Maxair and Gatekeeper

Testing

"Your persiflage does not amuse. " - Ralph (from Around the world in 80 days)

Has anyone heard anything about TTD? Understand yesterday and the day before since the weather was pretty foul but today was beautiful and it has been down all day.

Reddit had a photo of a flatbed truck in front of Dragster with a long metal object on it that some claimed was part of the launch mechanism but wasn’t clear to me. If so this could take some time unfortunately.

Can you link to the photo? Based on what you're describing it sounds to me like the actual catch car that transfers all the energy from the cable to the train. I have seen it out of the assembly at winter chill out and it's quite a massive piece.

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

DRose said:

I would like to know what's up with Maxair. Nobody seems to have any info on that.

Why does it matter if you know or not? It is down and has been down for a while! Unless you’re maintenance or the crew, the status of maXair (or any ride for that matter) does not need to be a press release.

Thanks for the info Cargo. I am not all that disappointed but my youngest is finally 52 inches tall this year and is a total daredevil. Just want to give him realistic expectations for tomorrow.

That is why DRose asked here and didn’t contact his local news station. If I’m not mistaken this is a website for folks that enjoy CP and are generally pretty knowledgeable. You came across pretty harsh TW for someone asking a simple question on a site dedicated to all things CP.

I am not super knowledgeable but guessing it’s not going to be running today.

Reddit made a good point. It's the mid season cable change. That's the catch car and it's the first thing to take out. They change all launch cables 3 times a year if I remember the WCO presentation correctly.

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

Dragster is up and running. I cannot believe how fast the queu filled up.

Totally. We were very pleasantly surprised. Waited until 11:15 after doing ERT on Maverick and Millennium. First ride of day then it went down. Rode early afternoon again. Rider already in my wife’s row so the six of us went. Then down for weather and wife didn’t get second ride. Glad it was running at least for a while. 7 year old absolutely loved it.

Take a look at GK on the webcam. A train has been sitting on the lift hill reportedly for the past 3 hours. Doesn’t seem like a good thing unless that is part of some test.

^ Maybe they froze the camera in that spot on purpose to keep the enthusiasts from lurking around.

My friend showed me a picture on Tuesday that during its first cycle after the chain incident the train didn’t fully make it up the MCBR. Luckily the brakes caught the front end before it rolled back.

Last edited by Jordan_Vanichek,

Weather Freak
Ride Warrior

We just left the park, and it has been sitting on the top of the lift hill for quite a few hours since their afternoon without any movement.

It’s cycling now

Weather Freak
Ride Warrior

Apparently GK is operational this morning.

It's a trap.

Promoter of fog.

^ Wish there was a way to laugh at that comment.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service