets a second life at Michigan's Adventure, Worlds of Fun or CAGA.

Looking forward to something new in that area, it needs it. I know the top two rumors will probably be a Gerstlauer with the great light package or a GCI. I'd be fine with either, as long as the Gerstlauer would have the lap bars like HangTime/Monster, not the over the shoulders like Shellraiser.

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

They’re not gonna put up a wooden coaster and block the beach view. But a hang time style coaster would be nice there.

First ride; Magnum 1994

Maybe they can donate it to Conneaut Lake so the new owner can tease it as a new addition and sell it off.

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

Predicted this a few years ago by posting on this website (on a certain topic) even where I believed the new queue line would be for this new attraction, predicting it would be in the area of the former Oceana location. I'm pretty certain I know what this new ride might be (there were hints on other areas of the internet a few years back) and am pretty positive the park is leaning in the family oriented direction for this yet to be announced future attraction. If you can find that post I put on here, let me know. All I can say is (if it's what I think it is), it will definitely be visually impressive and fit it rather nicely in that particular area of the park. The new ride wouldn't make sense in the middle of the park. I'm out.

Last edited by CPfan1976,

They always have a plan, been waiting for a while. Ever since they knocked the stadium down, that area has been kind of neglected. Since the park has tried to become more family friendly, with the additions of Forbidden Frontier and Snake River Expedition; I suggest a relocation of the Stage. I've always thought it was in a terrible area because people are trying to walk by while the crowd is trying to watch the show.

Been visiting yearly with my now wife to celebrate our anniversary since 2010. Proposed on top of Valravn in '17 during the Sunrise Thrills Tour. Proud owner of two bricks in the Legacy Walk and have a piece of Wicked Twister

I always thought the big stage was in a terrible place because they ripped down the Wildcat when they built it...

I do think there is a great benefit to being able to do shows out on the midway, though, in a fully staged environment. Today's park visitors are not planning their day around the show schedule, and a lot more people will discover, watch, and enjoy the shows they literally stumble upon walking down the midway, than the shows they have to seek out.

But while the Fire & Ice show over where the stadium used to be was a great show, the entire stage was constructed with cast-off bits and pieces from Luminosity, and it is quite clear that everything that has gone into that space since Oceana was torn down is temporary. Now that Wicked Twister is going away, I wonder if Tiki Twirl is going to get re-homed again to further clear out that space for whatever is coming next.

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

It's way too early for me to speculate what could be coming, whether it be a rollercoaster or not, but I am excited about the possibilities. I can see either a boardwalk style GCI or a single rail RMC fitting in nicely there. While I'm in favor of a Log Flume next, it doesn't fit the area like it would in Frontier Town imo. Oops, there I go speculating.....

I think it's pretty telling that in the five hours since the removal announcement, there are only 20 posts in this thread.

We've gone around about this area of the park for sometime. It definitely is in need of a facelift/revival, whether that includes the beach area specifically, or a broader footprint that could include an overhaul of Kiddy Kingdom.

Promoter of fog.

I do think it would go against their "open up the views of the beach/lake" mentality to build a GCI twister layout, but they are very popular attractions with good reliability and lower height limits. The light package that gets added to those Gerstlauers is so nice, and the vibe seems right for that part of the park. Either way, a nice new coaster there to add to GateKeeper, hopefully MaxAir and the other flat rides would be cool to see. The night time visual of Windseeker in motion, Giant Wheel and the KCL light package on a Gerstlauer would be pretty spectacular.

Last edited by James Parker jr,

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

Well, this ride is just not having a good day. Some sort of malfunction with some copper wires hanging from the track on station. Talked to a front row rider through the gate (who is still stuck on the ride at the end of the launch section as of this post) who said the wires struck him near his thumb on the third “pass”. Not injured, nor do I know how serious it actually is, but doesn’t look good.

Weather Freak
Ride Warrior

Well how would you feel if you just found out you were being removed from the park?

I'd let my copper wires dangle all day to.

Promoter of fog.

Look closely behind the girls head at when she is reading the book on the beach and notice that there is no Wicked Twister behind her and what looks like some purple T-rex track. Goes between her hat and the book. Just an observation....

About the 12 second mark in the video.

Last edited by BlueGemini,

At first, I thought you were trolling. But went back, and you're right. There's some sort of purple thing in the back that sticks out. Assuming they put that there on purpose, and assuming she's reading the page about Mantis correctly; could they be putting in a new stand-up coaster? Purple Mantis 2.0??

Been visiting yearly with my now wife to celebrate our anniversary since 2010. Proposed on top of Valravn in '17 during the Sunrise Thrills Tour. Proud owner of two bricks in the Legacy Walk and have a piece of Wicked Twister

The only other item that makes me wonder is she is looking at Mantis and MaxAir. MaxAir not running this year and no signs of it and now seeing her looking at this I certainly hope MaxAir isn't going anywhere... Love that ride!! Hopefully if they are doing anything with it they are just moving it somewhere in the park.

James Parker jr said:

I do think it would go against their "open up the views of the beach/lake" mentality...

GL2CP said:
They’re not gonna put up a wooden coaster and block the beach view.

It is possible to build a coaster in that area and not block any views of the beach. Build a new attraction on the current midway and route a new midway around the Giant Wheel. Then they would finally have an actual boardwalk style midway with the beach on one side and rides on the other.

Prolly a trackless bobsled coaster coming.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service