News: Cedar Fair preparing for another pandemic-focused season in 2021

Paisley said:

But can we go in the resort gate after the park opens with a platinum pass?

I don't see why this would be a problem. All these rules are specifically for early entry.

Promoter of fog.

I know last year, to use the Magnum/resort gate, you had to have a wrist band indicating you had your temperature checked prior to entering the park.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

/me keeps forgetting that “last season” wasn’t 2019...

Well, it *was* for me!

—Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

Same (even though we were there in 2020). At least for a second I responded to Paisley without also considering pandemic-specific rules.

Something about Cedar Point being my proverbial "escape" allows my brain to forget those considerations from time to time. That and the light at the end of the tunnel is getting so much closer...

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

Guys, it's happening! The Giant Wheel's gondolas are being loaded!

CoasterMania and Coaster Campout tickets go on sale on Monday. I suspect a lot of people are going to get sticker shock when they see the $40 price tag for CoasterMania, not including admission. I'm wondering if they're selling less tickets due to pandemic, and hoping the price point will drive away the "casual" CM attendee and only attract those who really love the event.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

$40 does not seem high enough to keep anyone away.

The park will require reservations upon opening. Reservations will be available April 26th at 11am. Same applies for Cedar Point Shores.

Interesting, considering that for much of last season they didn't bother. I wonder if they are planning on using reservations for staff planning as much as for limiting crowds. Which leads to the question...*when* the COVID restrictions are limited (which, incidentally, there are no longer any hard capacity limits in Ohio) will the reservations go away?

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

I think they are expecting crushing demand, like good weather Saturday in October style demand. That, plus the likely major staffing concerns probably made the reservation decision an easy one.

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

Fast Lane (Plus) is returning as well. I assume this means they will be loading all rows on rides?

I really hope FastLane returning means no rows/seats blocked off

2015 - Ride Host: Shoot the Rapids 2016 - Team Leader: Ripcord/Challenge Golf 2017 - Supervisor: Thunder Canyon 2018 - Supervisor: Camp Snoopy 2019 - Supervisor: Power Tower

I have to believe that means full trains and the end of the 30 minute clean and empty send policy. The hourly capacity last season was a fraction of normal operations, necessitating the access passes on the big 4.

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

It looks like we wait until the 26th to hear the rest of the Covid procedures. I believe we will see full trains again this season with the return of FL, but those pesky access passes may still be needed especially with social distancing in the queues. Here's hoping for a great season!

Looking forward to their next announcement, but I must say I'm very pleased with how well they are working with the tools and procedures available to them and still putting the guest experience as high a priority as they can.

Here's to hoping we have full trains and no pesky cleaning cycles. I think that alone would be an eye opening difference between this season and last season with ride operations.

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

I would take double the number of cleaning cycles, if it allows them to load full trains and not have access passes.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

There's really no reason we can't have fully loaded trains and fewer/no constant cleaning cycles. One doesn't affect the other and neither are likely making much difference if any.

The CDC has said more than once that "Spread from touching surfaces is not thought to be a common way that COVID-19 spreads." (lifted that straight from their web site).

Unfortunately the Ohio Department of Health has not got the memo, as Section 5 of the "streamlined" April 9 master public health order still features "d. Routine disinfection of high-contact surfaces, desk workstations, restrooms, and equipment." and the remaining orders for specific sectors are still full of demands that stuff be wiped down at ridiculous intervals.

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

What Dave said...and I'm nervous about it because I think it has a pretty huge impact on the experience overall. I'm hoping Cedar Fair has been in contact with the governor's office on this topic, but we won't really know until next Monday.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

All closing times in May are now showing as 8PM, including all Friday & Saturday dates as well as Memorial weekend.

Girl: "l want to ride that yellow one again... Twisted Wicker"
Me: "It's a roller coaster, not a broken clothes hamper."

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service